Website down and Member Services unavailable July 18th-19th

nickys

Premium Member
Original Poster
This announcement is on the home page of the DVC site:

Member Site and Services Will Be Temporarily Unavailable
The Disney Vacation Club Member website will be undergoing maintenance and temporarily unavailable from 10:00 PM Eastern Time on July 17 until maintenance is completed on July 20. In addition, Disney Vacation Club offices will be closed on July 18 and 19.

i<3riviera

they were doing some two factor authentication testing a while back; sounds like it might have been preliminary testing for a website overhaul

Indy_UK

I haven't had hands on experience yet but it sounds like the site and Member services needs a complete overhaul.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
MS issues were more of a staffing issue because they've always been helpful when able to get through to them.

I'm hoping there is more to this than some cosmetic and/or authentication changes because those don't seem like changes that would require shutting down for days?

I'm hopeful there are some substantive changes like allowing bookings of transferred points on the website. I'm also hoping there's other stuff, maybe new benefits, that might require some training of CMs and it's overlapping with technical improvements.

At least it's coinciding with a 7 month window for slowish January bookings so hopefully negative effects are minimalized.

Website is supposed to be complete on July 20, which is also the rumored Marathon Weekend registration date so that will be a fun day to bring the website back!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom