western caribbean cruise questions

tracyandalex

we have a 2 yr old daughter so we are concerned about the excursions because for most of them no children under 5 or 8 are allowed. we don't mind leaving her at the nursery, she loved it last time, but we don't want to leave her in there all day, but we want to spend as much time as we can at the ports. ok, so my questions is how difficult will it be to get back on the ship to get her after our adult excursion and then go back out and explore the port? also, any suggestions on which excursions to do would be very much appreciated.

thank everyone :wave:

wizards8507

I can't give you any tips on your daughter and you didn't specify which ports you'll be visiting but my favorite shore excursions for WC ports are:

Belize:
Cave tubing/zip line combo

Cozumel:
ATV/snorkel jungle excursion

Grand Cayman:
Stingray City catamaran

Upvote 0

Phonedave

oops, sorry. the ports are key west, grand cayman, and cozumel.

I don't know about the other two, but the Grand Cayman's are tendered, meaning the ship does not dock at the island, but anchors off shore. So going back and forth can be a hassle.

Grand Cayman's also has a lot of nice places to visit. Some nice shops in Georgetown - many selling shipwreck items (got a 1782 8 Reale silver piece from the El Cazador on the wall in front of me now). There are also some nice beaches to see, like starfish point, but I don't think you will have time to get to them, especially if you have to get back on board get your child.

-dave

Upvote 0

saltmom1

In Cozumel, the ships dock. Why don't you divide up your excursion so that your child can enjoy it too ? Maybe 1 of the ports you can leave her in the child care center if you are comfortable with that.
You can go to the beach in Cozumel and take her with you. There are several.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom