Pre-Trip We weren't going until 2020.... yeah right!

I think it's finally time for me to start a PTR.

When: Sept 14th - 16th and Sept 16th - 24th, 2019
Where: All-Stars Movies & POP Century Resort
Why: Because we like you... M-O-U-S-E

Suspects: Susan & Scott (I'm sure Donald will be there again too)

Last edited:

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Why go earlier? Well because we can... we weren't leaving until Monday... and then I was thinking... well why are we waiting until Monday? We are going to sit around all weekend anticipating Monday... let's leave on Saturday!

Or do you mean why do they call it the vacation creep? Because your "creeping" in extra days into your vacation.

No I'm a Project Manager, I understand creep LOL

That's a great idea! You definitely would have been sitting around anticipating Monday.

Janir

I think it's finally time for me to start a PTR.

When: Sept 14th - 16th and Sept 16th - 24th, 2019
Where: All-Stars Movies & POP Century Resort
Why: Because we like you... M-O-U-S-E

Suspects: Susan & Scott (I'm sure Donald will be there again too)

View attachment 348952
Well if one can start a pre-trip report plans thread for a September 2019 trip, I'm gonna have to get on the stick and get my own pre-trip plans report posted up soon.

Janir

I've been holding onto dates for awhile, thinking it may or may not happen, and then Free dining came out early, I was able to change dates to September and decided it's happening! Our original dates were over the end of October, the first week of November. That way we could go to a Halloween party, which hubby wanted to do, and I could see the Xmas decorations. As I said, free dining came out, and our dates were truly flexible, so we decided to take advantage. I think it works better anyway, the original dates we had were a run disney weekend, and butting up to Jersey week... and we'd rather go when it's a little calmer.

We upgraded our free dining to the DDP, but we are trying something different this time... we are making 2 dining reservations... just 2, and winging the rest... that's right, you heard me, we are WINGING it! I have been checking the app every day, each day I check for reservations for that day and the next... there always seems to be a good selection, so I'm not too worried about it.

Update: Added Sept 14th-16th at all Star Movies - No park tickets for these days
Sept 16th Monday - This was an add on day I couldn't get with the free dining package, so it'll be a swim, maybe walk over to AOA to check out their food court, wait for groceries kinda day.
Sept 17th - Tuesday - Not sure what we are going to do in the AM, but we have Tickets for MNSSHP for the evening, so you'll find us in the MK
Sept 18th - Wednesday - Epcot - Food & Wine Kiosks for lunch
Sept 19th - Thursday - Hollywood Studios
Sept 20th - Friday - Epcot - Been wanting to try Tangierine Cafe for lunch.. hopefully this day
Sept 21st - Saturday - Day off - Disney Springs and Hoop Dee Doo
Sept 22nd - Sunday - Animal Kingdom - I'll have a $25 Landrys credit for my birthday month, so maybe we'll get some Tuna nachos from Yak & Yeti for lunch
Sept 23rd - Monday - Magic Kingdom - by god I'm gonna get that Lobster roll at CHH if it's the last thing I do! - and our 2nd reservation, Storybook dining
Sept 24th - Tuesday - Magical Express around noon, but we will have a park ticket, so we will have to decide where we wanna go for the morning.

I'm really looking forward to this trip. For those that haven't read my previous trip, we will have a Scooter for Scott, and this time I will not have a broken hand!

My goal is to SLOW DOWN this trip.. and take in more I hope.
Looks like a fun plan! Want to see how it plays out for you.

KellBelle

I miss working travel so much, but I needed more money to afford a house, etc. I got laid off after 9/11.

I worked for ML, BF, and JI. And Maritz Travel.
My husband was active duty military, so I needed something that took little schooling and I could take most anywhere since we moved a lot. I was fortunate to always be able to find a travel job, no matter where we moved to. I worked for HP in Nebraska and that was by far the most fun job I have ever had! Corporate is okay. Right now, I work for a company in their travel office vs an agency, so it is VERY nice to just work one account instead of 15-30 at one time! :)

Rista1313

Original Poster
My husband was active duty military, so I needed something that took little schooling and I could take most anywhere since we moved a lot. I was fortunate to always be able to find a travel job, no matter where we moved to. I worked for HP in Nebraska and that was by far the most fun job I have ever had! Corporate is okay. Right now, I work for a company in their travel office vs an agency, so it is VERY nice to just work one account instead of 15-30 at one time! :)

I knew when I was 10 that I wanted to work for the airlines, so I went straight to travel school after I graduated high school. I loved every minute of it. Sometimes I think about doing something part time just to scratch that travel itch. For now I just travel as much as possible!

KellBelle

I knew when I was 10 that I wanted to work for the airlines, so I went straight to travel school after I graduated high school. I loved every minute of it. Sometimes I think about doing something part time just to scratch that travel itch. For now I just travel as much as possible!
LOL yeah, I'd just keep traveling, that's a great call! 🤣 I like what I do, but it can be challenging at times and it definitely is not the same as back when I started. So many agencies doing corp now are home based, so you might be able to easily get a part time gig.. I actually work for the company I book for and not an agency, that is FAR preferred.

My airline is now defunct also, I worked for HP. Well, technically, it is now AA, but I really do miss HP!

krisri18

Rista1313

Original Poster
LOL yeah, I'd just keep traveling, that's a great call! 🤣 I like what I do, but it can be challenging at times and it definitely is not the same as back when I started. So many agencies doing corp now are home based, so you might be able to easily get a part time gig.. I actually work for the company I book for and not an agency, that is FAR preferred.

My airline is now defunct also, I worked for HP. Well, technically, it is now AA, but I really do miss HP!

My ex husband worked for America West at ORD in the early 90’s

Tom 55

I've been holding onto dates for awhile, thinking it may or may not happen, and then Free dining came out early, I was able to change dates to September and decided it's happening! Our original dates were over the end of October, the first week of November. That way we could go to a Halloween party, which hubby wanted to do, and I could see the Xmas decorations. As I said, free dining came out, and our dates were truly flexible, so we decided to take advantage. I think it works better anyway, the original dates we had were a run disney weekend, and butting up to Jersey week... and we'd rather go when it's a little calmer.

We upgraded our free dining to the DDP, but we are trying something different this time... we are making 2 dining reservations... just 2, and winging the rest... that's right, you heard me, we are WINGING it! I have been checking the app every day, each day I check for reservations for that day and the next... there always seems to be a good selection, so I'm not too worried about it.

Update: Added Sept 14th-16th at all Star Movies - No park tickets for these days
Sept 16th Monday - This was an add on day I couldn't get with the free dining package, so it'll be a swim, maybe walk over to AOA to check out their food court, wait for groceries kinda day.
Sept 17th - Tuesday - Not sure what we are going to do in the AM, but we have Tickets for MNSSHP for the evening, so you'll find us in the MK
Sept 18th - Wednesday - Epcot - Food & Wine Kiosks for lunch
Sept 19th - Thursday - Hollywood Studios
Sept 20th - Friday - Epcot - Been wanting to try Tangierine Cafe for lunch.. hopefully this day
Sept 21st - Saturday - Day off - Disney Springs and Hoop Dee Doo
Sept 22nd - Sunday - Animal Kingdom - I'll have a $25 Landrys credit for my birthday month, so maybe we'll get some Tuna nachos from Yak & Yeti for lunch
Sept 23rd - Monday - Magic Kingdom - by god I'm gonna get that Lobster roll at CHH if it's the last thing I do! - and our 2nd reservation, Storybook dining
Sept 24th - Tuesday - Magical Express around noon, but we will have a park ticket, so we will have to decide where we wanna go for the morning.

I'm really looking forward to this trip. For those that haven't read my previous trip, we will have a Scooter for Scott, and this time I will not have a broken hand!

My goal is to SLOW DOWN this trip.. and take in more I hope.

When I was at POP during April vacation I saw that they built the gondola station right on the bridge between POP and AoA. I never went over there to see if you can use the bridge to get to AoA. When magical express dropped us off they went to AoA first and the 2 parking lots are now connected. So we did not have to go out onto the main road as we used to do. We will be at French Quarter 9/9 to 9/17.

Rista1313

Original Poster
When I was at POP during April vacation I saw that they built the gondola station right on the bridge between POP and AoA. I never went over there to see if you can use the bridge to get to AoA. When magical express dropped us off they went to AoA first and the 2 parking lots are now connected. So we did not have to go out onto the main road as we used to do.

From what I understand, a pathway on the bridge is still open. However, come September, I believe the gondola's will be active, and they should have the bridge completely open.

Rista1313

Original Poster
Well geesh... my sister in law was in town this weekend.... and she is the one who got us started down the Disney road... and I was telling her that we are winging it... and then I made the mistake of telling her what I have reserved for ADRs this trip and when I got to Mama Melrose she tore it down... and hubby said... but I want to go to sci-fi diner again, I loved it there... and I liked my food a lot (he had a bbq platter) Now, I specifically remember him saying it was just ok, and the ambiance is what makes it... but I won't argue about that.... so I guess I'm back to looking for a Sci-fi diner reservation around 1230p.. there is a 230pm one, but that's entirely too late for lunch for us. Good grief I should have never changed in the first place I guess. I like sci-fi, I just wanted to try something new!

krisri18

Well geesh... my sister in law was in town this weekend.... and she is the one who got us started down the Disney road... and I was telling her that we are winging it... and then I made the mistake of telling her what I have reserved for ADRs this trip and when I got to Mama Melrose she tore it down... and hubby said... but I want to go to sci-fi diner again, I loved it there... and I liked my food a lot (he had a bbq platter) Now, I specifically remember him saying it was just ok, and the ambiance is what makes it... but I won't argue about that.... so I guess I'm back to looking for a Sci-fi diner reservation around 1230p.. there is a 230pm one, but that's entirely too late for lunch for us. Good grief I should have never changed in the first place I guess. I like sci-fi, I just wanted to try something new!
I feel you! I want to try new restaurants in August, but every time I mention dining P asks for the same places: BOG breakfast, Ohana and Skipper Canteen. He knows there's at least 50 places I'd like to try but seems perfectly content to eat at the same restaurants every trip!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom