Western Way and Hartzog Road?

ginnyfavers

Original Poster
We'll be renting in the Sunset Lakes subdivision, and are looking for non-192 ways onto Disney property.

Does anyone know if Hartzog Road is now connected to Western Way, at Flamingo Crossings? Googlemaps shows a patch of undriveable, unpaved dirt road for a small section that would need to be finished to connect them.

Thanks in advance!

Rob562

I did a search for that development on Google Maps. Even if they're now connected, going via Hartzog and Western Way would be very out of your way.

My suggestion would be to head east on Funie Steed Road from your development, pass Lake Wilson and then turn left onto Entry Point Blvd. Then *cross* US192 onto Sherberth Road. Sherberth will bring you onto Disney property right by Animal Kingdom Lodge. Turn right at the light and you'll be on Osceola Parkway eastbound. Animal Kingdom is a marked U-turn after you pass the parking toll plaza. Turn left onto World Drive northbound for most other destinations. Downtown Disney is fastest if you go via Victory Way by Pop Century.

Going this route the only exposure you'll have to 192 is waiting for the traffic light to cross it.

Sherberth is how I got on and off property when I stayed at Orange Lake. Most tourists don't know about it, so it was fast and easy. Just make sure to use caution on the curves when you get to the northern end of Sherberth. It's a little winding, and you'll often get Cast Members in a rush to get to or from work... Had to turn around and go back to World Drive to get to 192 because of an accident.

-Rob

fonedon

Hartzog Road between Avalon & Western Way

Although closed for nearly a year Hartzog just recently reopened between Avalon Road and Western Way...pavrd all the way.

Rob562

It's a pity there isn't access to the southern end of Hartzog from inside Orange Lake. It'd make for a VERY convenient route to/from Disney property, avoiding 192 entirely.

-Rob

Owner@oranglake

Road

It could very well be. We have been owners for 7 years. So maybe they are just trying not to get us to sell. But i guess that area is going to be like another down town disney. With shops and hotels and disney time share.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom