Welcome to Target Disney World....

Jerm

Original Poster
So when I was in the parks in May I stopped dead in my tracks while walking through Mickey's Star Trader when I saw THIS
757335862_64a86473cb.jpg

now really!!! Is it that hard to read the little tag and see that this hat is 12.95 or what ever!? I was floored that Disney has become Target!

But then I saw this in Epcot and made it all better
757308218_fcbc27556a.jpg

But it made me really want to go make water float out of the basin so I went and did it
756410153_a2fd4c15c6.jpg

see
757266866_ff969d4e29.jpg

A bit of sillyness to go along with the Disney sillyness of wanting to be Target.....

J

Captain Hank

I saw that price check thingy in Star Traders earlier this summer...June-ish, I think. Then, it went away for a while. Looks like it's back. I can't say that I'm a fan of it. It looks really tacky, in my opinion.

Figment82

See, you guys think people can handle looking at the tag and reading the price themselves - but oh, you'd be surprised... :rolleyes:

Rammstein

I think it's a good thing.

Alot of the time you'll get guests that won't be able to read the price as it will be too small for them due to their eye sight. This way they'll be able to find out.

DisneyMusician2

If it is still there, it must be because people have made comments and like it or requested it.

You would think people could find prices, but I am constantly surprised at what I see from people in the World...

Bug715

I really like that. I don't know how many times I'm at the register ringing up a guest and some one pushes up to find out the price of something or if it's on sale.

crassmonkey

To everyone that is assuming these scanners are for people too stupid to see a price tag:

Sometimes there aren't price tags on things!! They can fall off, be marked incorrectly, etc.

Everytime I'm in Target, I find some item that has no price tag, and what do I do? check them on the scanner (wierd I know!)

Why is it tacky to have that in a RETAIL store?? If they were stuck to the outside of SSE, I would think it was tacky, but it's a store people, get over it!

Nemo14

To everyone that is assuming these scanners are for people too stupid to see a price tag:

Sometimes there aren't price tags on things!! They can fall off, be marked incorrectly, etc.

Everytime I'm in Target, I find some item that has no price tag, and what do I do? check them on the scanner (wierd I know!)

Why is it tacky to have that in a RETAIL store?? If they were stuck to the outside of SSE, I would think it was tacky, but it's a store people, get over it!
I must say that I agree with you, but I'm sure there are a lot of people who don't read the tags. I personally don't find those things any tackier than the fact that every time I exit a ride I have to walk through a gift shop!

WDWRLD

Actually I think most places that use the bar code scanner system used it because it requires that the product only be placed on the shelf and that no one has to put a sticker or tag on something because its done at the factory. Also if they decide to change a price all they have to do is change it in the system and not on each tag. I really like that Disney still puts prices on each item right down to the mickey antenna toppers. In todays world its rare to not have to look on the shelf to see how much something is. I would guarantee that there is a suit wearing numbers cruncher somewhere in Florida that figures that this will save a few pennies.

Captain Hank

I think I have two minor issues with the price scanner (as to why I think them tacky). First of all, it cuts down on Guest interaction. As annoying as it was to constantly be asked the prices on some things that weren't well marked (and many that were), it was an opportunity to interact with Guests. Also, after a short time, I knew the prices of most of the items in the stores that I worked by heart. Sometimes, a question about a price led to a very interesting conversation with a Guest.

Second of all, I don't believe that Disney merchandising really wants to create a connection with Target or Wal-Mart in Guests' minds while they are shopping. Not to bash either store, but I just don't think that's the image that we're going for.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I think I have two minor issues with the price scanner (as to why I think them tacky). First of all, it cuts down on Guest interaction. As annoying as it was to constantly be asked the prices on some things that weren't well marked (and many that were), it was an opportunity to interact with Guests. Also, after a short time, I knew the prices of most of the items in the stores that I worked by heart. Sometimes, a question about a price led to a very interesting conversation with a Guest.

Second of all, I don't believe that Disney merchandising really wants to create a connection with Target or Wal-Mart in Guests' minds while they are shopping. Not to bash either store, but I just don't think that's the image that we're going for.

While I see your point, I also feel that they will help customer satisfaction in a high volume store by eliminating the wait for getting a cashiers attention at checkout for a simple price check.

If you still want to ask a CM a question feel free to do just that, but now you have an option!

carolina_yankee

I don't see them as tacky or not tacky. I'm one of those that hates to ask a sales rep basic questions like, "How much is this?" if there's any way I can find it for myself. Sometimes price tags fall off, sometimes the shelf marking is confusing - anything that makes life easier for the customer (and CMs, too, in this case) is a good thing in my opinion.

Dirk

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
You all are missing the real reason. Disney is going to quit pricing individual items. When you are interested in an item, you scan it to get the price. Depending on how much that product is in demand, or how many are left in stock, the price will fluxuate.

I dont know if this is true or not, Im just talkin....:ROFLOL:

But it wouldnt suprise me.

ccmuffin2

How about the fact that people cant always read the small text on the tags and are afraid to wait to as a cast member,thru surveys they might of discover this fact and they feel maybe it would be easier for them to read a price on a video screen that displays the price larger..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom