Weekly Movie Night(s)

truecoat

I want to first start off by saying I truly believe our sub-forum is the greatest one here on Magic. I love our conversations and our regulars here. And best of all, I love that we connect based on our mutual adoration for Disneyland. I’ve been here for almost a decade (yikes) and you guys and gals continue make it fun for me to return every year. I consider many of you my friends.

I’d like to share with you a common activity I like to do with my real-world friends and open it up for the opportunity here with my online Disneyland friends, and that’s movie nights. Considering the times we’re currently living in, community is greatly valued, even online ones.

I’d like to propose we watch a movie or two a week together. I assume some of us have Disney+ and/or other streaming services (I have multiple ones). It doesn’t have to be a Disney film all the time. We could offer a list of choices and vote on which one(s) we will watch for the week. I think this would be a fun and safe way to connect outside of our sub-forum. We’d watch the films according to PST (Pacific Standard Time)

If any are interested, let me know what streaming services you have. I have Disney+, Hulu, Netflix, and Amazon Prime. I also have cable and can stream things from major cable networks, like HBO and Showtime.

Let me know.

Tentative Move Lineup:

Movie lineup (this will continue to be updated):

3/27: Snow White (TTBD)
3/28: Roger Rabbit (TTBD)
3/29: Pinocchio (TTBD)

4/3: Pirates: Curse of the Black Pearl (TTBD)
4/4: Aladdin (TTBD)
4/5: Mary Poppins (TTBD)

4/10: The Little Mermaid (TTBD)
4/11: Hunchback (TTBD)
4/12: Beauty and the Beast (TTBD)

4/17: Rescuers Down Under (TTBD)
4/18: Three Caballeros (TTBD)
4/19: Lady and the Tramp (TTBD)

4/24: Cinderella (TTBD)
4/25: Tarzan (TTBD)
4/26: Lion King (TTBD)

For the TTBD, can you please take into account people in other time zones other than Pacific. Just a thought, thanks!

mickEblu

For the TTBD, can you please take into account people in other time zones other than Pacific. Just a thought, thanks!

What time would you propose? I’m home for now so the time doesn’t really matter to me but I thought 5pm pacific was pretty solid for everyone. Any earlier and you have folks on the West Coast (The majority of people in the DLR forum) that might still be at work.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster

Yes, I’ve considered the time. I suggested 5PM PST because I figured if we have people on the east coast participating, 8PM wouldn’t be too late. The films aren’t very long, and we can definitely adjust for longer films (i.e. Curse of the Black Pearl). If anyone will be joining us from Alaska or Hawaii, it’ll be 2PM. I think the one or two hour differences wouldn’t make a significant hassle, but who knows.

No one has objected to the time I’ve set so far. Will 5PM PST be an issue for you?

truecoat

You may have missed it but on the last page Raven said she was thinking about 5pm PST. That means everyone in the US would be watching between 5-8pm which I think is as accommodating as possible.

What time would you propose? I’m home for now so the time doesn’t really matter to me but I thought 5pm pacific was pretty solid for everyone. Any earlier and you have folks on the West Coast (The majority of people in the DLR forum) that might still be at work.

Yes, I’ve considered the time. I suggested 5PM PST because I figured if we have people on the east coast participating, 8PM wouldn’t be too late. The films aren’t very long, and we can definitely adjust for longer films (i.e. Curse of the Black Pearl). If anyone will be joining us from Alaska or Hawaii, it’ll be 2PM. I think the one or two hour differences wouldn’t make a significant hassle, but who knows.

No one has objected to the time I’ve set so far. Will 5PM PST be an issue for you?

Sorry, I totally missed that. I just looked at the front page.

mickEblu

i think 6pm Pacific is probably the best bet but I haven’t really seen anyone voice their opinion. 6pm gives folks who may be working a chance to get home. Actually scratch that, most people who are still traveling to work are not working typical 9-5 shifts.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
i think 6pm Pacific is probably the best bet but I haven’t really seen anyone voice their opinion. 6pm gives folks who may be working a chance to get home. Actually scratch that, most people who are still traveling to work are not working typical 9-5 shifts.

For tomorrow, let’s stick with 5 and see how it goes. If it doesn’t work out, we can definitely change it to 6!

smooch

I figured we could just comment here, but if you’d like to set up a Zoom or something like that, please feel free.

I wonder if we could do a Discord server? Option for voice chat, we could communicate through text with the chat if we don't want to use voice, and you could make a text channel nobody can type in where you can post the schedule and update it for everyone to check. I don't think we would be able to use webcams for video chats on Discord when it's on a server rather than a direct call, but if we're watching the movie maybe that doesn't matter too much?

truecoat

I wonder if we could do a Discord server? Option for voice chat, we could communicate through text with the chat if we don't want to use voice, and you could make a text channel nobody can type in where you can post the schedule and update it for everyone to check. I don't think we would be able to use webcams for video chats on Discord when it's on a server rather than a direct call, but if we're watching the movie maybe that doesn't matter too much?

Yes, Discord would be good.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Hey you're our fearless leader on this adventure, so its your choice....

Yes, Discord would be good.

I’ll leave it to you guys to set it up!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom