Weirdest thing to happen to you in the parks.

Simba’s Mom

Lots of times on my solo trips, I get mistaken for a CM. Although usually, it's just a "Excuse me, where is...??" and I just answer them. But one time a man came up to me and instantly went into a rant about why he and his family were having a "not so magical" day and he wanted to file a complaint. Another time, I was walking along the Boardwalk and a family stopped me and asked "Is that the Grand Floridian?" as they pointed to the Yacht and Beach Club. So I told them it was the Y&BC and told them where the GF was. As they walked away, I heard them say "Well, I still think THAT's the Grand Floridian!" So why did they ask?

Minnesota disney fan

Lots of times on my solo trips, I get mistaken for a CM. Although usually, it's just a "Excuse me, where is...??" and I just answer them. But one time a man came up to me and instantly went into a rant about why he and his family were having a "not so magical" day and he wanted to file a complaint. Another time, I was walking along the Boardwalk and a family stopped me and asked "Is that the Grand Floridian?" as they pointed to the Yacht and Beach Club. So I told them it was the Y&BC and told them where the GF was. As they walked away, I heard them say "Well, I still think THAT's the Grand Floridian!" So why did they ask?

I have never seen a person that was not a CM that I thought was a CM! Do you dress like the CM's? It is weird that so many think you are a CM.

Sonconato

Weird and I get along pretty well, so I have many stories. My favorite is the time I was in a very long line at Casey's Corner and when it was eventually my turn to take my order, the cashier started going into labor. Not thirty seconds later, a stretcher was out and she was off. I often wonder how everything went with her... Another odd event was when my family and I were leaving MK. Near the bridge before the TTC, a frog was laying on the wall. My husband was looking at it and it jumped off the wall and onto his face, and then off his face to the wall again. It made a slapping sound I will never forget. And lastly...
A bird pooped on my shoulder at Animal Kingdom. Not weird but stuff happens. 😀
How about a tortilla chip? My husband was waiting for us in Frontierland and a Dorito falls out of the sky and onto his head. He looks up and finds a bird on the above canopy wondering if he will get his chip back.

Simba’s Mom

I have never seen a person that was not a CM that I thought was a CM! Do you dress like the CM's? It is weird that so many think you are a CM.

No, I've never dressed like a CM-that I know of, I don't know how CMs dress. And although they used to sell CM-looking pins, I don't have one (I do have a real CM pin, from when DS was a CM, but I don't wear that, either). Maybe a few people just figure if someone's in the park by themselves, they must be a CM since no "normal " person would go to the parks alone. I'm not sure-I've even had several CMs mistake me for another CM.

Goofyernmost

No, I've never dressed like a CM-that I know of, I don't know how CMs dress. And although they used to sell CM-looking pins, I don't have one (I do have a real CM pin, from when DS was a CM, but I don't wear that, either). Maybe a few people just figure if someone's in the park by themselves, they must be a CM since no "normal " person would go to the parks alone. I'm not sure-I've even had several CMs mistake me for another CM.
Hmmmm. Interesting. I have gone to the parks solo for the last 19 years. Never once thought of myself as abnormal, but, no one has ever mistaken me for a CM. Must be body language.

disneyspirit

While sitting at Flame Tree down by the little lily pool, one of those big, white egret jerks take the food off my plate while my wife was sitting at the table (she actually took a picture of it right before it committed the heinous deed). I had stepped away to get some napkins and he just helped himself.

That reminded me of an incident at the Polynesian. We had a baloney overlooking gardens when a young girl walked by on her way to the pool. Just then a big egret stepped out and she screamed, MOMMY!! and ran back. I thought that was funny enough, the bird goes about its business looking for bugs when I see the little girl coming back up the walkway veerry carefully. By this time the bird had walked around to the other side of the landscaping, out of sight. Just as she approached the garden, the bird stuck its head out from the other side like it was waiting there to scare her. She fled, screaming, so I shouldn't laugh but it was comical. I swear that bird did it on purpose.

Le Twins Day

In the Parks
No
several years ago my wife worked in a travel agency here in the Uk. she booked a couple to Orlando on their honeymoon for 12 months later. 11 months later we booked a last minute trip ourselves and during a visit to Epcot we bumped into the honeymooning couple in Japan - they remembered my wife from 12 months earlier

Roakor

We were sitting near carousel of progress waiting for the rest of our group to meet up with us. This was back in sept of 2006 so the park was very slow compared to today. My daughter, who was 6 at the time was eating her popcorn, not really paying attention. She never saw Stich sneaking up behind her and help himself to her popcorn. Its a good thing she really likes Stich :)

Sonconato

That reminded me of an incident at the Polynesian. We had a baloney overlooking gardens when a young girl walked by on her way to the pool. Just then a big egret stepped out and she screamed, MOMMY!! and ran back. I thought that was funny enough, the bird goes about its business looking for bugs when I see the little girl coming back up the walkway veerry carefully. By this time the bird had walked around to the other side of the landscaping, out of sight. Just as she approached the garden, the bird stuck its head out from the other side like it was waiting there to scare her. She fled, screaming, so I shouldn't laugh but it was comical. I swear that bird did it on purpose.

Darkzeid25

I was in Innoventions with my dad on my birthday back in '94. I don't know if this was before they had birthday pins, or if I just didn't have one. As we leave Innoventions a CM walks by and wishes me a happy birthday. Turns out they had been talking to my mom who was waiting outside. But for a moment it seemed like the CM was psychic.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Maybe the bird was after your baloney...?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
No no, the gardens they were in overlooked some baloney. Disney has baloney viewings for midwesterners. Personally I prefer the corned beef overlook they have for New Yorkers at Saratoga Springs.
No, no, no.... they clearly say "they had a baloney (while) overlooking gardens..."

Although I think a corned beef overlook is money left on the table, especially if they'd provide toasted rye bread, russian dressing, and some sauerkraut.

Paper straw fan

No, no, no.... they clearly say "they had a baloney (while) overlooking gardens..."

Although I think a corned beef overlook is money left on the table, especially if they'd provide toasted rye bread, russian dressing, and some sauerkraut.

Now you have me thinking of sandwichy ride names haha...all I’ve got right now is “Mr. Toad’s wild Rye-d”

Another ‘strange thing’ I saw at Universal was this Eastern European family that stopped at some tables and pulled out this bevy of lunch meats and condiments, just w no bread, and nothing was really odd except the combinations they had- bologna slices they were just dipping in BBQ sauce, raw hot dogs dipped in mayo, pickles and ham dipped in mustard...it wasn’t bizarre, just kinda different to me.

Also at a Harry Potter restaurant I watched a grown male who was trying to cut a corn cob in half using a plastic knife. more amusing than strange, but still good for a chuckle.

Last edited:

ndsu84

My son went to Milwaukee around 2004 to do some mission type work. A couple days he spent at a school helping an 8 year old girl with her lessons. 5 years later we went to Disney MK Monsters Inc. show. The camera picked a girl out of the crowd as part of the show. Before they put her name on the screen my son says hey that’s ****! Sure enough, a second later they put her name up and it was her.

redsfan4life

Happens to me as well on solo trips not sure why either

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
What's the weirdest thing to happen to you in the parks? Mine isn't super weird but it was strange when it happened.

So back in September of 2015, we were at MNSSHP and we got into the candy line next to Space Mountain. Well, as most of you know, I dress up as Troy Palomalu, complete with hair fully frizzed out. Well, these two ladies got behind us and within about 3 seconds, I felt the lady behind me actually touch my hair. I'm guessing that she didn't think it was real but I looked at my wife and whispered, "that lady just touched my hair, lol". Not exactly X-Files strange, but it's the only time in my life I've had someone touch my hair without asking first. I wasn't offended, it was just funny.

What a good flashback to a great trip report!

Paper straw fan

So mine was from a college Spring Break trip, probably '99, with friends and my longtime gf at the time. Not in the parks but we were eating on a Monday night at the ESPN WWOS Grill or whatever it was at the time. It's just us and one guy at the bar, who turns out to be a (now former) ESPN on-air personality (I'm leaving him unnamed so don't ask). We recognize him and say hello and he is suddenly our best friend. He invites us over to watch him do a segment at the empty baseball stadium. When that was over he practically begs us to go with him back to another location to do another segment. We politely decline several times, and its getting weird. Turns out he was basically after my gf.

You don’t have to reply, but I am guessing (redacted)

Last edited:

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
This happened at Epcot in the Men's room a few years back. I had broke my neck the year before. The result is a 4 inch scar that starts just below my hairline and extends down my spine. When I tan it tends to stand out. I was standing at the urinal taking care of business, when a guy came up behind me, traced the scar with his finger, and stated "Wow, that must have hurt". I was very surprised and before I could really react he just walked out of the bathroom. I got my revenge a few months later at Disney Springs, again in the restroom (not the same guy). I was using the facilities again and from behind me a voice says "how did you get that huge scar?" I finished and as I was washing my hands I informed him I had broken my neck. He then asks me how. I said do you know that really tall slide at Blizzard Beach? He nodded his head and his eyes got as big as saucers. I've never been on that, I informed him and walked out the door. :) Why do people stalk me in the bathroom????

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom