West Side elevated 'High Line' structure construction

MickeyPeace

I live close to the High Line in NYC. The point is that it is now a beautiful park.
It used to be just a derelict train track. It hadn't seen a train since before subways went underground.
Disney is taking the concept because anyone who has been to the HL knows it's gorgeous.
Also maybe they'll need to start building up due to overcrowding, lol.

WDWDad13

This project really has potential to be gorgeous. Between the food trucks, and the high line, they're really drawing inspiration from big cities. I can't wait to see it finished.

Careful what you say....most people think this is "just another shopping mall" :)

Disney doesn't seem to be messing around on this and construction seems to be happening everywhere you look

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I live close to the High Line in NYC. The point is that it is now a beautiful park.
It used to be just a derelict train track. It hadn't seen a train since before subways went underground.
Disney is taking the concept because anyone who has been to the HL knows it's gorgeous.
Also maybe they'll need to start building up due to overcrowding, lol.
A really nice part of the Disney Springs high line is the shade it will provide. In the summer the sun in the West Side can be brutal. I think this addition will encourage people to stay in that area.

SirLink

Careful what you say....most people think this is "just another shopping mall" :)

Disney doesn't seem to be messing around on this and construction seems to be happening everywhere you look

Yep you can tell they aren't messing about by them a)not announcing a vendor list and b)by dragging out construction.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Yep you can tell they aren't messing about by them a)not announcing a vendor list and b)by dragging out construction.
The vendors will announce closer to opening. They are already physically building for tenants, even though they are not announced.

They are certainly not dragging out construction. That may be true for Fantasyland but not at Springs.

SirLink

The vendors will announce closer to opening. They are already physically building for tenants, even though they are not announced.

They are certainly not dragging out construction. That may be true for Fantasyland but not at Springs.

I feel they are certainly dragging out construction but more so with the construction order that garage should be having people working on it 24/7 the 'High Line' stuff should be rushed to get it done ... plus funny that Disney doesn't want to yet shopping centre's around the world at least announce key tenants before construction.

ToTBellHop

I feel they are certainly dragging out construction but more so with the construction order that garage should be having people working on it 24/7 the 'High Line' stuff should be rushed to get it done ... plus funny that Disney doesn't want to yet shopping centre's around the world at least announce key tenants before construction.
I feel construction here is fast for Disney with a pretty short timescale for near-complete reno of a facility that needs to stay open to guests the whole time. It's not like they are just closing the whole place, demoing, and building the streets of London on a closed site.

CDavid

If I may ask, is this speculation or do you have a reliable source(s) which indicates actual tenants have been signed? We know about Starbucks and The Boat House, obviously, but is there anything else that seems likely?

flynnibus

Premium Member

Don't most people announce tenants to a) establish their anchors.. to attract more tenants b) help establish their project's identity in the community to get support for locality things like zoning, support, etc

Why does Disney need to do any of that with DTD? For a... it's freaking Disney. For b.. they can do what they want without the need to schmooze local politicans or community groups.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom