Westin Anaheim Resort Looking To Fill Roughly 400 Positions- Looking at an October, 2020 opening

SuddenStorm

Not surprising, but yet another blow to the industry. That's 400 less jobs in Anaheim, and the delayed opening of the hotel also means less tax revenue for the city of Anaheim.

This whole thing sucks, and California's inability to compromise and assist these cities and industries and people that are going to be suffering for years is quite disheartening.

TP2000

Not surprising, but yet another blow to the industry. That's 400 less jobs in Anaheim, and the delayed opening of the hotel also means less tax revenue for the city of Anaheim.

This whole thing sucks, and California's inability to compromise and assist these cities and industries and people that are going to be suffering for years is quite disheartening.

Yes, not surprising.

The SoCal tourism industry's major players (Disney, Universal, City of Anaheim that owns the convention center, San Diego Convention Center, etc.) are getting absolutely no info from Sacramento about future plans. All they've been told is what we see on the Twitter; Wait until the Yellow Tier, then reopen with 25% of your capacity. Forever. That's not a workable business plan for anyone, or any city.

Who cares about all those little people who work at some tacky amusement park that only WalMart shoppers go to? They should get jobs making solar panels or something, if they are too stupid to get a real job.

el_super

What inability? This is the compromise? Keeping Disneyland closed so that other businesses may open earlier, was the compromise.

J2B

Alas, The Westin just announced they will not opening in December, with no future date announced.

The 400 positions filled have been notified their positions have been placed on hold.
This is just one-more-establishment buried under Newsom's Shovel!!!

Jiggsawpuzzle35

Yes, not surprising.

The SoCal tourism industry's major players (Disney, Universal, City of Anaheim that owns the convention center, San Diego Convention Center, etc.) are getting absolutely no info from Sacramento about future plans. All they've been told is what we see on the Twitter; Wait until the Yellow Tier, then reopen with 25% of your capacity. Forever. That's not a workable business plan for anyone, or any city.

Who cares about all those little people who work at some tacky amusement park that only WalMart shoppers go to? They should get jobs making solar panels or something, if they are too stupid to get a real job.
These politicians in Sacramento are probably the same ones who complained that Disney wasn’t paying their cast members enough money.

J2B

Yes, not surprising.

San Diego on high-alert today ... Purple here we come!! Tent city wasteland

lazyboy97o

My assumption with this is that to meet capacity guidelines they don't want more rooms than people they can let in.
Even with those capacity restrictions, that the state has begged the parks to raise, there is not enough demand. The crowds filling the parks are a lot of local visitors, not people flocking in for vacations

Jiggsawpuzzle35

There is talk of Anaheim wanting to be a bubble hub city for potentially up to 8 teams this upcoming season. I can see the NHL booking the JW Marriott and Westin for the teams to stay it. I could see them blocking off the upper level of the Gardenwalk for the players to use to dinning and entertainment.

Lilofan

Even with those capacity restrictions, that the state has begged the parks to raise, there is not enough demand. The crowds filling the parks are a lot of local visitors, not people flocking in for vacations
WDW can't even open up all of their resorts. Several of them are still shuttered and a number of cast are still furloughed. The cast working are lucky enough to be earning a paycheck.

TP2000

I drove past the new Westin last night on my Topless Milkshake Tour of the Anaheim Resort District.

The Westin is obviously all done and ready to go. And it was lit up like a Christmas tree; they clearly spent a lot of money on this property and it instantly becomes one of the best looking hotels in Anaheim for curb appeal, second only to the Grand Californian.

But it was empty. Abandoned. All coned off and surrounded by crime scene caution tape. The swanky Fleming's steakhouse had it's 20 foot tall glass doors and windows all covered in butcher paper. The ballrooms and sidewalk retail were all empty. It was just... very sad.

At least all the homeless campers haven't moved in yet, they're still camping two blocks east.

IMG_0536 (2).JPG

George Lucas on a Bench

20201123_173109.jpg

I drive by it every day but I just don't pay attention to it since I'm watching the road instead. On my commute this evening, however, an insane and deceptive amount of traffic in the Disneyland area had me stopped right next to this luxurious resort. Looks great. Despite the traffic, Disneyland in fact remains closed and everyone has to be in by 10.

TP2000

Despite the traffic, Disneyland in fact remains closed and everyone has to be in by 10.

Unless you go are going to a strip club on Ball Road. Or a marijuana cigarette emporium. Or a liquor store. Or Target. Or WalMart. Or In-N-Out. Or Starbucks. Or 7-11. All of that is Essential and remains open past 10pm.

But going to church or the gym or Disneyland? That's deadly! Keep it closed!

LastoneOn

Unless you go are going to a strip club on Ball Road. Or a marijuana cigarette emporium. Or a liquor store. Or Target. Or WalMart. Or In-N-Out. Or Starbucks. Or 7-11. All of that is Essential and remains open past 10pm.

But going to church or the gym or Disneyland? That's deadly! Keep it closed!
Well you know, strip clubs are quiet compared to the average church.

Jiggsawpuzzle35

8909D8D9-F01E-4017-8161-05F511EE1E0C.jpeg

Here is a new rendering of the two new hotels that are going to be built at OCVibe. The hotel closes to the Ayres kind of resembles the hotel that was to be built at Downtown Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom