Wedding planning

luvlifeinfl

Original Poster
I am doing research and I am curious to know, after looking at the Disney website and internet I cannot find any where answer to my questions.

1. Say I have my own planner do I have to use a planner from Disney.
2. can I use my own photographer?
3. Can I use a local florist instead of going through Disney.
4. what about food?

I guess all in all if i wanted to get married in Disney do I have to purchase the wedding package thru them or can I select & use my own? or does Disney frown on you using outside services?

thank you for any feedback.

DisneyJoe

If you want to use their facilities (wedding chapel or any of the other gazebos or locations), I am pretty certain that at least food and the planner need to be from Disney - as there will be a certain minimum food service requirement to meet.

I guess all in all if i wanted to get married in Disney do I have to purchase the wedding package thru them or can I select & use my own? or does Disney frown on you using outside services?

How would you get married in Disney without using them?

I recently worked with Disney Event/Meeting Planning for a company event; they basically give you a conference room for "free", but you need to meet certain resort room and food service minimums.

stlbobby

I got married at WDW in 2006. We used the basic Disney package, but they were great at tweaking things for us. I don't really know which outside vendors you can use, and it will depend on what kind of package you are getting, but I am sure you will have to have a Disney wedding planner as that person will be your point person for your contact with Disney.

I think WDW is the best destination wedding location. It is beautiful and romantic, and there is something for everyone. Don't be afraid to get silly and really embrace the Disney aspect. We made all the guests wear something Disney and it was great to see what people chose.

Congratulations, I hope you have a great experience.

stitchsMom

I am doing research and I am curious to know, after looking at the Disney website and internet I cannot find any where answer to my questions.

1. Say I have my own planner do I have to use a planner from Disney.
2. can I use my own photographer?
3. Can I use a local florist instead of going through Disney.
4. what about food?

thank you for any feedback.
I had a lot of the same questions, while planning my upcoming May Disney Wedding, and here are the answers I got:

1. Yes you have to use one of their planners - but your planner can work out the details for you with the disney planner.

2. They used to let you have your own photographer, and it was no big deal, but now it is a little different. You have a Disney provided photographer as part of your package, they will be there no matter what. We were told that if anyone else comes as a photographer they are must be included as a part of your guest list (so you are paying for them to be there, which really equates into your food and beverage) AND they must get a photography permit from Disney (and it was pretty pricey).

3. Floral deco and other decorations at the ceremony and reception sites must be done by the Disney florist - you have no choice in that. The brides bouquet and grooms bout. is done by Disney, or you can bring your own. The same goes for the wedding party: you can bring your own bouquets and wearable florals.

4. Food must be done through Disney, no exceptions.

You cannot have a wedding on Disney property period without booking a package through them. The only exception is at the Dolphin/Swan - but it would only be allowed at those resorts facilities...

If you have more questions feel free to pm me...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom