Weekend Trip To NYC

Erika

Original Poster
This past weekend, John and I took a trip out to New York to celebrate our anniversay a month early. We got there at lunchtime Friday and left early Monday morning. We had such a good time. Pictures and report are over at Al's:

Our Trip to Manhattan

New Yorkers, I have to say- I love your city! We hope to go back some day. There are still a lot of things we want to see. But I think we got a respectable amount of things done, considering we only had 2 1/2 days.

MouseMadness

I am so jealous! I heard a rumor running through the family that we were going to do an all girls' trip this summer, I certainly hope so. 28 years old and I've STILL never been there!! Glad you guys got to get away and have some fun! :wave:

JBSLJames

Looks like you had a great time. Nice pics. I got to visit NYC on business once (prior to 9/11) without my wife (boo hoo). We had planned on going to NYC for our 10th anniversary in September of 2002, but backed out. The events of 9/11 only helped to re-affirm our decision. Hope you real anniversary is as fun as this little trip.

:wave:

tigsmom

Erika, I'm so glad you enjoyed your time here! Its always great to see it thru the eyes of a visitor. I loved your pics from Ellis Island. My family came thru there too. We had our grandparent's names placed on the great wall. Our local schools take a trip there every year (5th grade...my youngest will make her first trip soon). Its nice to try to find the family's name there. Katie was able to do so!

The flatiron building...what can I say...I love it!

Erika

Original Poster
Here's a fun fact-

I have mentioned before that the fire alarm went off at our wedding reception and continued to blare as the food was being served (until the fire dept could get there & shut it off).

So here we are in New York City, celebrating our 4th anniversary, eating dinner at this nice little Italian restaurant, and wouldnt you know it: The fire alarm goes off (another false alarm). I think we were the only ones there who were laughing. :lol:

I also found it ironic that we flew all the way there from Chi-Town only to be staying directly across the street from Chicago, the musical.

wdwhoneymooner

Glad y'all had such a good time! I miss the City......especially all the food choices. Fantastic pics too.

The family and I just got back from visiting family there. As stated, "Nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there" (again). I can't see paying $1500/month for a one bedroom apartment at this point in my life, but man, did I have a good time!

pinkrose

I'm glad ya'll had such a great time! I love NYC. I've only been once, but it was great. I need to get back up there.

Erika

Original Poster
DisneyJill said:
Great pics, Erika!! I went to NY once, and I would loooove to go back. You hit all the places I would have in 3 days!

Jill- I love your avatar/location! We watched Vacation on the way there. Personal dvd player + headphone splitter = very quick plane ride!

Now, I owe it to myself to tell you, Mr. Griswold, that if you are thinking of taking the tribe cross country, this is your automobile. The Wagon Queen Family Truckster. You think you hate it now, but wait till you drive it.

Wckd Queen

Gotta see the whole town right from Yonkers on down to the bay..in just one day :lol:

Erika! You saw more of NYC in your weekend than I think I have in my lifetime! I have lived less than an hour from the city my entire life and have never been to the Statue of Liberty or Ellis Island, although my entire family flowed thru there during the great imigration at the start of the last century as well. I have seen the Dakota though, where John Lennon lived. Thats where our limo driver stopped to ask US how to get to Chelsea for a business meeting! :lol:

Glad you had a good time! Your pics are GREAT! :)

nicholas

Something else I wanted to add. 20 NYC blocks is the equivelent of 1 mile. So by my calculations, you walked 15 miles that weekend. Welcome to NY! :p

DisneyJill

Erika said:
Jill- I love your avatar/location! We watched Vacation on the way there. Personal dvd player + headphone splitter = very quick plane ride!

Now, I owe it to myself to tell you, Mr. Griswold, that if you are thinking of taking the tribe cross country, this is your automobile. The Wagon Queen Family Truckster. You think you hate it now, but wait till you drive it.

I don't want to drive it. I just want my old car back!

Hehe, thanks. It's one of my very favorites!

And, Vince! :eek: Shame on you! No Yankee hats allowed here!!

scorp111

NYC is a very cool place... went there right after I got married....

Saw Steve Martin on a bench in Central park... and he took a picture of me and my wife..... :lol:

AliciaLuvzDizne

scorp111 said:
NYC is a very cool place... went there right after I got married....

Saw Steve Martin on a bench in Central park... and he took a picture of me and my wife..... :lol:
Ive lived less than an hour away too my entire life, been there loads of time, even dated someone from Queens, so that made my trips once a week for a while (we hung out in Manhattan more often that we did in Queens)
and i have NEVER seen a famous person!! Im always in the wrong place at the wrong time

SirNim

In honor of your great weekend, I've put up one of my beloved, infamous, dizzying avatars... from New York... lol

Glad to hear you had a great time! :wave:

bgraham34

NY a fun place to visit but I would never live there. I live in NJ and worked in NY. The time it took to get anywhere I could not take but I go in once a month for dinner and drinking.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom