Weird DVC Question

djpoore94

Original Poster
DH and I are in the process of purchasing DVC points for OKW :sohappy: and I have a strange question! I understand that you don't get Mousekeeping every day unless you pay extra; that's not an issue for me (I don't change the sheets every day at home, why would I need that on vacation), but I am wondering how many towels and washcloths they start you out with? I don't mind using the same towel a couple of times, but the thought of reusing a washcloth on my face that I previoulsy used to wash my entire body grosses me out! If we would not have enough washcloths for each of us to have a fresh one every day, can we ask for more at the desk or should I pack my own.

Hope this question makes sense! Any help is greatly appreciated :wave:

chipndale76

We stayed at OKW last October and we were there for 7 nights, I think we had mousekeeping twice during the stay. From what I remember we always enough towels, plus if you are in a 1, 2, or 3 bedroom you have a washer/dryer if it's needed. With the prices of luggage, I wouldn't pack extra if you don't need to.

djpoore94

Original Poster
Thanks for the response! It will ususally just be DH and I so we probably won't spend the extra points on the 1, 2, & 3 bdrms, but it's good to know that we'll have enough fresh things! I'm not a total germ-a-phob, but I do like to know that I am actually getting clean when I wash!

Phonedave

Thanks for the response! It will ususally just be DH and I so we probably won't spend the extra points on the 1, 2, & 3 bdrms, but it's good to know that we'll have enough fresh things! I'm not a total germ-a-phob, but I do like to know that I am actually getting clean when I wash!

There are like 4 or 5 washcloths in the room.

Some other things to consider.

There are towels provided at the pools, so there is no need to use your room towels at the pool. In fact pool towels usualy end up in our room (you go to the pool without one, but comming back wet you have one)

There always seems to be housekeeping carts in the halls all hours of the day and night - I think they leave them there. I know in SSR and BCV they plug them into the outlets in the hall to recharge (they are motorized) I have taken an extra towel off the cart, and have taken more shampoo when we ran out. I am not advocating filling your pockets with stuff, but if you need another soap or washcloth, its pretty easy to find.

-dave

mouseinthesouth

I wanted fresh towels so I asked housekeeping when they were outside my room and they gave me more towels. Oh and a tip to mousekeeping is a good idea
:sohappy:

Bug715

I don't think there would be a problem for you to get more washcloths if you need them. If you can't find mousekeeping (at OKW I havn't seen a cart just hanging out at night) i'm sure you there is a button on the phone to call someone to request one. I seem to remember that mousekeeping left around 4pm most days (our room was near where they're cast area was and I would see them when I was leaving for work walking to their parking lot) but before then you should be able to find someone to ask.

I hope you enjoy OKW. It has been our Home for 11 years. My family has found that requesting a room near the front of the resort is the best for bus travel. The main bus stop is the last pick up and the first drop off was just a short walk from the room.

Phonedave

I made a mistake.

They do not leave housekeeping carts around at SSR - I was just there. They do at BCV and BWV.

At SSR on my cleaning day, the left a laundry basket full of stuff at my door (sheets, towels, soap, etc). It was there at 8:00 when I left the room. I left it in the hall, as I thought it may have been a signal for mousekeeping that the room was due. Itwas gone when I got back (and trash and towels were done)

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom