Well Illuminations this is it

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
I know this is still to soon but it sure is my last, it’s the show that had me hooked on Epcot and got fascinated with all the Disney shop operations. Who else has taken a whole new interest in Disney nighttime shows because of ROE, I’ve also taken a fascination to these types of show elsewhere as well as pyrotechnics. I sure have and it seems like it’s sparked many other great shows thruout all the parks. The last question is will you or were you able to hold it together seeing this show for the last time?

It’s kind of funny that I’m going to be walking out of Here tonight with some much needed and exiting news about Epcot. This shows that they may very well respect Epcot’s soul dream and original image despite the changes and additions.

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I know this is still to soon but it sure is my last, it’s the show that had me hooked on Epcot and got fascinated with all the Disney shop operations. Who else has taken a whole new interest in Disney nighttime shows because of ROE, I sure have and it seems like it’s sparked many other great shows thruout all the parks. The last question is will you or were you able to hold it together seeing this show for the last time?
My interest in Illuminations was the catalyst for this website. It has definitely been a big part of my Disney life.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The last question is will you or were you able to hold it together seeing this show for the last time?
I knew I was seeing it for the last time last September 14th. I held it together, and remembered it for what it once was.

It was a bittersweet feeling. And thanks to a good friend for the great view(s).

Last edited:

Tom Morrow

I never expected Reflections of Earth to last 20 years, but I'm still going to be incredibly sad when it's gone. Even after all this time, it still makes me emotional. It will be hard for any other show to match the majesty and beauty of it. I describe it as a symphony visually coming to life. Unfortunately, there may never be another nighttime spectacular like it, as Disney, for the near future, is going all on IP-focused experiences.

I hope the Earth Barge is spared and gets to live on somehow and I hope the torches stay.

Last edited:

Raineman

At the risk of being shunned on this wonderful site, is it bad that we've only watched this once in 10 years and 18 trips?
I've only seen Illuminations once in the 23 days I have spent at WDW over my lifetime, so no emotional connection to it, TBH. Having said that, I know how many people feel-I felt the same when they mothballed Wishes, which never failed to make my eyes leak multiple times, in favour of HEA.

Tavernacle12

I’ll be seeing it for the last time in two weeks. I’m not excited. It feels like I’m going to a funeral. I’m hoping to catch it 3 times over six nights, I might go for more. I’m likely to just come out depressed.
Star Wars’ insanity made me unlikely to visit next year anyways, but the death of IllumiNations (and the extent to which I despise its replacement) could make this my last trip until the tail end of the 50th. Or longer. Or ever. My enthusiasm for WDW is just totally gone.

danyoung56

I've seen all the versions of IllumiNations, and always felt a loss when they changed to a newer version. But I quickly came to love the newer shows as well as the old ones. I'm really looking forward to seeing what they do with this incredible show space, but I'll miss ROE after seeing it a couple more times in about 4 weeks.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I don't have any great love for the visual elements of the show. I always felt like the globe was too small and the resolution too poor to make out anything clearly. But the soundtrack... hoo boy am I going to miss that.

"Promise" might be my favorite thing of any Disney park anywhere. Some of the lyrics are unbelievably poignant and take on new meeting especially if you're married and have children.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom