Pre-Trip We weren't going until 2020.... yeah right!

I think it's finally time for me to start a PTR.

When: Sept 14th - 16th and Sept 16th - 24th, 2019
Where: All-Stars Movies & POP Century Resort
Why: Because we like you... M-O-U-S-E

Suspects: Susan & Scott (I'm sure Donald will be there again too)

Last edited:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I just want to throw out there that my husband and I really enjoyed our meal at Mama's. I had the steak with the mac and cheese (it had pancetta in it) and it was so good. The steak was tender and flavorful and there was a excellent sauce on it. It was one of my best meals last year and the steak was just as good as the one I had at the Yachtsman Steakhouse. My husband had the saltimboca and loved that too. So personally I think it would be worth keeping. We had only eaten at Mama's once before this, maybe in 2006 or 2008, and the meal was fine but we didn't feel the need until 2018 and even then we were both reluctant. I'm glad we tried it but that's just my two cents.

Rista1313

Original Poster
I just want to throw out there that my husband and I really enjoyed our meal at Mama's. I had the steak with the mac and cheese (it had pancetta in it) and it was so good. The steak was tender and flavorful and there was a excellent sauce on it. It was one of my best meals last year and the steak was just as good as the one I had at the Yachtsman Steakhouse. My husband had the saltimboca and loved that too. So personally I think it would be worth keeping. We had only eaten at Mama's once before this, maybe in 2006 or 2008, and the meal was fine but we didn't feel the need until 2018 and even then we were both reluctant. I'm glad we tried it but that's just my two cents.

After showing hubby the menu again, and making him LOOK at it.... he said that things sounded good... I guess I'll just see what happens... if mousedining finds something... I'll ask him again.... I mentioned to him we should do something NEW... The reason I did book mama's is because you said how much you liked that steak. I think he let's his sister get in his head, and she gets mad because I don't take her suggestions. Not that she isn't allowed to suggest things, but it has been proven time and again that we have very different taste from her...

Swissmiss

Premium Member
After showing hubby the menu again, and making him LOOK at it.... he said that things sounded good... I guess I'll just see what happens... if mousedining finds something... I'll ask him again.... I mentioned to him we should do something NEW... The reason I did book mama's is because you said how much you liked that steak. I think he let's his sister get in his head, and she gets mad because I don't take her suggestions. Not that she isn't allowed to suggest things, but it has been proven time and again that we have very different taste from her...

My philosophy about Disney plans is very similar to baby names: you shouldn’t tell anyone the actual plan until after you have gone. Think about it: who ever says AFTER a baby is born that they don’t like the name but how many people offer their opinion before the baby has arrived? 😉

Rista1313

Original Poster
My philosophy about Disney plans is very similar to baby names: you shouldn’t tell anyone the actual plan until after you have gone. Think about it: who ever says AFTER a baby is born that they don’t like the name but how many people offer their opinion before the baby has arrived? 😉

LOL... too true.

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
Love this!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

And I got the steak after reading all of @Tuvalu 's rave reviews, so if you don't like it blame her! ;):hilarious:😆

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
My opinion: As the planner you get a bigger vote. Eat where YOU want.

Rista1313

Original Poster
I feel you! I want to try new restaurants in August, but every time I mention dining P asks for the same places: BOG breakfast, Ohana and Skipper Canteen. He knows there's at least 50 places I'd like to try but seems perfectly content to eat at the same restaurants every trip!

It has it's good an bad points... you know what to expect each meal, but if you don't try something new, you never add a new restaurant to your list!

Rista1313

Original Poster
Well now... a BOG lunch reservation popped up for our 2nd MK day of the trip... I booked it... I think I'm not very good at this "winging it" part... but I think it's going to be more of a mindset on my part of being flexible when in the moment... we have the reservation, but I can always move it forward in the future and cancel it. Scott really liked the braised pork.......

What the truck?!? So I couldn't remember what he had exactly, so I went to look for it, and no more braised pork? Now they have braised chicken. Nope Nope Nope! I'll hold on to the reservation to see if it comes back on the menu by September. But now I'm thinking we will probably skip it!

krisri18

Well now... a BOG lunch reservation popped up for our 2nd MK day of the trip... I booked it... I think I'm not very good at this "winging it" part... but I think it's going to be more of a mindset on my part of being flexible when in the moment... we have the reservation, but I can always move it forward in the future and cancel it. Scott really liked the braised pork.......

What the truck?!? So I couldn't remember what he had exactly, so I went to look for it, and no more braised pork? Now they have braised chicken. Nope Nope Nope! I'll hold on to the reservation to see if it comes back on the menu by September. But now I'm thinking we will probably skip it!
They changed the menu yesterday I think. Potato leek soup was replaced with a corn bisque. That soup was my favorite lunch and dinner item. *Sigh*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom