Wedding questions!

Mna

Original Poster
So many questions! I'm hoping someone can help answer them!

DF and I are currently looking at a DFW Escape package, and adding the two park photo shoot, Magic Kingdom and Epcot. The pictures we've seen are gorgeous, but we wondered, are these done (both parks,) the same day? Also, I've seen photos where the castle or Epcot ball is lit up like at night. Is this just because it's so early it's still dark, or just a promotional thing they don't actually do?

We also saw in some of their online material/faqs, that you can have a meal-type reception arranged for the Escape package, but we didn't know how that worked or what kind of cost we'd be looking at. Any ideas what they would charge per person? Would it just be less expensive to have a meal at a nice restaurant there?

Finally, would we be allowed, with our guests, into the Atlantic Dance Hall in our wedding attire to dance and have fun after dinner? I've read its frequently empty anyway, so I thought maybe we could start a tab to cover guest's drinks and enjoy the night for awhile!

Any help is greatly appreciated! I'm trying to get info to put together a budget, but their hotline for info was pretty useless because we're not in the 9 month window. :(

Sweet Melissa

So many questions! I'm hoping someone can help answer them!

DF and I are currently looking at a DFW Escape package, and adding the two park photo shoot, Magic Kingdom and Epcot. The pictures we've seen are gorgeous, but we wondered, are these done (both parks,) the same day?
Usually both parks are done in the same day, unless there's some kind of scheduling conflict.

Also, I've seen photos where the castle or Epcot ball is lit up like at night. Is this just because it's so early it's still dark, or just a promotional thing they don't actually do?
It's because it's so early that it's still dark, but if you're doing both parks in one day, you'll probably be at Epcot after dawn. It also depends on the time of year you get married.

We also saw in some of their online material/faqs, that you can have a meal-type reception arranged for the Escape package, but we didn't know how that worked or what kind of cost we'd be looking at. Any ideas what they would charge per person? Would it just be less expensive to have a meal at a nice restaurant there?
It would definitely be less expensive to have a meal at a nice restaurant. The current catering minimums for weddings are $100pp for brunch, $125pp for lunch, and $150pp for dinner.

Finally, would we be allowed, with our guests, into the Atlantic Dance Hall in our wedding attire to dance and have fun after dinner? I've read its frequently empty anyway, so I thought maybe we could start a tab to cover guest's drinks and enjoy the night for awhile!
Yes, if Atlantic Dance Hall is open to the public that night. They sometimes close for wedding receptions or other private events on weeknights.

Mna

Original Poster
Usually both parks are done in the same day, unless there's some kind of scheduling conflict.

It's because it's so early that it's still dark, but if you're doing both parks in one day, you'll probably be at Epcot after dawn. It also depends on the time of year you get married.

It would definitely be less expensive to have a meal at a nice restaurant. The current catering minimums for weddings are $100pp for brunch, $125pp for lunch, and $150pp for dinner.

Yes, if Atlantic Dance Hall is open to the public that night. They sometimes close for wedding receptions or other private events on weeknights.
Thank you! This is perfect! I saw on another thread about Raglan Road and I think it may be perfect for us, rather than the Dance Hall!

Mna

Original Poster
Oh! Another question! Do they ever do the photo shoots the same day as the wedding?

Is it difficult to get a stylist to come that early for makeup/hair?

I saw someone say that it was a three week wait on one of their sessions. I'm assuming they don't do that to people from long distances, do they? We'll probably be there a week.

Sweet Melissa

Do they ever do the photo shoots the same day as the wedding?

Yes they do. Everything I've heard about doing that is that it's miserable unless you're having a very early ceremony and reception. I would not like to wake up at 2:30am for hair and makeup and then having a nighttime reception/fireworks dessert party/afterparty at Raglan Road/etc.

Personally? I'd advise that you do your park shoot a couple days into your honeymoon. Floral can refresh your bouquet, and you can book stylists to come do your hair and makeup again. My biggest reason for saying this is that walking around Main Street and Fantasyland is dirty. You don't want your dress and train dragging around on the ground that much before your ceremony. They'll look gross when you're done. Do the park shoots LAST.

Is it difficult to get a stylist to come that early for makeup/hair?

Nope! Beaute Speciale sends stylists to your room and doesn't charge extra for early start times. I'd be happy to share my wedding photos with you if you want to see examples of their work.

I saw someone say that it was a three week wait on one of their sessions. I'm assuming they don't do that to people from long distances, do they? We'll probably be there a week.

What time of year are you planning on getting married? That three week wait that another bride experienced was because park construction and events kept her from booking near her wedding. It's more likely to happen at some times of the year than others.

Mna

Original Poster
I figured it would make it miserable, but I never thought about the dirt issue! Thank you! Waiting a couple of days was what we were thinking, but this helps immensely!

I would LOVE to see any and all pictures I can! Lol!

I'm hoping late April or May, largely due to the flower and garden festival in Epcot, so we can have the extra greenery in our photos there! I've been to it once and it was SO beautiful! If not then, then probably an off season like September or something.

Sweet Melissa

I really doubt you'd have a problem booking the park shoots you want in the springtime. I sent you a PM with a link to a few of our photos.

TXDisney

Be careful with your park photo shoot. We were using a Disney photographer for our wedding mainly bc of that added photo shoot. So when it came time to schedule it they couldn't have us do the photo shoot until 2 weeks after our wedding day bc of taking down the grist as decorations at MK. This was a huge deal bc my wife wanted those photos but it wasn't possible bc we live in Texas. It's not like we can just up and drive to Disney every week. They weren't negotiable at all with us on this. So we went with an outside photographer who FYI does way better photography than Disney photographers and was cheaper. Now Disney only allows a few non Disney photographers even photograph at weddings. We were upset we didn't get those photos but we still loves our wedding photos

Luv4disney

Hi there, my sister is getting married escape package sea breeze point 10/16
Most photo opt at parks is done prior to park opening, that's what she was told,
Bride and groom only. Unless it changed?
At resorts and outside park locations you can wear your wedding attire anywhere . If u have a private dessert firework party, you are also able by request to wear your wedding attire, we were told, but some require you be brought in by special location so you can't walk entire park in your dress.
I was told you can hire your own photographer too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom