Trip Report (Completed)We tried to walk but you walk like a sloth.

Our family is heading back to WDW!
A9197979-7C44-4994-9CD7-60C6CF3C3CFB.jpeg
Top to bottom, left to right. Me, Hubby😍, Bear, Ninja, Jet and Handsome.

After a three year hiatus Paca and Grandma will be joining us again. We are all so excited!
5F2A0E6F-CCFA-4A19-B592-A9878E5BFB99.jpeg
221D14A3-664C-4A8D-85DC-B53245DDA631.jpeg

I never thought I would purposely plan a Spring break trip however with swimming, soccer, hockey, school and work to work around. It was the best we could do.

I had sticker shock when we looked at room and decided to do a split stay so we could get standard rooms at each resort.

April 8-12 Contemporary-garden wing
April 12-15 Yachtsman- standard

We are looking forward to walking to Magic Kingdom from the Contemporary. That’s our favorite part of that resort. The kids are SOOOOO excited for Strormalong Bay!!! We wanted to stay the whole trip at Beach Club but we waited too long so 3 nights at the Yachtsman was our compromise for my little fish!

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
Oooh….maybe our paths will cross on your arrival day? 🤞🏻

You’ll be staying at the Yacht Club….unless the steakhouse has beds. 😉

Yay! That would be fantastic.

Haha my senior trip in high school was at a hotel named “ The Yachtsman” at Myrtle Beach🤦🏼‍♀️.I keep calling the Yacht Club by this name. Hopefully it will stick in my brain before too long!!!!

Last edited:

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
Our loose plans (subject to change based on ADR’s)

April 8th- Arrival our flight lands at 7:30( Uber or reserve a car? Anyone have an opinion on which is faster?) we are hoping to quickly take our luggage to the Contemporary and hightail it to Magic Kingdom.

April 9th- Surprise exciting day that fingers crossed works out. More details in the next post.

April 10th- Hollywood Studios

April 11th- Epcot

April 12th-switch resorts/pool day

April 13th-Magic Kingdom

April 14- Animal Kingdom

April 15- Hollywood Studios flight home at 6:45pm

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
Details on April 9th.

At my Hubby’s annual partners meeting I was sitting next to one of the partners who is a Florida native. We discovered our mutual love for WDW. Turns out he has a Golden Oaks home and is a member of Club 33. Anyways long story short he wants to take us on a private tour during our trip!!! He can’t make reservation until 60 days out so it may all fall apart but if it works out we will be doing a character meal breakfast at the Four Seasons followed by a 7 hour private tour. This is obviously a once in a lifetime opportunity for our family so we have kept it quiet from the kids in case it doesn’t happen.

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
This trip we decided on a few fan favorites that we want to book as far as ADR’s Cinderella’s Royal Table, Sanaa, Beaches and Cream.

Other than that we are hoping to try out some new ones.
Skipper Canteen, Space 220 and Al Smith’s homecoming.

My sister in law went over Christmas and really struggled getting ADR’s. We all really need that downtime so I am hoping to get at least one for each day.

If you read our Memorial Day trip report

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/first-6-pack-vaca.973128/

You will see a theme of certain members of our six pack (ahem Ninja and Handsome) struggling with the heat and wait times. Benefit of grandparents coming is that we will have enough people to split up and head back to the pool if someone desires!

dovetail65

Our family is heading back to WDW!View attachment 615559Top to bottom, left to right. Me, Hubby😍, Bear, Ninja, Jet and Handsome.

After a three year hiatus Paca and Grandma will be joining us again. We are all so excited!View attachment 615560View attachment 615561
I never thought I would purposely plan a Spring break trip however with swimming, soccer, hockey, school and work to work around. It was the best we could do.

I had sticker shock when we looked at room and decided to do a split stay so we could get standard rooms at each resort.

April 8-12 Contemporary-garden wing
April 12-15 Yachtsman- standard

We are looking forward to walking to Magic Kingdom from the Contemporary. That’s our favorite part of that resort. The kids are SOOOOO excited for Strormalong Bay!!! We wanted to stay the whole trip at Beach Club but we waited too long so 3 nights at the Yachtsman was our compromise for my little fish!
Glad to see another larger party having fun. We alternated trips over the years going from 8 of us and as kids grew older to 6, then 4. My wife and I were lucky enough to be able to go ourselves many times in between the full family trips. We loved all the trips, but the ones where we just brought 4 of the kids and they were all teens were the best.

The memories you are making look fantastic and getting me pumped for my our next two trips. My wife and are going Feb 1 to March 4th and 4 of the kids became free to go May 16th to May 23rd. It is so weird going from coordinating taking 6 kids out of school(something we always found worked best for us verse School breaks) to now trying to coordinate all their jobs and college schedules with 3 kids living out of state.

Continue having fun and go as many times as you are able. I am sure many have told you this before, them growing up goes so very fast. The best thing to me is my youngest, the 19 year old twins, still get that gleam in their eye's at certain times when at WDW and the memories come flooding back.

I Hope your next trip is as great as this trip looked to be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom