Welcome to the all-new WDWMAGIC

Jahona

It looks wonderful! I have to agree that it is pretty bright & hard on the eyes.

But I love how the website looks on my android, so much easier to use!

And it even seems faster on my desktop.
Click on 2015 on the bottom left and select dimmed. Should help with the brightness overall.
Screen Shot 2015-06-25 at 9.39.48 AM.jpg

Zweiland

This isn't so much a comment on the new site, but more that I'm finally mentioning something that has bugged me for a while and has not changed on the new site.

I have wished for some time that the mobile site would include a "Go to first unread" button with the page number buttons at the top (and bottom) of each thread. This is present on the desktop version (old and new), but not on the mobile version (old or new).

If I have been keeping up with a thread this is not a problem because the site automatically sends me to the first unread post. But if I have not been to that thread for some longish space of time (finally some new aerial photos, resurrection thread bump, I decided to care about it again, whatever) then the site apparently assumes I need to start over and sends me to page 1. On the desktop site I just hit "Go to First Unread" and I am there. But I never see that button on my mobile device so it is a pain to find out what I have read and what I haven't.

In case it is a platform thing my mobile device is a 4th gen iPod touch running Safari under iOS 5.
Turn your phone sideways to see it.

Zweiland

This is a great update! My one complaint is that when I zoom in on stuff on my phone (for example, to see a picture in greater detail) the navigation bar gets bigger and blocks my view of part of what I'm trying to see.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
Slight issue: with the mobile version of the forums on an iPhone 6 Plus, the "jump to top" button is appearing about an inch up from the bottom, rather than the very bottom.

MissM

Click on 2015 on the bottom left and select dimmed. Should help with the brightness overall.
View attachment 98385
Thanks for this. Didn't know where to find something less stark white. Though the "dimmed" is a bit clunky in color (it's just so beige) at least it's not so stark. I was one of the people who loved the light blue scheme before because white is hard on me due to light sensitivity issues and migraines.

My only other minor complaint is I really hate when sites have HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE tracts of empty space on either side of the main content. I get it's for mobile optimization but on my desktop it just means I'm only using 50% of my screen. :(

67GHGDCCdNPm0QuTU10K8153BvwXzeP2jjoW5lBZFZVp=w1909-h1113-no

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Thanks for this. Didn't know where to find something less stark white. Though the "dimmed" is a bit clunky in color (it's just so beige) at least it's not so stark. I was one of the people who loved the light blue scheme before because white is hard on me due to light sensitivity issues and migraines.

My only other minor complaint is I really hate when sites have HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE tracts of empty space on either side of the main content. I get it's for mobile optimization but on my desktop it just means I'm only using 50% of my screen. :(

67GHGDCCdNPm0QuTU10K8153BvwXzeP2jjoW5lBZFZVp=w1909-h1113-no
Something a bit strange going on there, we do use all of the width. Do you happen to know the resolution of your screen?

Jahona

Try it on a 27 inch @ 2560x1440. You now have oceans on either side. I usually run my browser in a square just to compensate for websites.

MissM

Something a bit strange going on there, we do use all of the width. Do you happen to know the resolution of your screen?
Uh...the native resolution is 1920x1200

(That is odd if it's supposed to be 100% width. Because mine really really isn't.)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I have the same thing going on, but it does not bother me all that much.

I am using a Dell 23" 16x9 aspect ratio monitor running at a 1920x1080 resolution.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom