Well that sucks....

BigTxEars

Original Poster
Aghhhhh!

So you open a email and BAM!

"Disney Vacation

Development, Inc. has decided to exercise the Right of First Refusal to purchase the Ownership Interest upon the terms set forth in the real estate contract."

The mouse just undercut me on my bid to buy 50 more points! Dang you Mickey!!!!!!

OK now I am sad, like my dog just died sad.....is that normal?

Oh well I will live to bid again!!!

GoofGoof

Premium Member
That sucks. If you don't mind me asking which resort and what was the price? I'm always curious to know what price points will trigger ROFR. It seems really random to me.

BigTxEars

Original Poster
That sucks. If you don't mind me asking which resort and what was the price? I'm always curious to know what price points will trigger ROFR. It seems really random to me.

OKW at $75 per point, 50 point contract.

Here is what the agent said

"Disney decided to take their right of first refusal. We never know why but sometimes they need more inventory to sell. They bought back more OKW this week than they have in weeks, and not necessarily based on price either. Would you like your deposit refunded or would you like to keep it at the Title Company and look for another listing? We are getting lots of listings lately. Again, I am sorry."

I am going to keep my eyes open for a new contract to bid on. I really just want 50 points right now with a use year of April. But I hope something will pop up soon. We still have 100 points at SSR that is a done deal, I think I will book our trip in Jan using those tonight to make me feel better :)

GoofGoof

Premium Member
OKW at $75 per point, 50 point contract.

Here is what the agent said

"Disney decided to take their right of first refusal. We never know why but sometimes they need more inventory to sell. They bought back more OKW this week than they have in weeks, and not necessarily based on price either. Would you like your deposit refunded or would you like to keep it at the Title Company and look for another listing? We are getting lots of listings lately. Again, I am sorry."

I am going to keep my eyes open for a new contract to bid on. I really just want 50 points right now with a use year of April. But I hope something will pop up soon. We still have 100 points at SSR that is a done deal, I think I will book our trip in Jan using those tonight to make me feel better :)
This happened a little while ago. They randomly started buying up OKW. Then nothing for a while. DIS boards had a thread that tracked ROFR, but I honestly haven't been over there in quite some time. Sounds like they are in a buying mood since the price is reasonable.

BigTxEars

Original Poster
This happened a little while ago. They randomly started buying up OKW. Then nothing for a while. DIS boards had a thread that tracked ROFR, but I honestly haven't been over there in quite some time. Sounds like they are in a buying mood since the price is reasonable.

That makes sense. We paid $75 per point for SSR about 4 months ago, and that made it thru Disney. I was hoping this would as well. I will try again when something pops up that catches our eye. :)

BigTxEars

Original Poster
Actually - this could be a GOOD thing, if one planned right :).

Our contract is with VWL... and we are 62. When we just get too old to go, and with a 7 year break even payoff (taking into account a 30% discount on the hotels, and accumulated savings)... I'll offer the contract for $1.00. All 273 points. OH! Here comes ROFR... what a surprise :). Bang - no more obligation. But we will have hit, and likely exceeded, total payback.

I keep a yearly spreadsheet of the "real" cost of WL hotel rooms, with discount - and update the "payback" date based on actual data....

But if I understand right of first refusal correctly they get a chance to buy it at the listed price, so they would get yours for $273 right? Heck I will go ahead and give you $5 a point right now :) PM me and let's move on this!

GoofGoof

Premium Member
But if I understand right of first refusal correctly they get a chance to buy it at the listed price, so they would get yours for $273 right? Heck I will go ahead and give you $5 a point right now :) PM me and let's move on this!
You're gonna have to split the points with me or I'll offer him $6;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom