Weeks to avoid in 2020

WDWFan2018

Original Poster
What are some events that generally happen at WDW from January - March? I've heard about cheerleading competitions and Jersey week but do these events typically happen at the same time every year? I'm changing my November trip to early 2020 and I'm just trying to avoid marathons, competitions etc...

Schneewittchen

The mythical Jersey week happens in November usually around the first or second week, maybe near Veteran's Day.

I frequently visit WDW in November during this supposedly crowded week. I think it's all bull....

Before my kids started school, we used to visit WDW in January, about a week after New Year's. It was dead. No lines, etc. Sometimes not great weather too. But things could have / probably have changed in the last 10 years. This visit tended to coincide with the end of the Walt Disney World Marathon. So basically, the day we arrived would be the day the runners were leaving.....

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Hmmm. I see 52 of them...
This^^^

WDW has done a great job at filling in the attendance valleys that use to exist. Seems there is some sort of festival, event or race nearly every weekend.

About all you can do it check Mousesavers for what weeks are considered "Value" and hope for the best, but the days of having the parks to yourself at anytime of the year are long gone.

Trackmaster

The mythical Jersey week happens in November usually around the first or second week, maybe near Veteran's Day.

I frequently visit WDW in November during this supposedly crowded week. I think it's all bull....

Before my kids started school, we used to visit WDW in January, about a week after New Year's. It was dead. No lines, etc. Sometimes not great weather too. But things could have / probably have changed in the last 10 years. This visit tended to coincide with the end of the Walt Disney World Marathon. So basically, the day we arrived would be the day the runners were leaving.....

This year has been pretty busy so far, especially January. According to TouringPlans, there really haven't been many days at all the entire year that have been less than 4/10. Granted, they've predicted that several days would have been 3/10 or less. I think that once the NYE crowd filtered out, January was more or less like February. I'm not sure if WDW has been having a great year, or if their capacity and loading speeds have just gone downhill lately. The park attendance is usually about the same every year, so I doubt that they're really getting that many guests than usual.

Cmdr_Crimson

If they had kept Festival of the arts as the former Festival of The Masters at Disney Springs. This would have kept Epcot to be not as busy as it was..During the time I go in Jan/Feb I'm literally in the crossfire of Cheerleaders, Tour Groups, and Now the additional crowds due to Pro Bowl and guests who are there during the time Super Bowl rolls in and considering it's happening in Florida for the next 2 years (Tampa & Miami) I won't be surprised to see a big spike in attendance..

danlb_2000

Premium Member
What are some events that generally happen at WDW from January - March? I've heard about cheerleading competitions and Jersey week but do these events typically happen at the same time every year? I'm changing my November trip to early 2020 and I'm just trying to avoid marathons, competitions etc...

Jersey week in 2020 would be November 2nd through the 6th.

Minnie1976

This^^^

WDW has done a great job at filling in the attendance valleys that use to exist. Seems there is some sort of festival, event or race nearly every weekend.

About all you can do it check Mousesavers for what weeks are considered "Value" and hope for the best, but the days of having the parks to yourself at anytime of the year are long gone.

That is the truth. I remember the 1st time we went at a time when the parks were usually not crowded and they were packed. Our thoughts were where did all these people come from? I use to know at what times to go to what parks. Now it is good luck they are all crowded.

jloucks

All of them I am afraid. That's the predicament I am in. I want to go, but the urge has yet to surpass my tolerance for being mobbed all day, every day, for days on end.

Nope nope nope nope

But, to answer your question, Week of new years, Christmas, thanksgiving, any holidays really are no-go times. Mega mobs. Food and Wine Festival draws the crowds away from the other parks. At least at night. Imho.

Almost completely unrelated, we did a Disney cruise on Thanksgiving just recently. Every room was sold, but it was great. Only notable crowding was in the buffet room. A little hard to find a table for 8 consistently.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom