What’s Going On with the “New” Disneyland Train Station Announcements?

mickEblu

Original Poster
The Disneyland Train Station Announcement has been my favorite sound at Disneyland since I was a child. Its always had an ethereal quality to it. Part of that I think is because the version I grew up with is mixed with some heavy reverb which would make it sound like you were in some grand train station with an echo. The other part is just how transportive hearing that spiel while walking under the train tracks is.

As soon as the vlogging outside the gates started being posted in mid April that the Train was circling around Disneyland again I immediately heard something was off. It sounds like an older more dry version of the train station announcements without the wetness/ reverb. Here’s the confusing part… the announcement states we are stopping at Frontierland, Mickey’s Toontown and Tomorrowland. Why is nobody talking about this? When has there ever been an announcement that mentioned both Frontierland and Toontown? By the time they built Toontown, the Frontierland station was already known as the NOS station wasn’t it? Who can help me get to the bottom of this? At first I thought they decided to open the park in April with some old nostalgic train station announcement but now I’m confused and worried the one I love isn’t coming back.

Here is a sample of what I’m talking about. Fast forward to 1:11

Last edited:

George Lucas on a Bench

I seem to recall these announcements changing slightly when they refurbed the train a few years ago to make way for Star Wars: Galactic Hellscape. This doesn't sound horribly different, but it is modified. He should be saying New Orleans Square.

I didn't hear this in person on my one overpriced Coronian visit because the train was closed most of the day.

mickEblu

Original Poster
I seem to recall these announcements changing slightly when they refurbed the train a few years ago to make way for Star Wars: Galactic Hellscape. This doesn't sound horribly different, but it is modified. He should be saying New Orleans Square.

I didn't hear this in person on my one overpriced Coronian visit because the train was closed most of the day.

The train station depot announcements didn’t change. Only the ride narration.

SuddenStorm

Isn't the Disneyland Railroad only loading at Toontown station? I wonder if that's why they changed it.

Also, didn't the Ward Kimball get a new whistle? The DLRR facebook group was up in arms about it- and I have to say I'm not a fan of the new one.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Isn't the Disneyland Railroad only loading at Toontown station? I wonder if that's why they changed it.

Also, didn't the Ward Kimball get a new whistle? The DLRR facebook group was up in arms about it- and I have to say I'm not a fan of the new one.

No it’s been back to normal operation for a few weeks now and they ve been using this spiel since mid/late April before they switched over to the Toontown only stop. Why change it at all though? All I got is that it was an attempt at being nostalgic after a long closure but even that doesn’t make a whole lot of sense.

Last edited:

Sharon&Susan

Didn't go on it today, but it seemed like they were using the Main Street Station at least. Side entrances used instead of the main steps where the distanced meet and greets are currently occurring.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Conspiracy Theory: Disney is hinting a change that the New Orleans Square train station will be closing soon to become the path to the Disneyland Forward expansion. A new Frontierland station will be built off of Big Thunder Trail.

cmwade77

Conspiracy Theory: Disney is hinting a change that the New Orleans Square train station will be closing soon to become the path to the Disneyland Forward expansion. A new Frontierland station will be built off of Big Thunder Trail.
There could be more truth to this than we think.

D.Silentu

If this proves true, you will officially be the Bob Woodward of these forums.

Last edited:

britain

The Big Thunder trail is too close to Toontown to make it worth putting in a new Frontierland train station.

Zilch chance of this being associated with Disneyland Forward.

More likely they have simply received some feedback that some guests want to get off the train at Frontierland, and did not know that New Orleans Square station is the best place for that. Besides, NOS and Critter Country are both sort of “sub lands” under Frontierland.

mickEblu

Original Poster
The Big Thunder trail is too close to Toontown to make it worth putting in a new Frontierland train station.

Zilch chance of this being associated with Disneyland Forward.

More likely they have simply received some feedback that some guests want to get off the train at Frontierland, and did not know that New Orleans Square station is the best place for that. Besides, NOS and Critter Country are both sort of “sub lands” under Frontierland.

Yeah its way too close. I wasn’t being serious about the new station part. If anything, they would just rename the NOS station to be cute.

I don’t believe they have received any such feedback in regards to NOS with POTC, HM And Splash being located right there. None of it makes sense. They probably just “turned on” the wrong spiel and haven’t noticed. Seriously though this is still a mystery and I have no good explanation nor have I heard one.

Castle Cake Apologist

Yeah its way too close. I wasn’t being serious about the new station part. If anything, they would just rename the NOS station to be cute.

I don’t believe they have received any such feedback in regards to NOS with POTC, HM And Splash being located right there. None of it makes sense. They probably just “turned on” the wrong spiel and haven’t noticed. Seriously though this is still a mystery and I have no good explanation nor have I heard one.

But it's still weird! Like you said, Frontierland Station was NOS Station by the time Toontown existed, so I don't think there's ever been a time that both would have been called out on the announcements together, so there wouldn't have been an old track to accidentally use.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom