Pre-Trip We weren't going until 2020.... yeah right!

I think it's finally time for me to start a PTR.

When: Sept 14th - 16th and Sept 16th - 24th, 2019
Where: All-Stars Movies & POP Century Resort
Why: Because we like you... M-O-U-S-E

Suspects: Susan & Scott (I'm sure Donald will be there again too)

Last edited:

LeighM

I bought a very nice matching luggage set from TJ Maxx. Hard sided, spinning wheels, expandable, and very pretty luggage. The problem? The first time I used it, and saw how it was mistreated by the airlines with scratches and dents, etc., I decided to not use it for checked luggage anymore bc I didn't want it to be more damaged LOL. So I bought an equal sized one from American Tourist Disney Line of Donald Duck to use for flights. There was a great sale so I don't feel too bad if it gets banged up.

Rista1313

Original Poster
Got my luggage today! I guess I didn't really realize how big the biggest bag was..... it looks like a small trunk! The thing is huge. But I looked up the allowed dimensions on Southwest, and it's 3 inches smaller than allowed, and 1 inch smaller if I use the 2 inch zipper extension.

krisri18

Got my luggage today! I guess I didn't really realize how big the biggest bag was..... it looks like a small trunk! The thing is huge. But I looked up the allowed dimensions on Southwest, and it's 3 inches smaller than allowed, and 1 inch smaller if I use the 2 inch zipper extension.
Goodness! You may only need to bring the one then!

Rista1313

Original Poster
You can always do what I do - when I fly to my sister’s, I usually put the packed suitcase inside an empty suitcase - because when I fly back home it’s after I’ve been to Target and WDW and that second suitcase comes in handy 😉
WN is 2 free luggage per person, so last year I packed all my disney essentials in 1. Ears, ponchos, sunscreen, etc. That left plenty of room for souvenirs on the way home.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
WN is 2 free luggage per person, so last year I packed all my disney essentials in 1. Ears, ponchos, sunscreen, etc. That left plenty of room for souvenirs on the way home.

I get two free internationally as well - but as it’s usually mostly empty going to my sister’s, it’s just easier to have to deal with the one 😉

Rista1313

Original Poster
Been spending my morning looking at Food & Wine offerings for 2019 Food & Wine, and making myself hungry.

Here's the list of what I want to eat... Hubby probably won't make a list... he likes to be spontaneous

Austrailia
Lamb Chop
Canada
Cheddar Cheese Soup with Preztel Bun
Filet Mignon
Coastal Eats
Baked Shrimp Scampi dip (whole booth looks good)
Ireland
Warm Irish Cheddar Cheese & Stout dip with brown bread
Warm Chocolate pudding
Hops & Barley
Lobster Roll
Spain
Charcuterie in a cone
Hawai'i
Tuna Tataki
Japan
Teriyaki Chicken Bun
France
Grand Marnier slushee
Wine & Dine Studio
1 of everything!

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Been spending my morning looking at Food & Wine offerings for 2019 Food & Wine, and making myself hungry.

Here's the list of what I want to eat... Hubby probably won't make a list... he likes to be spontaneous

Austrailia
Lamb Chop
Canada
Cheddar Cheese Soup with Preztel Bun
Filet Mignon
Coastal Eats
Baked Shrimp Scampi dip (whole booth looks good)
Ireland
Warm Irish Cheddar Cheese & Stout dip with brown bread
Warm Chocolate pudding
Hops & Barley
Lobster Roll
Spain
Charcuterie in a cone
Hawai'i
Tuna Tataki
Japan
Teriyaki Chicken Bun
France
Grand Marnier slushee
Wine & Dine Studio
1 of everything!

The Mariner Slushee is AMAZING. I think we had 4 or 5 during our last trip. They made standing in line for princesses more fun, LOL. Grab a slushee, get in line. Grab a slushee, get in line...

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Because of you, I've looked over the menus (and subsequently already ate my afternoon snack because they made me hungry. Here's what I'm interested in:

Wine and Dine
  • Butternut Squash Ravioli
Active Eats
  • Spice Crusted Salmon with warm Lentil Power Salad
Australia
  • Yellow Cake dipped in Chocolate and Shredded Coconut
China
  • Xi’an Pancake with Beef
  • Chicken Dumplings with Chinese Slaw
  • Beijing Roasted Duck Bao Bun
Coastal Eats
  • Lump Crab Cake with Napa Cabbage Slaw
  • Seared Scallops with Roasted Corn
Flavors from Fire
  • Chimichurri Skirt Steak on Smoked Corn Cake
Greece
  • Phyllo Dough Strudel with Sweet Vanilla Custard
Ireland
  • Irish Cheddar Cheese and Stout Dip with Brown Bread
Islands of the Caribbean
  • Puff Pastry with Sweetened Cream Cheese and Guava Sauce
Japan
  • Teriyaki Chicken Bun
Morocco
  • Chocolate Baklava

Rista1313

Original Poster
Because of you, I've looked over the menus (and subsequently already ate my afternoon snack because they made me hungry. Here's what I'm interested in:

Wine and Dine
  • Butternut Squash Ravioli
Active Eats
  • Spice Crusted Salmon with warm Lentil Power Salad
Australia
  • Yellow Cake dipped in Chocolate and Shredded Coconut
China
  • Xi’an Pancake with Beef
  • Chicken Dumplings with Chinese Slaw
  • Beijing Roasted Duck Bao Bun
Coastal Eats
  • Lump Crab Cake with Napa Cabbage Slaw
  • Seared Scallops with Roasted Corn
Flavors from Fire
  • Chimichurri Skirt Steak on Smoked Corn Cake
Greece
  • Phyllo Dough Strudel with Sweet Vanilla Custard
Ireland
  • Irish Cheddar Cheese and Stout Dip with Brown Bread
Islands of the Caribbean
  • Puff Pastry with Sweetened Cream Cheese and Guava Sauce
Japan
  • Teriyaki Chicken Bun
Morocco
  • Chocolate Baklava

The Ravioli almost made the list too... the duck is for sure something Hubby will want!

Rista1313

Original Poster
Well @lostpro9het is right... #vacationcreepisreal and today, I ended up adding 2 more nights to the front end of the vacation.... so now we are doing a split stay 2 nights at all star Movies, and the 8 nights at POP. We won't have park tickets for the first 2.5 days... eeek... but I'm thinking this will be a nice time to wind down and relax... pool it up, and maybe Mini Golf, Disney Springs, etc. And we are going to be "on the cheap" those first few days, so maybe we can take an uber to publix and get some subs, a few breakfast things, etc. I planned on putting a Prime Now order in when we got to POP for water, milk, breakfast stuff, etc... I think it would be too tough to try to haul it from Movies to POP.

Last edited:

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Well @lostpro9het is right... #vacationcreepisreal and today, I ended up adding 2 more nights to the front end of the vacation.... so now we are doing a split stay 2 nights at all star music, and the 8 nights at POP. We won't have park tickets for the first 3.5 days... eeek... but I'm thinking this will be a nice time to wind down and relax... pool it up, and maybe Mini Golf, Disney Springs, etc. And we are going to be "on the cheap" those first few days, so maybe we can take an uber to publix and get some subs, a few breakfast things, etc. I planned on putting a Prime Now order in when we got to POP for water, milk, breakfast stuff, etc... I think it would be too tough to try to haul it from Movies to POP.

That's exciting! Just out of curiosity, why the creep?

Rista1313

Original Poster
That's exciting! Just out of curiosity, why the creep?

Why go earlier? Well because we can... we weren't leaving until Monday... and then I was thinking... well why are we waiting until Monday? We are going to sit around all weekend anticipating Monday... let's leave on Saturday!

Or do you mean why do they call it the vacation creep? Because your "creeping" in extra days into your vacation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom