Trip Report Well, I guess this is happening... July 12-28 Trip Report - Pre, Live, and Post

Hello and welcome to another Brifraz trip report. If you traveled with us before you know how it usually works - a brief pre-trip outline of plans, lots of live trip reporting, then after the trip some poorly completed scattered posts to try to wrap things up. Well, I'm doing a legit pre-trip this time. Why? Because there are some issues right now. Maybe you didn't realize that?

Which means I'm going to lead off this thread by opening it up to the debate. It's my thraed and I'm okay with that. A little debate will keep things lively - now I'm not talking about something like the thousand plus pages of debate on the mask/precautions/COVID threads, but a little discussion is totally fine and all opinions are welcome. Now, let me be clear I'm not asking I 'what you would do?' But, after reading things below, I welcome opinions on 'what do you think we would or should do.'

Obviously, you can't get into those kinds of discussions without knowing who we are and what we are all about. Here goes. Feel free to steal our identities if you need to.
6e44e73a-9723-4362-bef0-4b69fa60a0c5.JPG

Our crew is a trio. Two nearly-50 year old adults and a 16 year old rising senior in High School. The two adults are high school teachers and have been since the 1990s. Obviously that means our only potential vacation times are summer and Christmas. Two teacher salaries have by no means made us rich, but we prioritize travel. We feel it 'broadens the mind' even if it is somewhere we've been before - always trying new experiences and interacting with new people (heck, we've driven across the USA 3 times and Canada once). You can see in my signature, we head to WDW often and try very hard to make each trip unique in different ways. We had trips in December (with extended family) and January (as leader of over 100 high school kids plus families) and were planning a summer totally away from the World. We had a vague plan to travel to Europe for a few weeks driving through multiple countries. It was going to be the last big family trip before our daughter goes to college. But we just couldn't afford it - there was just no way to make it work. Since we are DVC and have some family-owned timeshare, we can stay at WDW (or that area) for pretty much nothing more than our expected annual fees and we drive from Maryland, so transportation is pretty cheap. Airfare and hotels around Europe was cost prohibitive. Our daughter already has a senior Disney trip planned with friends for next summer and we were possibly doing a couple trip as well, so buying an AP for late this summer through early next summer is also an expense that we expected (although we didn't expect it until next year). Thus, some time in late January, we decided that we would do some smaller trips (including college visits) around the country and then spend a week at WDW.

Sadly, the smaller trips are pretty much all gone due to the current health crisis. But our WDW trip is not until mid-July, so it might still be happening. Health-wise we are all in pretty good shape. Sure, we've got the usual little things that tend to happen as you get close to 50, but nothing that makes our immune systems compromised and certainly nothing that puts us in a higher risk group. As a pair of high school teachers, we get exposed to pretty much every bug that shows up in our communities and in general we weather things pretty successfully. Our daughter currently works at the local grocery store which similarly puts her 'in harm's way' on a regular basis. While the concern over the coronavirus is certainly in our minds, we also are used to taking precautions and have very little innate fear of getting sick. We also have no problem wearing masks or taking other preventative measures if we are traveling.

Why would we even consider still heading to WDW? Well, just like everyone, the past couple months have been tough for us (obviously, far less difficult than for many). We have been relearning how to do our jobs, we've had to cancel 11 major shows/performances (we both teach performing arts), and we're facing the prospect of our jobs/roles changing dramatically in a few months. Our daughter has (again, obviously) missed out on a number of usual things for HS Juniors and is quite concerned about the prospect of her Senior year being very altered. The stress and uncertainty of these things makes the idea of ANY kind of escapism very appealing - even if it is limited and changed from our usual expectations.

There's a little background on us and some elements of where we are coming from with this (possible) trip. For the sake of discussion, let's assume that WDW will be relatively fully open by mid-July, but with significant precautionary measures in place. I'll be back soon with some of our thoughts on the trip and what we might or might not be planning and doing if it happens.

LF85

Relaxing and reading by the pool and reminded why Disney is what it is (and why it has such a loyal following). Lifeguard CM who just rotated off duty stayed by the pool playing with a little kid for about 10 minutes. Full break time or continue to create magic for a little one? As a veteran teacher I love seeing this so much!

That is awesome!

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Original Poster
Thank Goodness It's Friday! Well, at least for @MeffysMom, as her class is now done and she can enjoy each day to the fullest with us. Of course, today being the last day of her class we had a pretty chill morning with some time at the pool and just some general relaxing in the room while she got finished up. We headed to Epcot at about 12:45pm and since the drive from SSR is pretty easy, we were in the park at 1pm. Since we hadn't had any lunch, we started off by heading back to World Showcase to visit some of the mini-F&W kiosks. While we took a look at the kiosks between the entry area and Canada, we passed them all by and headed to the Millennium Tent (or whatever it is called now). Which meant some goodies from the Apple kiosk and the Mac and Cheese one as well.
IMG_8534.JPG

The charcuterie was very good and the mac and cheese with herbed Boursin was really good. That frozen drink is the Frozen Apple Pie and tasted pretty much exactly like it should. The beers were a double IPA and a 'mule' beer (lots of ginger) and both were good as well. Next stop was a quick walk through of the Rose and Crown (since you have to be getting food to snag a table there) to say hi to some of the staff. We've gotten to know quite a few of them over the years and while Carl wasn't presiding (Fridays are hit and miss if he will be working), it was good to see and chat with Holly and Gavin for a quick minute. Took our beer over to the sitting area behind the Fish and Chips shop which is a 'relaxation' spot and we were the only people in it, so off with the masks and time for a few pictures! For those who are fans of Stranger Things, our daughter was channeling her inner Eleven today (season 3, after she shops at the mall).
IMG_8552.JPG

IMG_8560.JPG

We continue to walk around world showcase and stopped off in France for the Onion and Goat Cheese Tart (no picture, sorry) and the Brioche cake with pastry creme and raspberry coulis.
IMG_8577.JPG

And a drive-by from Elsa and Anna.
IMG_8611.JPG
IMG_8572.JPG

Our daughter also got the Brie,Apple,Cranberry sandwich from the Boulangerie which is her all time favorite Disney food, I think. Us grown ups grabbed the pork belly with black beans from the Brazil stand and we relaxed and ate those things in the small seating area between France and Morocco (sorry, forgot to get those pictured, either). Our walk through World Showcase then carried us toward the US where we enjoyed a brief concert from the Mariachi Cobre group. We do enjoy mariachi music quite a bit (it was @MeffysMom's grandfather's favorite) and they really are quite excellent.
IMG_8580.JPG

Continuing our travels we simply walked through Italy and Germany without much fanfare and then took a break from the heat and humidity to watch one of my favorite of the World Showcase films, Reflections of China. I'm both excited and worried about the supposed new China film that is on its way... As we passed Norway, we considered riding Frozen, but the line was about half an hour - but with social distancing, that meant it wrapped out of the pavilion and all the way around the Akershus building so we vetoed that one. We did wander into Mexico to go on a short boat ride with Donald, Panchito, and Jose. Oh, and to pick up a margarita as well. I don't think we've ever been in there when there hasn't been a line to get into Cava de Tequila, but we just had a quick minute to wait. Evidently today was their first day back open and we chatted with both the bartender and the manager for a few minutes while we got the Black Magic margarita - very good!

As we got back to the front of World Showcase, we got to see two additional 'parades' go by. First the princesses who were displaced from Akershus and are living out of their car.
IMG_8585.JPG

And then 4/5 of the Fab 5 (Goofy not pictured here).
IMG_8597.JPG
IMG_8604.JPG

It was getting toward 5pm as we finished our circuit of World Showcase and we wanted to at least go on a few of the rides before we headed out, so we did Journey Into Imagination (still a pretty big let down... but the song is good), Soarin', and Living With The Land before heading over to Mouse Gear for a quick walk-through/shop and finally Spaceship Earth. None of those had really any of a wait except at Soarin' waiting for the next theater to load, so we were pretty much done and heading out at 6pm. Again, no real lines all day long. The two attractions that seemed to have some lines - Frozen and Test Track - were the two that we decided not to do anyway today (and by the time we were near it, Test Track was down for impending storms).

Back at the room, we just had some of our leftovers from House of Blues for dinner and then @MeffysMom relaxed for a bit alone in the room while our daughter and I went to the main pool at SSR for a little swim. Since the storms had just finished going through and the resort is maybe half full right now, we were the only people in the pool and were outnumbered by the lifeguards for a good half an hour before a couple other families arrived. Funny to note that the Paddock Pool was much more crowded tonight with at least 6 families, but I think the Paddock area is far more booked up than anywhere else here.

And now, back in the room with a glass of wine (in a glass, no plastic this time) and about to head to sleep pretty soon. Tomorrow we are getting up for a morning at Animal Kingdom (feels weird to already be on our third day there, but as you know we are trying to avoid the busiest stuff at the busiest times) with lunch at Yak and Yeti and then a relaxing afternoon and getting packed to migrate over to Old Key West.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning Saturday! Wondering how crowds might be different now that we are in the weekend. So far, we've had two evenings at Animal Kingdom, a morning and evening at Magic Kingdom, and an afternoon at Epcot and haven't had to wait more than 10 minutes in any line - and really that was just once. Everything else has been walk-on or nearly walk-on. This morning we are headed to Animal Kingdom for about half the day, with lunch at Yak and Yeti, and then back to the room to relax and start the move to Old Key West. I'm taking my nice Nikon SLR this morning to get some good animal shots (hopefully), but those take a little longer for me to get loaded up to get posted. But, regardless, I'm hoping to have some nice animal pictures for you later today! I hope everyone out there has a safe, healthy, and enjoyable Saturday.

RememberWhen

Good morning Saturday! Wondering how crowds might be different now that we are in the weekend. So far, we've had two evenings at Animal Kingdom, a morning and evening at Magic Kingdom, and an afternoon at Epcot and haven't had to wait more than 10 minutes in any line - and really that was just once. Everything else has been walk-on or nearly walk-on. This morning we are headed to Animal Kingdom for about half the day, with lunch at Yak and Yeti, and then back to the room to relax and start the move to Old Key West. I'm taking my nice Nikon SLR this morning to get some good animal shots (hopefully), but those take a little longer for me to get loaded up to get posted. But, regardless, I'm hoping to have some nice animal pictures for you later today! I hope everyone out there has a safe, healthy, and enjoyable Saturday.
Have a great day! Wait times don’t look too bad.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Original Poster
Well, I hope that everyone has been enjoying their Saturday. Our morning went fine at Animal Kingdom. We arrived right at opening and headed straight back to Everest - the girls had a goal to try to go on it as many times in a row as possible. But then... it was down. In fact, if you were watching wait times yesterday, it was down for almost the entire day and then still down this morning. We think it started running again some time right around 1pm, but at that point we were having our lunch and after lunch - well, more on that when we get there.

With Everest down, we decided to do Kali first thing. And, in fact, we were 100% first thing. First people to ride. And then after we finished, we were also the second people to ride - never got off the boat. After our second ride, they told us that someone else had shown up and we figured that meant the CMs now had something to do, so we moved on! But it was fun having our own raft and riding through twice.
IMG_7468.JPG

IMG_7469.JPG

IMG_7470.JPG

And for once (well, technically twice) none of us got particularly wet! Next up was a ride on the Safari followed by a walk through the Gorilla Falls area - pictures to follow in another post. The early safari is usually good because the cats tend to be awake, although not much in the way of giraffe or zebra activity. And this was certainly the case. Never seen so many cheetahs up and about and a pair of the elephants were having a bit of a wrestling match! When we got off the safari, we stopped at the backside gorilla area (right by the last safari vehicle unload area) and got to watch two of the gorillas enjoying a snack. We decided to enjoy some more of the gorillas and walked through Gorilla Falls - also got to watch the young Colobus Monkey playing a bit. The gorillas really didn't disappoint today as they were all out and about and eating. At this point, it was time to catch the train back to Conservation Station. They are REALLY distancing on that train - 3 parties per train car. Once back at Rafiki's, we did the Animation class and drew Turk from the Tarzan movie (10am class). The girls decided they wanted to do another drawing, so they went right back in while I decided to do another safari and get some more pictures. This time it was all about the zebras and giraffes! We met back up at about 11:40am and headed toward the Maharajah Trek to try to see the tigers, but decided first to check out the bird show - currently minus Up characters, which was nice. It was fun to see the show without the usual forced storyline, granted it was still pretty hokey, but definitely enjoyable.
DSC_0105.JPG

DSC_0110.JPG

DSC_0112.JPG

Definitely will be going through all these pictures in a little more detail at some point and maybe doing a little editing, too! After the show, we did head back to the Maharajah and, while only one tiger was out and she was just sitting behind a tree, the Komodo dragon was out sunning himself and the birds were all very active (helps that almost nobody was in the aviary besides us).
DSC_0113.JPG

DSC_0115.JPG

Once finished our trek, it was over to Yak and Yeti for lunch. We were a bit early (it was 12:30 and our ADR was 1pm) so we had a little bit of a wait in the lobby area, but once in we really enjoyed our lunch. Here's the drinks!
IMG_7487.jpg

And, if you are interested in such things, the Ahi Tuna Nachos were pretty awesome - a bit of wasabi heat, but not too much. Really delicious! Right as we finished eating, the heavens had opened up outside. We were already planning to come back to the room and it looked on radar like the rain wasn't going to let up any time soon, so we just headed out. Got totally soaked and, of course, the rain stopped as soon as we got to the car! Well, it's almost 4pm now and we are packing things up to move over to Old Key West. The rest of today is just going to be rest and relaxation and moving, so after the next post full of safari and bird pictures, I'll see you tomorrow!

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Original Poster
Safari and Gorilla Falls pictures, part 1. In no particular order and not edited at all (yet).
DSC_0005.JPG

Black rhino getting a drink.
DSC_0016.JPG

Elephants doing a little trunk wrestling.
DSC_0017.JPG

Baby flamingos!
DSC_0028.JPG

Lioness relaxing.
DSC_0033.JPG

Lion surveying his surroundings.
DSC_0035.JPG

Warthog.
DSC_0040.JPG

Gorilla eating in the river.
DSC_0050.JPG

Pensive gorilla.

Loco_driver

everyone can rest easy knowing that even with seats blocked off and multiple announcements about which rows to use and where to sit, people still failed to move all the way across the rows and plopped down right in the middle making other groups walk around them to get to open seating.
Thank goodness! I was worried that people would become less selfish with all that’s going on in the world! Enjoying your report!

slipperalwaysfits

Your photos of the Animals are wonderful! Just catching up on the last two days of your TR!

Thank Goodness It's Friday! Well, at least for @MeffysMom, as her class is now done and she can enjoy each day to the fullest with us.

SO HAPPY for @MeffysMom ! It's always a relief to be done with a project or a class, especially when you're in Disney and you can now really enjoy it!!

Brioche cake with pastry creme and raspberry coulis.

Looks delicious!

By the way, Spaceship Earth doesn't really do well with facial recognition with masks - that's the background that you can see through the bottom halves of our faces.

This is a funny thing about our current circumstances. At least it's good for a laugh!

With Everest down, we decided to do Kali first thing. And, in fact, we were 100% first thing. First people to ride. And then after we finished, we were also the second people to ride - never got off the boat.

Sorry for the girls and their record-breaking that the ride was down! Glad you got to go on Kali twice and surprised you didn't get very wet this time of year!

Gorilla eating in the river.

Majestic!

You all are covering a lot of ground and fitting in a ton of stuff! :) Glad you're enjoying your trip and you decided to Disney after all!

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
Caught all up and loving your report! In a way, it's nice that you get built-in rest and relaxation time, but still get to enjoy as many or more rides in a shorter amount of time because of the lack of crowds! Thank you for letting us know how it is going there at WDW until we can get back again :)

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Original Poster
Well, Sunday is in the books. Another very enjoyable day and surprisingly low crowd level at Epcot. But that's already getting ahead of myself. Let's start with the morning!

Up as early as ever, but just hung out for a few hours at our new room in Old Key West, actually getting some work done for the curriculum that I'm helping to write this summer. Once we got around 9:30am, we kicked things into gear to head over to Disney Springs for some shopping before our brunch at Raglan Road. @MeffysMom got herself one of the 50s 'retro' style dresses that Disney has been putting out for the past couple years - she will be wearing it later this week, so I expect you will see a picture of it! We do enjoy Raglan Road quite a bit and today was no exception. Great beers.
IMG_8625.jpg

Great food.
IMG_8628.JPG

IMG_8629.JPG

And amazing entertainment. Kinda want to kidnap the Boyle Brothers and take them back to Maryland with us to help me teach Irish ethnic music!
IMG_8631.JPG

After brunch, we headed back to our room for some down time in the afternoon and a little pool time for @MeffysMom. At about 3:30pm we headed out to Epcot. We fully expected it to be quite crowded with Food and Wine and weekend crowds and thus all we really hoped to do was get some pictures, ride a couple rides and maybe grab some food and get out before the evening really got carried away. Much to our surprise, it wasn't bad at all. We got in and headed back to the rest area near UK. Why? To get pictures. As you might recall, this trip was supposed to include Senior pictures for our daughter, but now the whole Disney photographer thing isn't happening, so I grabbed the Nikon and both lenses and took about 100 pictures out by the lagoon. Not going to share those as they will be going through the full editing procedure, but definitely got a couple that might be good - we will be doing the same at MK later this week.

Once the pictures were done, we headed back into Future World and rode Test Track - stopping for the orange creamsicle milkshake on the way (awesome!). The wait had been 20 minutes on the app right up until we got to the line when it suddenly went up to 45 minutes. What??? Soon as we were in the building, we realized why as the announcement starting coming on that they were cleaning the vehicles, which I guess does happen every couple hours. The wait actually ended up being about 35 minutes, but thankfully it was relaxing in air conditioning, which was most welcome. After Test Track, the girls went to do Mission:Space orange while I went over to Odyssey and waited for them (and went through some of the pictures from earlier to weed out the ones with real issues - closed eyes, hair in face, etc). It was around 6pm at this point, so we started to grab some food. Sadly, I don't really have food pics from World Showcase, but you can always go to some other pages/websites to see very nice pictures! And I do just have some nice pics from World Showcase!
DSC_0209 (1).jpg

We stopped at the Mexico booth and picked up the pork tostada and the Tulum ale (we visited Tulum many years ago) and enjoyed those pretty quickly. Next was a stop in China for the Mongolian Beef Bao Bun which was very good. And then the 'usual' for our daughter in Germany - a huge pretzel. Us grown ups got some Margherita Flat Bread (aka cheese pizza) and the cannoli at the Italy booth and then we wandered over to the US for a beer and the American Dream (frozen drink float) for our daughter. While we sat and enjoyed things outside the new Smokehouse, we heard the next concert about to start up in the theatre, so we headed right over. The other day you heard about how much we enjoy Mariachi, well this time it was the Jammitors. Over the years, I've struck up conversations with quite a few of the guys who do the Jammitors as many of them are former music teachers or ex-DCI drummers. Always a great show and they definitely seemed to relish the fact that they were on a stage and had great sound!
DSC_0218 (1).jpg

Continuing our clockwise trip around the lagoon, we stopped in France to watch Impressions de France. Always really enjoy that and... for once, all three of us managed to stay awake for the whole film! At this point, we were feeling pretty done and it was getting past 8pm, so we started to make our way to the front. We stopped off at a couple of the little shops to pick up some gifts for friends and then were almost out when we decided to take a quick ride with Nemo! Why not? As with everything today, except Test Track, absolutely no wait at all. And after riding with Nemo, we chatted a bit with the CM who was with the manatees and watched them sleep. We left the park right at 9pm (closing time) and are now going to sleep! Hope you had a good weekend and are all staying safe and healthy.
DSC_0220 (1).jpg

slipperalwaysfits

To get pictures. As you might recall, this trip was supposed to include Senior pictures for our daughter, but now the whole Disney photographer thing isn't happening, so I grabbed the Nikon and both lenses and took about 100 pictures out by the lagoon. Not going to share those as they will be going through the full editing procedure, but definitely got a couple that might be good - we will be doing the same at MK later this week
Wow! What a great idea, to get senior pictures at WDW, such a special place! I'm sure the pics will be absolutely lovely!

And then the 'usual' for our daughter in Germany - a huge pretzel.

But does it come with the plastic cheese?

we stopped in France to watch Impressions de France. Always really enjoy that and... for once, all three of us managed to stay awake for the whole film!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!! :geek: :geek: :geek: My hubs and I have yet to achieve that but it is a LOFTY goal for our family! Glad your TT wait wasn't too long, must have been really interesting to chat with!

Also, your brunch looks absolutely devine and my hubs and I just may have to put it on our list for the fall!

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Original Poster
Wow! What a great idea, to get senior pictures at WDW, such a special place! I'm sure the pics will be absolutely lovely!

But does it come with the plastic cheese?

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!! :geek: :geek: :geek: My hubs and I have yet to achieve that but it is a LOFTY goal for our family! Glad your TT wait wasn't too long, must have been really interesting to chat with!

Also, your brunch looks absolutely devine and my hubs and I just may have to put it on our list for the fall!

In order... really wish they re-opened the photo sessions, but I understand why they have not. Last time we talked to them on the phone, they said they would be restarting photo sessions in August, but now I'm not so sure that will be happening. We had two 20-minute sessions in Magic Kingdom booked, but now we will likely get our own 'sessions' in Epcot, Magic Kingdom, and maybe Animal Kingdom. It's just a matter of whether our daughter is willing to get dressed nice and do her makeup those mornings!

Sadly, no plastic cheese in Germany. I think I'm thankful for that! My arteries are still in recovery from the MK morning.

The chat in The Living Seas was excellent. The CM who was there with the manatees had formerly been at Animal Kingdom, so we were talking about the baby (now grown) tigers and the one year old gorilla with her as well. Very cool ending to the day.

We absolutely love Raglan Road. Will gladly go there just about any time for any meal. The scallop 'forest' and the steak sandwich are on the regular menu so you can get them any time. The hash that I had is a brunch thing. The dancers there are always top notch and when we are lucky enough to see one of the live bands we are even more happy (well, at least this musician is!!).

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Original Poster
Midday Monday and we are back in the room getting a little down time between our morning and evening at Hollywood Studios. This was our first trip into the much maligned Hollywood Studios. For those who haven't followed some of the other threads, there have been many reports of crowd/mask/distance issues at DHS since it reopened, so we were a little wary of today. I'm here to report that we had no such issues... thankfully!

We arrived via car at about 9:15am, but they did not open the parking lot until right at 9:30am - we had been told that the lots would open at the same time as the gates (but not the attractions) and that was accurate. Soon as we were parked (about 2/3 of the way down the second row) we headed right in and got in line for...
IMG_8745.JPG

When we got the back of the queue, they were showing the wait as 45 minutes. That was at 9:40am (for 10am opening). The CM who was guiding people to the end of the line did mention at one point that the markers on the ground would be our new best friend, so I figured I would share a picture of my BFF.
IMG_0719.JPG

We entered the building itself at 9:58am, at which point they were showing a 75 minute wait. Sadly, they were not doing the pre-show (which we are still hoping to see at some point) so we found ourselves getting onto the train at 10:10am. During the entire time in line, I was watching for mask/distance/etc issues and I'm happy to report that for the 30 minutes we were in line we didn't see a single distancing issue and only saw one person (elderly woman on the phone) with their mask not in the right position. Which was very nice.
IMG_8748.JPG

From the very start, I was quite impressed with the ride. I'm not a big thrill ride person and am much happier with a well themed and entertaining ride that maybe has a little bit of thrill to it. Well, this one might now be my favorite ride at WDW. The effects are really impressive and at one point quite amazing. The level of thrill is pretty low, but there is a little bit of excitement there. Overall a great experience.
IMG_8762.JPG

Since we were now in the Mickey mood, we decided to stop off at the theatre where they are showing the MIckey's Vacation Time cartoon (used to be the Path of the Jedi film...and before that Sounds Dangerous, right?). It was fun and a good diversion while we were waiting for other things. Did I forget to mention that we had gotten Boarding Group #15 for Rise of the Resistance at 10am? Oops, sorry about that. It was about 10:45am at this point and while the original visual queue notice had said a 45 minute wait, it was still showing a 30 minute wait at 10:45am. We decided to go ahead and start our Star Wars experience and headed to Star Tours. Much to my surprise, we got the entire Ep 1 treatment after the initial escape from the hanger with the Millennium Falcon (pod race, Yoda, Naboo). With still 30 minutes wait for our BG, off to MuppetVision 3D we went. Still one of my favorite attraction of any kind, anywhere. Such great humor and creativity. Hard to believe it is one of the oldest attractions in DHS (Indy is the only older thing in DHS) and still can entertain me at a high level. I know that some out there are not big Muppet fans, but the irreverent humor and over the top 3D effect jokes are just great (IMHO).

It was about 11:20am and it looked like Rise might be down again, so we grabbed a couple sodas in Galaxy's Edge and found a spot to relax and enjoy them. At about 11:40am, our BG got called and away we went. Through the queue, no issues with masks or spacing, and into the first pre-show room with Rey. And when the doors opened to board our transport, there was still another group waiting to board. So we stayed in the briefing room and got to see the Rey hologram a second time. Then we boarded our transport and were a bit surprised by an extended time in there. There was extensive dialog between Nien Numb and Lt. Bek about making sure every aspect of the ship was ready and then some rechecking of things. Finally, we launched and then (of course) got captured by the First Order. Only to unload into the main hangar bay, somewhat full of people. Each of the parties in the transport was taken out one at a time and put into very specific spots. Each group was in a 6ft bubble of space and everyone held onto those spots very well.
IMG_0721.JPG

We were in the main hangar for about 25 minutes before things started to move again. Which meant some good time to take a few pictures.
IMG_8787.JPG

In the holding cell, we also got a little bit of extended video with the stormtrooper on screen much longer than usual changing his stance a few times before General Hux arrived. Once on the ride, as mentioned elsewhere, it is one party per vehicle.
IMG_8788.JPG

This was either our fourth or fifth time riding this attraction, but the first time we have gotten the 'side view' of the AT-AT room, so we were very glad about that!
IMG_8792.JPG

In the end, of course, we were saved and ended up back on Batuu with Lt. Bek there too. Our lunch ADR at 50's Prime Time was for 12:55pm and we were pretty darn close to that time, so we headed that way pretty quickly to get some lunch. Online 'check-in' for the table worked fine and we were seated just before 1pm. Enjoyed our lunch there, as always, and had some leftovers which will serve us well later this week! And, just one drink at lunch to share.
IMG_8796.JPG

After lunch, we were heading back to OKW for some down time, but at lunch we had some issues with paying with our MagicBands (it claimed that our PIN wasn't active, even though we have been using them for a week) so we decided to go to the main lobby at OKW to get things worked out. In the end, they had to check us out and back in and basically restart our bands, but now everything seems to be working fine. But just to check, we stopped by the Gurgling Suitcase to try to pay for something. :)

IMG_8800.JPG

Now, resting a bit and heading back to Studios in an hour or so. Glad that the crowd/distance/mask issues that others have experienced were not so bad for us and hoping that continues tonight.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom