Week after Thanksgiving

thewhitequeen

Original Poster
Am I in for gigantic crowds? We were supposed to go in January but have never been the week after Thanksgiving for Christmas but I was unable to get a resort I liked. On a whim I checked this morning and Beach Club was available for 5 nights so I booked it room only. This is very last minute and I have a lot to do prior to then but I know how quickly things fill up so I snatched up the room. I've never stayed at Beach Club either.

Since the resorts are pretty booked up that week with Pop Warner coming in on the 3rd, are we going to be shoulder to shoulder with 90 minute waits? I'm an off season guest and not used to wall to wall people and I have until early next week to cancel.

Dukeblue1227

I'll be there that same week.

It's supposed to be one of the least crowded times of the year to visit...

The weekends will be pretty busy, but Monday-Friday should be fairly quiet from everything I've read.

donsullivan

Premium Member
The first part of the week shouldn't be too bad, but as the week goes on it's likely to get progressively busier. With the Christmas Parade taping happening later in the week and into the weekend of the 4th/5th things are likely to get pretty busy.

DisneyWeather!

Our first trip was the same week in '07. It lived up to the rumor as one of the least busy times of the year. Lines were very short if any. We walked right on Pirates and MANY others. Longest wait of the trip was probably 20 minutes for Big Thunder. Parade taping day was crowded around the castle during the show and on the route which totally opened up the rest of the park for us! You will be totally glad you went and the decorations will get you fired up for the holidays! We have pictures of the kids dancing in front of the castle, by themselves!, as we waited for a parade at Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. We still can't get over that. Enjoy and Happy Holidays!:xmas:

pacochran

We usually go the Tuesday after Thanksgiving for a week and it is great. Once in a while some of the popular rides have along wait, but generally not bad. This year because of commitments we are going a little later. We will be there the 3rd thru the 12th. Pop Warner does affect it a little bit but we haven't found it to be that big a problem.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom