Trip Report (Completed)We tried to walk but you walk like a sloth.

Our family is heading back to WDW!
A9197979-7C44-4994-9CD7-60C6CF3C3CFB.jpeg
Top to bottom, left to right. Me, Hubby😍, Bear, Ninja, Jet and Handsome.

After a three year hiatus Paca and Grandma will be joining us again. We are all so excited!
5F2A0E6F-CCFA-4A19-B592-A9878E5BFB99.jpeg
221D14A3-664C-4A8D-85DC-B53245DDA631.jpeg

I never thought I would purposely plan a Spring break trip however with swimming, soccer, hockey, school and work to work around. It was the best we could do.

I had sticker shock when we looked at room and decided to do a split stay so we could get standard rooms at each resort.

April 8-12 Contemporary-garden wing
April 12-15 Yachtsman- standard

We are looking forward to walking to Magic Kingdom from the Contemporary. That’s our favorite part of that resort. The kids are SOOOOO excited for Strormalong Bay!!! We wanted to stay the whole trip at Beach Club but we waited too long so 3 nights at the Yachtsman was our compromise for my little fish!

Adventure

Great job on the dining reservations! Which dessert party are you doing? It looks like there are 3 options, one where you sit, eat and watch the fireworks, one where you eat desserts and then go stand in a reserved spot for fireworks and a third where you stand for the fireworks and then go to the dessert section after. I will be booking one of these for May. Obviously the one with seats for the whole event are a little more but I can't decide which of the other two is a better choice.

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
Great job on the dining reservations! Which dessert party are you doing? It looks like there are 3 options, one where you sit, eat and watch the fireworks, one where you eat desserts and then go stand in a reserved spot for fireworks and a third where you stand for the fireworks and then go to the dessert section after. I will be booking one of these for May. Obviously the one with seats for the whole event are a little more but I can't decide which of the other two is a better choice.
I went back and forth on which one to do too. I read a review of the seated one that if you have a large party (which we do) they won’t seat you along the rail. With kids I knew that wouldn’t work for us since they would be upset they couldn’t see the show. I ultimately choose the dessert before because our family has so many late night ride memories. I want to give us a chance to squeeze in that one last ride.😄. I’ll let you know what we though after. May is my fovorite month to visit WDW so enjoy.

Adventure

I went back and forth on which one to do too. I read a review of the seated one that if you have a large party (which we do) they won’t seat you along the rail. With kids I knew that wouldn’t work for us since they would be upset they couldn’t see the show. I ultimately choose the dessert before because our family has so many late night ride memories. I want to give us a chance to squeeze in that one last ride.😄. I’ll let you know what we though after. May is my fovorite month to visit WDW so enjoy.
Thanks! We did the Frozen dessert party for Illuminations a few years ago and having seats was great but we're leaning towards standing and then dessert. Enjoy!

youngdeb

We did the HEA Dessert party pre-COVID and did the "before fireworks" garden seating. Would do it again in an instant. Lots of room to spread out and a great view of the fireworks. We definitely weren't one of the first groups to claim spots either. It's nice to fit in a few rides and wait out the mass exodus after the fireworks.

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
We did the HEA Dessert party pre-COVID and did the "before fireworks" garden seating. Would do it again in an instant. Lots of room to spread out and a great view of the fireworks. We definitely weren't one of the first groups to claim spots either. It's nice to fit in a few rides and wait out the mass exodus after the fireworks.
That is good to know. I went back and forth on which one would be best!

Sbk1234

Our loose plans (subject to change based on ADR’s)

April 8th- Arrival our flight lands at 7:30( Uber or reserve a car? Anyone have an opinion on which is faster?) we are hoping to quickly take our luggage to the Contemporary and hightail it to Magic Kingdom.

April 9th- Surprise exciting day that fingers crossed works out. More details in the next post.

April 10th- Hollywood Studios

April 11th- Epcot

April 12th-switch resorts/pool day

April 13th-Magic Kingdom

April 14- Animal Kingdom

April 15- Hollywood Studios flight home at 6:45pm
Looks like we'll be at Magic Kingdom the same day. Be sure to say hi if you see me.

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
Alright a have had a month of the Disney blues. I couldn’t believe our magical week was behind us. The skies are Grey it’s still cold in Ohio when Hubby says “ Go ahead and plan a long weekend for next year. The kids will want to ride Guardians and Tron.” Just like that. The clouds cleared and everything is right in the world so I am ready to share our most magical trip yet!

We had a busy week with the kids swim championships, father daughter dance and a piano recital. Our flight out was at 5:00am Friday morning so I was up by 2:30am. 4 hours sleep will do it. We are on our way to Disney! Sorry for the blurry car selfie!
56E52AB3-B546-472D-9E46-F8ED6DDE44C9.jpeg

04A371CD-FCBA-4F7C-BCDD-D55B70D7FA3A.jpeg

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
We decided not to rope drop Starbucks since I was hoping to sneak in a few minutes of sleep on the plane. We were talking about food and decided to place our first mobile order of the trip. Sleepy Hollow.
30C041AE-663E-4E22-A514-3288859E89A9.jpeg
99E54970-B6DA-43B7-9B26-1C6D2AA9F5EA.jpeg
06031F39-2C1F-4C0E-8484-D4E7ED39E5DF.jpeg

We boarded ontime however our flight was pretty bouncy. No drinks or snacks were served which made for some grumpy tinies.

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
We arrived and quickly made our way to baggage claim. We wanted to make it to Magic Kingdom as fast as we could.
D9BAB498-9653-4B1E-844F-66ED8D3C0907.jpeg
37D53E53-4C59-4ECB-A374-A3A1255193C2.jpeg
8E4367AF-665D-4781-8911-D80DB57D76CB.jpeg

We grabbed our luggage and called the car service because we couldn’t find our driver. After some confusion the driver found us. Unfortunately he could find the AC the entire ride so it got a bit stuffy!
2C8C967E-248E-4D54-A684-1587BC73E55F.jpeg
F8C50476-3B25-4E24-B671-3FA5DF8FCCB0.jpeg

And finally we were home!
1E535606-FD48-45DF-9E59-3AEC3FB6C6BD.jpeg

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
We made a very quick stop at the Contemporary to drop off our luggage and hustled via the walkway to MK. Security was a breeze and we were walking down Main Street by 9:00am. We had been up since 2:30am with nothing to eat. To say our kids were getting cranky would be an understatement. So we tapped “I’m here” for our waffles.
2D9559FB-2B5B-4455-988D-8288405DD969.jpeg
377EA53A-DCBB-404E-BEDB-E76AAFEFB279.jpeg

I adored mine with the Nutella and bananas. The kids said they would get them without strawberries next time. We had no real agenda this morning so the kids decided to explore the treehouse. With all the stairs our tired legs don’t make it up there every trip.
504C4950-09B1-4960-A911-A60956CBEA8E.jpeg
F03CA8D3-7A91-429A-B2FA-E9583052ADB4.jpeg

TheMouseFan

Yay! So glad you started this report! I can't wait to hear all about your adventures! How exciting that you have another trip already planned! I love those fruit and nutella waffles, good choice for a first Disney meal!!

Katiekitten

I am so glad you've started your report I am looking forward to hearing all about your trip! And your pictures of waffles are making me hungry!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom