weirdest disney world experience?

Figaro

It always amazes me that in one week at WDW, I see more instances of child abuse than any other time. I've seen kids screamed at and called nasty names, hit, kicked, spit on, and purposely "abandoned" all by their loving parents!

I'm definately not a perfect parent myself, I've been known to lose it with my son :rolleyes: but this goes over and beyond.

I've also seen some guy purposely going around knocking over the characters. This guy wasn't a teenager either, he had to be in his late 40's.

My weirdest experience would have to be the days immediately following Sept 11. One instance in particular will always stand out in my mind, the moment when I was ready to punch a CM myself! On Sept 12, we went to EPCOT with our 2 year old, trying to make it "normal" for him. We from NY and were still waiting to hear the news about alot of our family and friends. While waiting on line for the Living Seas preshow to open, the CM was talking, in GREAT detail, to the people ahead of us. This insensitive idiot was going on about how "cool" it would have been to be there to see all the bodies falling and what would happen to them on impact. I was in shock that he was going on and on about it in front of little kids and people that he had no idea what there own situation was.

On the brighter side, we saw Michael Jackson walking around in "disguise".....that's always weird! :)

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
I don't know if this is "weird" enough when compared to some posts, but my son and I made a quick stop at Magic Kingdom when they were taping the Christmas parade last year. We saw Regis Philbin and his partner (Kelly?) by the tree as technicians adjusted lighting etc.

After riding a few rides we decided to head to another park, but by now the crowds were building for the parade, so we were rushing down the street. As we tried to find a hole in the crowd, I bumped into and nearly fell on a little guy (I'm not real big myself, but this guy was shorter than me) in a suit with a red tie. I turned red and apologized and tried to find a different path as my son said: "Dad, that's so cool, you almost flattened Regis."

wyattkelly

My strangest WDW experience:

While working back in '97, Tom Hanks and Ron Howard came down to the MGM studios to start construction on sets for the mini-series, "From Earth To the Moon." Anyway, I knew it was being shot, went through the backlot tour where we got to see the Apollo capsules, etc. This was neat, but the best was yet to come!

To those who aren't aware, the apartments that the interned cast members stay at run a shuttle service. It runs about every hour, on a good day. I had a day off, so I was hanging around the Disney MGM studios, riding the rides, people-watching, etc. I glanced at my watch and noticed that the shuttle was due in about ten minutes...and I was on the other side of the park! I took off like a rifle shot, leaping over hedges, running backstage, etc. I did not want to wait another hour, 'cause I was hot, stinky, and hungry.
I'm past the great movie ride, and making good time. I tear into the backlot tour, run through a few places I shouldn't;) , and then come around a corner. There, talking to two men in suits, is Tom Hanks! Yup, the man himself. Sunglasses, a polo shirt, and slacks. All business.
I skid to a halt. "You're Tom Hanks!" I announce.
Mr. Hanks blinks at me. "Yeah? and?"
Thinking of nothing else to say, I blurt out, "You know, you look just like my friend BJ." And with that, I took off again.
I caught the shuttle and confused a celebrity. Life is good.:king:

Testtrack321

My wierdest moment isn't that weird, but it isn't normal either, so what the hell...

It was in the morning in Auguts in MGM in Millionaire in the front seats (enough ins?). There was a tie breaker between two people, a lady and some obnoxious guy. When they showed the results that nobody won, the guy stanted up, randomly, and said "The lights turned off when I was answering!" The MC was a little confused, "I think were going to go and do another tie breaker." So they do it and then they guy wins (big wop). So he then misses the 200 pt question and then the lady he went against came up next. She did well.

The best one was also at MGM in the Backstage Tour durring the Millionaire part. We stood behind the group (the lady was nice) and we watched the show. There waa tie breaker for ever, I mean 7 or 8 of them between these two people. So when this lady wins, she then DECLINES and then the other person goes up! Dear GOD! Couldn't you have done this 5 questions ago!:brick: :hammer: :rolleyes:

disneydiehard

The weirdest thing I ever saw....
more like the weirdest thing I ever did ....
The first time I went to Disney, my boyfriend and I stayed at the Caribean Beach Resort. We had a hell of a time checking in (they kept telling us our room would be ready at a certain time, and every time we went back, the room still was not ready - this went on for over 5 hours - not fun at all) and the very next day (our 2nd day at Disney), the maintenance workers were outside our window mowing the lawn at 5 AM!!! When we tried to call the front desk about it (they were out there for the next 45 minutes), no one would talk to us. We would call and they would answer, put us on hold and never pick back up. We would call back again and again and each time, the same thing happened. The personell were so rude. We went to the main building, tried to talk to a manager and they told us no managers were on duty on weekends. We were LIVID and told them we wanted to talk to someone about the terrible customer service. They said someone would call us back in an hour. That was at about 9 AM. When we finally got to talk to a manager, it was about 5 in the evening. He was so rude and such a jerk (I will never forget his name, such a jerk) and acted like no one had done anything wrong. He wouldn't accomodate our request to move our room, so we went back to our room, called a hotel outside Disney property and booked a room for the rest of our vacation. We walked back down to talk to the manager and told him we wanted a refund and left. That was the weirdest (and worst) experience I have ever had at Disney. I hope to never go through that again. Almost ruined my vacation.

Mr Disney

In the Parks
Yes
Embaressing

This is probably the most embaressing moment in my entire life.

My family (Mom, Dad, Me, Sister) were leaving our car to go board the tram in MGM early in the morning. We boarded the tram and my parents were repeating, "Film, ok Trey? We're parked in film. Can you remember that? FILM!" My sister was still learning her words so she would bust out every once in a while, "Film! Film!" I was about to explode! I sat there and took deep breaths. After we finally arrived at the entrance, We ran in line to buy tickets. (Buying tickets at the entrance is an old family tradition.) We sat there in line (and sat there and sat there.) I walked with my dad over to a aquamarine colored wrought iron fence. I was a little tired so a relaxed and stuck my knee caps through the fence. After 10 minutes of stareing at ducks and water, my mom came over all happy and said that it was time to go. They (Mom, Dad, Sister) walked off without me. "Um guys? A little help! Guys? DAD!" My dad turned around and found me stuck. I couldn't budge my knees. "Stop fooling around! Your wasting our time!" My dad said. "I'm not! I'm really stuck!" They comforted and my mom broke out the video camera! I was about to cry. I turned around (how much that I could) and saw that a small crowd had gathered. A man in a very nice suit came over and said things like "How did u manage to do this buddy?" I was like I was just relaxing. He said, "ok hold on. We'll get you some help." After a few minutes on the Radio, a ORANGE COUNTY AMBULANCE drove up and paramedics ran to my side. Just as they arrived, the man ijn the nice suit pryed the bars apart with his hands. The rest of the day was great!

Smitty

Having seen many kids get their legs stuck in the railings at the Toontown and FrontierLand Train stations from my time as a Conductor I can tell you the best thing to do is to turn yourself around. Then you can usually slide your leg right out. Otherwise then all you have to do is use a pry bar. It is usually embarassing for the kids who get them stuck, but it's not such a big deal. Just one of those every day occurences. I have two good stories to share now.

Like I said I was a Conductor on the Walt Disney World Railroad at MK. Well one day I am working the Main St. Station. This guy comes up with his whole family. About ten people all together. He starts asking me all these backstage type of questions. And then he asked if I ever got to see Walt's frozen body in the castle. I laughed and told him that is one of the most popular rumors about WDW. He got really mad and told me he watched a Discovery Channel special on Walt being frozen and placed in the Castle. This went on for a while until he freaked out and got on the train when it came in. About 3 hours later I am now down at the Toontown Station. Well who should come back through but this guy and his family! He slams through the turnstile and stomps down the other end while his family is dying laughing. His wife is stops next to me and when she finally stops cracking up she told me he went to Guest Relations and asked them about Walt's frozen body. They finaly convinced him he was wrong and he had been bull the rest of the day!

My other weird guest story happened at the Frontierland Station. I was working the station by myself because we had no greeter at the handicap ramp that night. In order to use the ramp you either have to have a wheelchair or a guest assistance card from Guest Relations. (the stories I can tell about those battles would take up about twenty forum pages!) This guy starts to walk up the ramp. I tell him he can't and he proceeds to tell me where I can go and that he is too tired to use the stairs. I don't feel like fighting this guy so I let him the queue once he gets to the top of the ramp. He is bull because he thought by coming up the ramp he could walk right on the "attraction". At any rate, two trains go by and he still hasn't gotten on because the queue was long. The train coming in was the train I was catching. And as a conductor you ride on the back of the train. As luck would have it, the train comes in and this guy heads toward the back of the train. All I can think is "Great now I am going to have to listen to this guy all the way back up to Main St." He walks all the way down to the end of the train and starts swearing up a storm. Now this is why I put attraction in quotes. He starts screaming "This isn't the damn line for F'ing Splash Mountain. What the F-bomb! I didn't want the F'ing train ride!" He thought he was waiting the whole time for Splash Mountain.

Just goes to prove to you that if you act like a jerk and treat CM's bad you'll get yours in the end. I saw tons of other weird stuff. People getting rather intimate in weird places. People jumping of rides. Parents beating the hell out of kids. All sorts of stuff. I have enough stories to write a book and I was only there for 5 months. Imagine the people who are there 40 hours a week for years. The stories the fulltimers have are hilarious. Just thought I would share those with you. HAve fun!

Smitty

Mr Disney

In the Parks
Yes
Funny

Oh my gosh! He thought he was in line for Splash Mountain? :lol: I can't stand it! :lol: Too funny! How many trains had gone by again? :lol: haha haha! Hoo! :lol: :lol: :lol:

tigger1968

My weirdest experience so far has been during one of our stays at AlSMusic. Last year , I had headed down to the main building to get a drink, only to find the building closed. A uniformed security guard told me that the building was closed temporarily for a routine inspection, but would be open soon. I walked around to the front, and saw a number of WDW Security vehicles out front. By this point, I was convinced that there was something far more sinister afoot. On my way back to my room, I passed a group of manager types huddled in conversation. All I caught was someone saying that "they're almost done with the luggage storage area." I decided it must be a bomb threat. My group decided to head out for the parks, and we found that the busses had been sent one street over to load and unload. As we left, I saw one of the WDW Security vans leaving, and noticed that it was a K-9 unit! That confirmed my theory that it had been a bomb threat. What bothered me the most was that, while they closed and evacuated the building and moved the busses away, they did not evacuate the pool, which is only about 50 feet away from the building. All in all, pretty strange, huh?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom