week 4 challenge aug 9-16

eagles

Original Poster
can you all believe we are on our 4th week?

i am really happy to see more scrappers joining us, WELCOME!

so how did everyone feel about weeks 3? much better than the previous week, :ROFLOL: awesome layouts everyone!!!!!!!

so now with the encouraging, uplifting words, are we ready for week 4?

week 4 challenge:

color: 2 chooses, purple,violet, lavender
color: at least 1 complimentary color to go with the above

shape: circles

theme: summer....since school is going to be starting soon for some of us, lets celebrate summer

embellishments: paperclips, lets throw this one in for fun!
Good Luck everyone and enjoy scrapping!!!!!!!!

heads up for next week. have we all seen Coree's photo, her little one looking up at those donald ducks? i am still working on that idea for next week so find pictures similiar to that. doesn't have to be a child however.

mouselvrmom

I think it sounds like a fun one.

Just to clarify, we need either violet, purple or lavender- two of them.
So violet and purlple or lavender and purple along with another coordinating color? Just making sure I understand correctly. :lol:

Coree

I think it sounds like a fun one.

Just to clarify, we need either violet, purple or lavender- two of them.
So violet and purlple or lavender and purple along with another coordinating color? Just making sure I understand correctly. :lol:

I was wondering the same thing as my wheels are turning about how I can use my new Cricut in this weeks challenge. :)

can you all believe we are on our 4th week?

heads up for next week. have we all seen Coree's photo, her little one looking up at those donald ducks? i am still working on that idea for next week so find pictures similiar to that. doesn't have to be a child however.

For those who haven't seen the photo eagles is talking about . . .
DSC00059-1.jpg

eagles

Original Poster
mouselvrmom...

i wasn't sure that would come out right LOL

color, any form of the violet, purple, lavender, just that type of color, no reds, no pinks, no blues. 2 shades of those colors.

is that better? LOL

disneyfalcon....today is technically the first/last day for challenges. but you know this is for fun, so please post when you can.

hmmm...maybe we could have a FUN contest, with a poll, winner gets a small something, scrapebook or disney related? anythought? maybe keeping the item under the 4 or 5 dollar mark.

oh wait, how about we do a contest once a month at the end of the month? you pick the one layout from all that months challenges that you really like and then we vote on them. winner then will get the small scrapebook or disney related item? still keeping the item under 4 or 5 dollars.

and since we do this because we love scrapbooking, if you don't want to do it, then that is fine also, it was just a thought.

Disneyfalcon

Coree, I love that photo. It's adorable!!

Okay I'm off to post my week 3 layout!

I love these challenges, the last two weeks, those two layouts are the only ones I've done!!:eek:

Disneyfalcon

One more question - should purple be our background color or can it just be our main color?

I'll try to get this one done earlier since I'm the only one waiting until the last minute!!:lol:

Coree

Okay, I'm feeling dense today. :) So choose two shades of purple--got it! Do we also then choose one other coordinating color in addition to those two?

I'm open to the idea of a voting poll, but am happy with this all being just for fun too. Whatever everyone wants is fine with me. I'm just having fun being creative and scrapbooking!

eagles

Original Poster
Okay, I'm feeling dense today. :) So choose two shades of purple--got it! Do we also then choose one other coordinating color in addition to those two?

quote]

you got it! hehehe

choose two shades of purple, (pattern, solid, anything you like)

in addition, choose 1 complimentary color, (not a contrasting color).

use anyway you like, purples as background, or complimentary color as background.

eagles

Original Poster
i was just thinking about this and before anyone asks (lol)

i just looked up complementary and contrasting colors of purple. i found the yellow family was both.

so forget what i said about NOT contrasting color.

if you look up on the internet a color wheel, use your shade of purple's opposite opposite color. (or close enough). do not use colors that are right next to it.

so across from purples are the yellows, which we will be using

of course this all depends on your shades of purple. try to use a color wheel, and match your shade of purple as close as you can, then go to the opposite of that shade and use that color as close to it as you can.

i bet we all will get some pretty neat layouts.

Coree

My question was going to be much more basic than what about yellow. It was going to be, "what's the difference between contrasting and complementary?" Glad you explained. Off to find a color wheel . . .

eagles

Original Poster
this is going to be harder than i thought. the purple and yellows i think will be ok, but i DON'T have any pics that will fit.

eagles

Original Poster
ok here is mine. after looking at in enlarged, i see where some work needs to be done to clean it up a bit. but i decided to go ahead and post it here anyway.

flowers.jpg

Coree

Very nice page, eagles! I'm impressed (with the page itself AND that you did it so quickly). I have my photos chosen, but the colors may not be a great fit. We'll see though.

eagles

Original Poster
thanks, (it still needs some cleaning up)

but this is what happens when you have no real life and you are also bored.

and this is really bad, because i am thinking about this stuff in my sleep now! LOL i had a dream that my granddaughter made a layout for me to post here LOL maybe after the boys start school again, i will let her try a page. (she is 2 yrs old, think that will go over well?

mouselvrmom

thanks, (it still needs some cleaning up)

but this is what happens when you have no real life and you are also bored.

and this is really bad, because i am thinking about this stuff in my sleep now! LOL i had a dream that my granddaughter made a layout for me to post here LOL maybe after the boys start school again, i will let her try a page. (she is 2 yrs old, think that will go over well?

I was thinking of potential ideas for this layout in the shower today! :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom