Trip Report Welcome to summer at WDW! Where it's hot hot hot and clothes don't matter

Seriously, the lack of clothing on some people was questionable :cautious::bored:

Hello! I've been back from my short and sweet trip for a few weeks and I am sooo ready to relive it through this TR! This was a nice long weekend trip that went by way too fast! I must apologize in advance for some of my pictures, they are pretty terrible. Most of them are from my iPhone and I was walkin' and snappin' away!

Saturday, July 14 : Arrival day & EPCOT!

I'm a late college attendee (like I dropped out because I was young and dumb and didn't know what I wanted to do. Boy am I paying for that now!). This summer I took 3 classes, one of which is a month long class. Of course, the first test for this month long class opened on 7/14 and closed on 7/15 :(. This meant I had to be up at midnight when my test window opened (I take my classes online). Anyway i'm only including this because it's the reason I only got about an hour of sleep before my alarm clock when off. Oh well!

So around 3 a.m. we headed to the airport. We found parking quickly this time and headed to security...

...to our surprise TSA wasn't even open yet!

Turns out, security at the Memphis airport does not open until 4 a.m.! WHY. WHY WHY WHY. We went and sat down to wait and watched the line grow.

(I promise you, this line looks like nothing but it was huge for Memphis! Plus you can't see all of the people waiting off to the right. It was ridiculous)

Anyway, we finally made it to our gate at 4:30 a.m. for 4:45 a.m. boarding! Once on the plane we had to wait for other people who were still stuck in the security line. Come on Memphis!! Open the line earlier!! Ugh. Our flight was supposed to leave at 5:15, but it was almost 6 when we finally took off.

We've been rewatching The Office on Netflix, so that was our entertainment on the flight.

We landed around 8:30 a.m. and made our way to DME

We walked right onto a bus and 5 minutes later we were on the way to the bubble.

We're here!!!

Dropped our bags off at Bell Services, stopped by the food court for muffins and cokes (we needed our caffeine today), and bought some sunscreen at Maestro Mickey's.

Our destination for the day

We're ready!

Hello, beautiful SSE

Our first stop was Soarin'. It had about a 30 minute wait but it wasn't bad. We passed the time by playing on the new parks app.

Soarin' was great, but I still miss the original.

DisneyMorgan

Original Poster
Glad to hear that I didn’t seem like a weirdo!
Good luck with your new semester of school. I hope your daughter loves first grade! I just moved up to teaching first after 9 years of teaching Kindergarten. First grade is a big adjustment for the kiddos and apparently for the teachers as well, lol!
My daughter called me in tears today. Of course that broke my heart and made me cry, too. She was in full on panic mode with all the new things she has to navigate! We talked for an hour and by the end she sounded more relaxed and like herself again!
Looking forward to hearing about all your DVC adventures!

Thanks! So far so good with first grade! I think they are finished with the kindergarten review, so we shall see how the rest of the year goes!
Oh no :cry::cry: I never moved away for college, but my sister did. I remember her calling my parents in tears too.
I can't wait for DVC adventures! It'll be awhile until our first stay, but I can't wait!

DisneyMorgan

Original Poster
Tuesday, July 17 : Hollywood Studios

HS had EMH today from 7-8am, so our goal was to do everything in Toy Story Land! We had everything packed, took our bags to bell services, and we were waiting for the bus by 6:15am.

We're here! They opened the park a little earlier than 7

Good morning, Toy Story Land!

We hopped in the standby line for Slinky Dog. The queue is sooo cute!

I learned this from watching a vlog and I thought this was a great feature! 11/22/1995 was the day Toy Story was released in theaters

The ride was really fun!! We both loved it! We wanted to ride again, but the wait was now about 45 minutes and we had more ground to cover.

I love the lights!

I spy Star Wars Land! I'm curious how this will look after its completed, especially since it's right next to TSL.

So funny how the Cootie's game is on the girls side :hilarious:

DisneyMorgan

Original Poster
Everyone's favorite popsicle wall!

More fun details

We did every ride in under an hour, so i'd say it was a successful early morning! See ya in a little while, TSL! It's time for breakfast!

We popped into Trolley Car Cafe for some Starbucks

Making our way down Sunset to find a table

Hello ToT!

DisneyMorgan

Original Poster
You can never have enough ToT pics!

Next up, RnRR! IT was fun as always!

I love the lights at the end, so I finally got to take a picture of it

RnRR opened 7/29/1999, so Stitch was rockin' the Happy Birthday button!

See ya later, RnRR! We have a fp+ date with ToT

I guess I only took this picture, so here you go lol

Heading back down Sunset

And one last look at ToT for this trip

DisneyMorgan

Original Poster

Moving on..

We will be back here in a bit for lunch!

I'm sad GMR is gone, but I am looking forward to see this. I love the Mickey cartoons so hopefully the ride will be fun!

And we're back in TSL for our TSM fp+

WOOOOT! I win!

Yay best in vehicle!! Now how in the world do you get 586,100 points?!

DisneyMorgan

Original Poster
We had to take a quick selfie at the popsicle wall

Bye TSL! You were a blast!

Making our way towards Sci-Fi for lunch

We both got burgers and shared a chocolate milkshake. It was good! (I apologize the picture of the burger is so dark!)

We got a fp+ for Frozen, so after lunch we headed there next. We passed these kiddos heading to Jedi training.

We were hoping for Ben, but unfortunately he wasn't performing that day. It was still a great show!

DisneyMorgan

Original Poster
After Frozen, it was time for us to head back to the resort to catch DME. Goodbye HS! You were a blast!!

When we made it back to ASM, Cody went to grab our bags and I ran through Maestro Mickeys for some last minute shopping. I also had to grab a Mickey bar!

Some last minute pics of ASM

Soon we were back at MCO. Our flight was delayed a bit, but we eventually made it home. The flight went by quick thanks to Mario Kart!

Thank you all for taking the time to read my TR! My next trip is coming up quickly in 32 days! My family will be sailing the eastern Caribbean on the Disney Fantasy!! And i'm already planning our first trip home as DVC members in December 2019. :)

LisaBelle

After Frozen, it was time for us to head back to the resort to catch DME. Goodbye HS! You were a blast!!

When we made it back to ASM, Cody went to grab our bags and I ran through Maestro Mickeys for some last minute shopping. I also had to grab a Mickey bar!

Some last minute pics of ASM

Soon we were back at MCO. Our flight was delayed a bit, but we eventually made it home. The flight went by quick thanks to Mario Kart!

Thank you all for taking the time to read my TR! My next trip is coming up quickly in 32 days! My family will be sailing the eastern Caribbean on the Disney Fantasy!! And i'm already planning our first trip home as DVC members in December 2019. :)

Loved your TR! Glad you and Cody had a great time. Looking forward to reading about your cruise on the Fantasy. I’ve never been on a cruise, but hope to some day. I can’t wait to read all about your first trip as DVC members. I’ll be watching for both TRs. In the meantime good luck with school!

TheMouseFan

Thank you for sharing your trip with us! Sounds like you had a great time! I have mixed feelings about your ToT pics. They are awesome and you are right, you can never have too many, but I'm sad that I haven't been able to ride it in over a year and don't know when I will be able to! Can't wait to hear about your cruise!

DisneyMorgan

Original Poster
Loved your TR! Glad you and Cody had a great time. Looking forward to reading about your cruise on the Fantasy. I’ve never been on a cruise, but hope to some day. I can’t wait to read all about your first trip as DVC members. I’ll be watching for both TRs. In the meantime good luck with school!
Thanks Lisa!!!

Thank you for sharing your trip with us! Sounds like you had a great time! I have mixed feelings about your ToT pics. They are awesome and you are right, you can never have too many, but I'm sad that I haven't been able to ride it in over a year and don't know when I will be able to! Can't wait to hear about your cruise!
I thought about you while taking those ToT pics! It was my first time back to HS since 2015, so I had to take a lot of pictures :)
I hope you can get back to WDW soon!!

Great trip report-thanks for sharing!! Have a great time on the cruise!!
Thank you!! I need to catch up on your TR. School, work, and house work have been taking up all of my free time!

Loved all the pics - thanks for bringing me back to WDW :)
Thank you for reading :)

amjt660

Premium Member
Lost track of this one
Glad I found it on page 2!

HEA location looked cool but I will probably hang back a bit when I finally see it

I get the restful sleep and waking up late
I find now that I need one day a week where I go to bed and not set an alarm. I find it a great way to recharge the batteries
Of course I would not usually do it at Disney while on vacation....
Glad you had your meetup in AK

Great report - great pictures

Thanks for sharing!

Max

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom