Week 7 Challenge

Coree

Original Poster
Happy Thursday, everyone! Ready for a new challenge? eagles asked me to fill in the rotation with this week's idea so here it goes.

The theme for this week is to scrapbook a "first." What do I mean by that? Well, some examples could be--Disney: first meeting with a particular character, first trip, first stay at a particular resort; wedding: first kiss, first dance; baby: so many options to choose from here; others: first snowfall of year, first day of school, etc., etc.

Somewhere on the page, you need to incorporate the number 1.

Any colors can be used, but incorporate at least one patterned and one solid paper.

Also, include an eyelet on the page somehow.

Hope everyone has photos to fit the theme. Have fun!

eagles

you are a pro at this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now i have a question....what exactly is an eyelet? i have never used them and have no idea what they are.

Disneyfalcon

This sounds great!! I've got family here for the next week and a half so I don't know if I'll get much scrapbooking done. I'll try though!

I FINALLY posted the layout from week 5, so I guess I'm not very good at deadlines!

eagles

here is mine.. a very simple layout, but i actually really like it. i used mickey eyelets, patterened paper background, solid paper matte around the pics, and the big no. 1. i think i used everything.

rick1st.jpg

Coree

Original Poster
That was quick--and what a great page! Your husband looks like he had a good time--can't imagine why he wouldn't want to go again in April! :)

It's funny, I have similar Mickey eyelets in my traditional embellishments. When adding eyelets to a traditional page though, the hole in the center of the embellishment goes straight through the paper because that's the way the eyelet is attached (punch a whole in the paper, insert eyelet, then bend back of eyelet down on back to attach). I don't know if it's possible to drop out the paper from the eyelet hole or not, but doing so would make those eyelets more resemble a traditional eyelet. Looks great this way too though!

eagles

i can make a hole, but if you put a hole in the paper, what shows beneath the hole? do you have another piece of paper below that? or is there really just a hole that you see thru?

Coree

Original Poster
i can make a hole, but if you put a hole in the paper, what shows beneath the hole? do you have another piece of paper below that?

It really varies. For example, if I'm using an eyelet on something like a matted journal block then my background paper still shows through. However, if the eyelet is on my background paper, then it's just a hole and there's nothing behind it at all other than air.

eagles

i put a hole there, but it will fill it in with white automactically. here is another go at the eyelets. gosh i feel dumb! i guess eyelets just don't work too good with digital.

rick1st1copy.jpg

Coree

Original Poster
I was wondering how they would work, but at least I made sure they existed digitally before throwing them into the challenge. :) In digital they probably work better if there's still another layer below them that can show through. I think on this layout it probably looked better the way you had them first. With the holes that white background is kind of distracting from the overall look of the page.

eagles

ok here, i changed it and put a solid red behind. how is this? better i hope. and don't laugh at me for not knowing how to use eyelets! LOL

rick1st3copy.jpg

Disneyfalcon

I like it eagles! I agree, your dh looks like he's having fun! I think your other thread is hysterical by the way!

My eyelets usually have something going through them like ribbon. I used some for week 6. If there's nothing going through it, I usually use brads so there's no hole.

Coree

Original Poster
I like it eagles! I agree, your dh looks like he's having fun! I think your other thread is hysterical by the way!

My eyelets usually have something going through them like ribbon. I used some for week 6. If there's nothing going through it, I usually use brads so there's no hole.

I forgot to mention putting ribbon or something through the eyelets. I do that sometimes too (although sometimes I also just leave the hole).

And I too have been chuckling along with the other thread. :lol:

mouselvrmom

I love your page, eagles! You are such a happy family.

since I haven't been on that much, I don't know which thread you all are chuckling about.

eagles

now i don't mind people knowing who i am....but...to be known for that thread is something i am not sure about!!!!!!!!!! lol

but it was true! (and now i have to wonder if hubby even remembers), but i don't care, i am planning my vacation!

and there could be worse things in the world than staying at the shades of green right? right!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom