Weather at christmas time

I'm wondering also! We are kinda warm blooded and from the midwest so don't want to dress too warm but also don't want to be shivering in shorts.

Shelbss

I was just about to ask the same question! We're from Southern Ontario, and typically go in Septemeber, when its SSSOOO hot. So I'm not sure what to pack...?:confused:

monkeysammich

It really varies. We go from mid seventies some days to mid 40s others... lows getting down to the 20s and 30s overnight. (All Farenheit measurements.) While I consider 60 degrees cold... I've also been in Florida for 28 years...

The cold is a dry cold, so you're better off with light layers than with one big jacket... an undershirt, long sleeve and light jacket is more than enough, usually.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It can be everything from warm to absolutely frigid. It typically if falls in the cool to cold wheelhouse. The best you can do is check the weather before you leave and pack accordingly.

Minnie1976

It could go from warm to cold. I've been there when it was warm and I've been there when it was very cold. Bring clothes you can layer. It could start out cold, warm up during the day, get cold again at night. There is no telling what the weather will do.

quikal

Low 70's during the day tops. Most likely lower to mid 60's
Nights will be anywhere from upper 50's down to around 40.
Little or no wind.

KatMaria

Usually depends on what kind of winter we are having, sometimes Christmas is freezing and sometimes it is in the 70's. My advice is to prepare for either scenario and hope it isnt that cold!

disneygirl1

It really does vary from year to year. Was there is 2008 and the weather was in the 80's the entire time... Went in 2010 during the cold snap that FL had and is was in the 30's and 40's the entire time... Was just there again in 2012 and the weather ranged from the 60's to 70's. My advice is to pack for every seasons weather and to monitor the weather up to the minute that you leave.

hichloe

Like others have already said, it's very changeable. It also depends on where you're from - I'm from England, so there have been days in Florida at Christmas where it's shorts weather for us, but the locals viewed us as crazy.

IAmFloridaBorn

Usually our weather is mild. 60's70's 80's but it can get cold. It usually rains on or near Christmas but for the most part dry, dry air, and sunny. This year it was warm (last few years actually)

party like it's 99

we've gone 4times during Christmas and deffinatly bring jeans and sweatshirts for night, and a sweatshirt during the day. one year they even closed splash mountain because it was "to cold"

Uncle Remus

7th generation Floridian here. When I'm at the parks in the winter time I usually wear Khaki shorts and a short sleeved shirt with a hoodie over it. I also wear a beanie. On the most extreme days it can be in the low 30's at park opening and get up to the high 60's low 70's then back down in the low 30's for the fireworks. I usually shed the beanie and hoodie by midday and "bundle up" again as the sun sets. We bring a Disney fleece blanket or two to cover up during the fireworks and parade. Dress smartly and in layers and you'll be fine.

BoarderPhreak

Beautiful weather usually; 60s to 70s during the day, a bit chilly at night in the 50s (even 40s). Bring a hoodie or fleece for the evenings.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
After a couple of years of living north of the Mason-Dixon line, I found that coming down to Florida in the winter reeked of awesomeness. You may even want to wear shorts if your body chemistry is doing whatever the hell it does during the winter so it doesn't feel so bad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom