• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Welcome Bags

FlamingMonkey

Original Poster
What is the best and most efficient way to distribute welcome bags? We're already putting fabulous ones together for our wedding next winter but wanted to get a handle on... you know, giving them out.

a) Have an informal gathering in the hotel lobby the afternoon everyone checks-in (preferably an hour before leaving for the rehearsal dinner)?

b) Sending members of the wedding party on a wild goose chase to coordinate/deliver bags to guests?

c) Tell guests to text our maid of honor when they arrive?

We can't bring them to the rehearsal dinner, they're way too large and there are too many people attending.

If anyone has any other ideas, let me know!

Weather_Lady

Advertisement
I'd have the guests text you their room numbers as they check in, and you and/or a couple of helpers can deliver the bags to them yourself (assuming the guests are all staying in the same hotel). Then if there are a couple you just can't get delivered before the rehearsal dinner, you'll be able to bring them there.

NeedMoreMickey

Just curious - my niece is thinking about a WDW wedding in spring 2020 and her mom is planning a trip down this September to check out the venues. How far in advance did you start planning your wedding with Disney people? And what goes in Welcome Bags? Drove 9 hours for my brother's daughter wedding and all we got were small wine glasses.

Monty

Who opened Pandora's Box?
Premium Member
Ask the Front Desk to give them out as people check in? Or have Disney deliver to their rooms?

I suspect they would charge a fee to do so.

FlamingMonkey

Original Poster
Just curious - my niece is thinking about a WDW wedding in spring 2020 and her mom is planning a trip down this September to check out the venues. How far in advance did you start planning your wedding with Disney people? And what goes in Welcome Bags? Drove 9 hours for my brother's daughter wedding and all we got were small wine glasses.
We officially began planning with a Fairy Tale Weddings sales consultant in late February to secure the dates for a January Escape wedding. We will receive our letter of agreement this week, to sign. And then we will work with the coordinator to have the contract signed by next month.

For wedding bags, it's customary to include essentials guests may have forgotten to bring, like Tylenol/Advil, bandaids (we're putting Mickey ones in) -- there are websites and pinterest posts devoted to lists of recommended items. Some of them are OUT OF CONTROL. Keep it simple with the pharmacy stuff. We're also including some water bottles with custom-labels and I made the bags on Teepublic, with the logo I created for the wedding. And, when we get to Disney a few days before the wedding, we're adding personalized mouse ears for everyone (there is a site on the web that will do them but we're not taking advantage of it), as well as some chocolate covered Mickey pretzels.

And of course, we're also including a little booklet with our itinerary and a note (we're signing each one individually) welcoming everyone to Disney!

NeedMoreMickey

We officially began planning with a Fairy Tale Weddings sales consultant in late February to secure the dates for a January Escape wedding. We will receive our letter of agreement this week, to sign. And then we will work with the coordinator to have the contract signed by next month.

For wedding bags, it's customary to include essentials guests may have forgotten to bring, like Tylenol/Advil, bandaids (we're putting Mickey ones in) -- there are websites and pinterest posts devoted to lists of recommended items. Some of them are OUT OF CONTROL. Keep it simple with the pharmacy stuff. We're also including some water bottles with custom-labels and I made the bags on Teepublic, with the logo I created for the wedding. And, when we get to Disney a few days before the wedding, we're adding personalized mouse ears for everyone (there is a site on the web that will do them but we're not taking advantage of it), as well as some chocolate covered Mickey pretzels.

And of course, we're also including a little booklet with our itinerary and a note (we're signing each one individually) welcoming everyone to Disney!
Thanks this is very helpful. Looking forward to seeing pictures of the wedding.

dreamfinder

Since it sounds like you are working with a Disney planner, ask them for what they can do for you. You can't be the only person to have this situation, so they should have something in place to assist. I know I've had people leave gift bags for me at bell services before. Admittedly I think they only had 5-10 gift bags for the entire property, so that's probably a different scenario than if you roll in with 30 bags for them to hold/deliver, but if you tip accordingly they may be willing to help. But I don't think they will leave anything in the rooms unless the guest is there, so it may be more a drop off at bell services and then the guests would need to claim.