We'll be driving for this trip, so we'll have our car...

chipndale76

Original Poster
This year since we booked our trip 38 days out , we are driving. I know we park for free at our hotel, is it free to park at the resorts/transportation center. I was thinking if we drive it would save time waiting on the bus transportation. Thanks!!!

37 days to go!!!

rt06

I've done bus only trips. Much prefer driving. Driving on property is very convenient, especially when you have resort ADRs. I also prefer parking at Boardwalk when visiting EP.

I drove to MK rope drop and took the bus back to the resort midday to recharge. Had to wait almost an hour.

Roakor

I have done both buss and drove myself. I much prefer to drive over the buses. Especially if you stay at the economy hotels. I have heard the more expensive hotels have better bus service but have never stayed at one so I can't say for sure.

Phonedave

I for one don't mind the buses - if it is really late, and I am really tired, and the bus line is very long, then I drop the $10 $12 for a cab.

It also lets me drink at F&W. Not that I get hammered, but technically two drinks in under in hour can put you over the limit.

-dave

Goofyernmost

If you are staying at a Disney property, then yes, parking at the parks is included. We drove last year and took our car to every park except Magic Kingdom. It's such a hassle to park your car and then you still have to take either the monorail or boat over to MK. We just used Disney transportation on MK days. Much easier.
One persons hassle is another persons joy. I always drive whether on or off site and since most of my trips have been offsite, MK entrance is all part of the experience for me. I tried once, when onsite, taking the bus to MK and I honest to god, felt like there was a hole in my day. I missed the tram ride and then the ferry or monorail to MK. It built up the anticipation and was a pleasant trip at any rate. The choice is yours alone. Me? I wouldn't miss the enjoyment I get out of the trip to MK via TTC.

As for DTD, I don't intend to go there until the construction is done unless I am onsite (which I won't be). I tried on my visit last January and will never attempt that again. My request to Disney... give me a call when you are done with the project and I will pay it a visit.

StarWarsGirl

Yes, parking is free. We usually op to use Disney transportation except for AK, waterparks, or DTD. Just makes it easier I think, especially if you are park hopping. Driving to MK is also a headache

DABIGCHEEZ

We always drive down so we always have the car... and we drive everywhere. Wife will sometimes use buses if she wants to go back to hotel in afternoon.

I personally have not stepped foot on a WDW bus in years and prefer it that way. Saves a ton of time!

Drive your car everywhere... it is free parking anywhere on property and you can thank me later!

Last edited:

WDWVolFan

We drive and we just use the buses...it was not bad last time at all.

We drove in, checked in then got the bus to DTD for dinner...I have to admit that was chaotic but the whole place was so driving would have been just as bad.
In a week, we just drove once to Target to buy food for breakfast in the room and once to go to the Poly for dinner.

Next year will be similar, except that we'll stay an extra day and drive to Uni for the day.

harveyt0206

One persons hassle is another persons joy. I always drive whether on or off site and since most of my trips have been offsite, MK entrance is all part of the experience for me. I tried once, when onsite, taking the bus to MK and I honest to god, felt like there was a hole in my day. I missed the tram ride and then the ferry or monorail to MK. It built up the anticipation and was a pleasant trip at any rate. The choice is yours alone. Me? I wouldn't miss the enjoyment I get out of the trip to MK via TTC.

As for DTD, I don't intend to go there until the construction is done unless I am onsite (which I won't be). I tried on my visit last January and will never attempt that again. My request to Disney... give me a call when you are done with the project and I will pay it a visit.

That's a very valid point. Going over to MK via the transportation center probably doesn't bother me near as much in the morning as it does with the end of the night mass exodus. Everyone is in a good mood heading over in the morning. Not so much so after a long day in the park. And let me just add that the view of the castle and train station from the ferry boat landing - especially at night - is out of this world gorgeous. So at there is that to look forward to if you do go through the TTC. And we skipped DTD completely this trip because of the construction nightmare. Been here 7 days so far and have had no desire what so ever to try and deal with the mess that is down there right now.

Daniel Johnson

When we stay onsite we bus everywhere. I am the only one who drives on our trips to Orlando, since my car is stick and my wife has no want to learn to drive it.
When we stayed at PO it was great getting on the bus and not having to drive. It was a lifesaver the third day when I was dead on my feet from being at Epcot all day...I slept the whole bus ride back to the room. The boat ride tip to downtown disney is also a good one...it was relaxing, and beautiful to pull up to the dock with the sunset behind the ballon ride.
When we stayed at all-star sports last year and had two ambulatory grandmothers with us, it was great to have the buses. it seemed to take forever to get anywhere. But, the amount of time and patience the drivers showed, it was worth it.

SAV

This past June I needed to get to DHS before rope drop so my son could do the Jedi Training Academy. The Wife and daughter weren't ready to go that early, so I drove with him and when they were ready, they took the bus. I asked my wife how it went and she said she would rather not do that again. They got lucky that when they went out to the bus stop, the DHS bus was just pulling up so they didn't have to wait but that didn't really change her mind about it.

I like having the option available, but will only use it when absolutely needed.

Goofyernmost

That's a very valid point. Going over to MK via the transportation center probably doesn't bother me near as much in the morning as it does with the end of the night mass exodus. Everyone is in a good mood heading over in the morning. Not so much so after a long day in the park. And let me just add that the view of the castle and train station from the ferry boat landing - especially at night - is out of this world gorgeous. So at there is that to look forward to if you do go through the TTC. And we skipped DTD completely this trip because of the construction nightmare. Been here 7 days so far and have had no desire what so ever to try and deal with the mess that is down there right now.
It is a pretty sight coming back from MK at night. I sometimes plan it to be during the fireworks. From a distance and with the reflection on the lagoon it is spectacular. It also is fast, the crowds don't get there until after the fireworks.

By then, however, my feet are on fire so the walk does kind of bother me, but then I remember that standing there in a sweaty group of people waiting for a bus doesn't put that fire out at all.

micknminnie

We drive every year. It's so much easier with the 4 anxious kids and a stroller to just get into our car and go. Once in a while we may use the bus to take a break but wee usually drive. It's more convenient.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom