WEDfan9798's Disney Horizons Resort

WEDfan9798

Original Poster
Hi, I'm WEDfan9798, and I once developed an idea for a Walt Disney World-style resort based on a single word: Horizons. Once a staple of Epcot Center, it is now the basis for my ambitious resort. Thinking of the possibilities associated with the word "horizons", I developed a Magic Kingdom-style theme park with these major lands and minor areas, all home to a host of great attractions for guests of all ages. There are additional gates, including a new Epcot Center, a Hollywood Studios, an Animal Kingdom, as well as Disney's America, Disney Sea, and a waterfront Downtown Disney district with a monorail station that unites all the parks and hotels together. Of course, adherence to thematic integrity is a staple of my projects, but I am inclined to have some of the parks and resorts interconnected with one another.

After all, these parks are all on the "horizons", so to speak, in both geography and theme.

There are six theme parks, about fifteen themed hotel resorts, a handful of water parks, a massive outdoor shopping district, and other vital facilities designed to ooze Disney magic!

I will update this on a weekly basis for all of the plans of the resort I would design. Of course, this is just my idea and I realize that it would be difficult to replicate in real life for fairly obvious reasons, but I just want to share my ideas with you all.

So this is how I would design a massive Disney resort complex with various parks, hotels, and amenities. Enjoy!

WEDfan9798

Original Poster
Here is my idea of the Magic Kingdom:

Based on the standard layout of Disneyland and Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom, we have a new Magic Kingdom, one based on the five basic lands found at the various Disney castle parks: Main Street USA, Adventureland, Frontierland, Fantasyland, and Tomorrowland.

Each "land" has a handful of individual areas themed accordingly and they have their own headliners. We will be getting to each one slowly, but surely.

However, before we even cross the threshold into the Magic Kingdom itself, we arrive in the shadow of the Victorian-inspired Disney Boardwalk. This area, analogous to Downtown Disney or Disney Springs, would be the perfect entrance to Main Street. The Boardwalk maintains many shops and restaurants, most of which preempt the greatness behind the gates before us. In fact, the idea of the Main Street Hotel as designed for WDW in the 1960's and later used at the front of Disneyland Paris was reused once again for this Park. Beyond the lush gardens and opulent Victorian ornamentation, we find ourselves amidst the entrance plaza with a chugging locomotive welcoming us to this happy place with the elegant, yet simple Railroad Station standing guard.

After crossing yet another threshold into the Magic Kingdom proper, guests are greeted with a familiar scene---Town Square, where the spirit of hometown Americana is alive and well. This is where the elegance of the Victorian age with the East Coast Main Street of WDW and the small town Midwestern Main Street of DL intersects and works quite well as an introduction to the Park. This is where it truly begins...

WEDfan9798

Original Poster
Main Street USA

Just like most Magic Kingdoms, you emerge in Town Square, a fitting homage to the small town America of the 1890-1920 period. This civic center boasts a firehouse, a police station (just a cover for the security office), City Hall, the post office (with actual mailboxes to send postcards from), an operating bank, and other shops suited to the needs of the town. The town's Theater is a massive showplace for authentic cartoons from that era as well as Disney history, including a preview center/show dedicated to Walt. Other stores include the Emporium, the Market House, the Disney Clothiers, the Apothecary, the Crystal Palace Shop, the Waxworks Candle Shop, and a Magic Shop.

Other specialty stores dot Main Street and for those who enjoy a tasty treat, well, you're in luck. There is the Main Street Drugstore (which is an ice cream parlor and soda fountain), the Walter Inn (which is akin to Walt's Restaurant at DLP), the Comfy Corner Coffeehouse, the Leapzin Bounds Bakery (pronounced leaps-and-bounds and it also alludes to Lillian Disney's maiden name), and the Coke Corner.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom