WFTV Orlando erroneously reports Raglan Road is closing

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Original Poster
I just heard from a local friend that WFTV was reporting that the Rock 'n' Roll Beach Club AND Raglan Road were closing. After a brief panic I found the following poorly worded sentinel article that the news anchor read nearly word for word but blended the sentences together making it sound as though Raglan Road was closing.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/orl-tourism2108jan21,0,4781822.story

Closing Feb. 3 will be the Rock 'n' Roll Beach Club, a venue known for its nightly live music. Along with Raglan Road, which often features solo musicians or acoustical combos, the Beach Club has been Pleasure Island's live-music venue.

jedimaster1227

I believe they meant to say that along with Raglan Road, RNRBC features live performances. I don't think it was implied that Raglan Road is closing. That is just my interpretation.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Original Poster
I believe they meant to say that along with Raglan Road, RNRBC features live performances. I don't think it was implied that Raglan Road is closing. That is just my interpretation.

Yes, I'm sure that's what they meant, but from my understanding it is not what they said. I figured if one person heard it and thought that Raglan Road was closing then others might as well. I thought I could save some people a panic attack. :lol:

TTATraveler

Yes, I'm sure that's what they meant, but from my understanding it is not what they said. I figured if one person heard it and thought that Raglan Road was closing then others might as well. I thought I could save some people a panic attack. :lol:

This doesn't surprise me. I don't think I have seen one of their newscasts where any anchor was able to get all the way through without bobbling their words or making other mistakes. Of course, reading the Sentinel line quickly, I can understand the confusion.

"Closing Feb. 3 will be the Rock 'n' Roll Beach Club, a venue known for its nightly live music. Along with Raglan Road, which often features solo musicians or acoustical combos, the Beach Club has been Pleasure Island's live-music venue."

What they should have wrote was: Closing Feb. 3 will be the Rock 'n' Roll Beach Club, a venue known for its nightly live music. After February 3 Raglan Road, which often features solo musicians or acoustical combos,will be Pleasure Island's only live-music venue.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Maybe the person that wrote that article also wrote the e-mail we got a few months ago from Disney Dinning Experience explaining the mandatory tip.:lookaroun

Figment1986

This is why I hate "Rip and Read" broadcasting.. errors can happen when you black out parts to shorten it... Then again, it could have happened when they re-wrote the setinel article in broadcast format and removed some stuff without proof reading facts.

Stuff happens in broadcasting... hopefully they correct the copy by the next time they use it.

PintoColvig

I also thought Ragland Road was closing when I initially read the OS article. I was just skimming through and the two sentences blended together. I quickly did a double-take and reread it more slowly. What a relief.

bgraham34

Damn! Am I the only one that thinks this place is crap? I went a week ago and my "shepard's pie" was the most bland uninspired thing I've ever eaten. They call themselves Irish but they're far from it.

I though it was good. It was a modern day take on shepards pie. I have had much better but i can't complain.

Fun2BFree

Damn! Am I the only one that thinks this place is crap? I went a week ago and my "shepard's pie" was the most bland uninspired thing I've ever eaten. They call themselves Irish but they're far from it.

Personally, I find it about as exotic as you guys think a steakhouse is. :shrug:
Overpriced Guinness and pub-grub isn't the way to go.

PintoColvig

:shrug:Eh, I like to eat at place at least twice before I curse, call it crap and wish it would close. But that's just me.

I thoroughly enjoyed my meal and the atmosphere. The Dalkey Duo (battered cocktail sausages) appetizer was just okay but the Heavenly Ham was awesome and the Bread n Butter Pudding was out of this world. That's just my opinion though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom