We hated Walt Disney World and we're never going back.

daliseurat

It is also true that for some people, a "manufactured" vacation just isn't for them. Besides being manufactured, Disney is also a "busy" vacation.

I am odd, in that if I am vacationing, I either want the manufactured
Disney vacation, or on the other hand prefer low-budget, backpack sort of camping/backwoods/off the beaten path in some country on the other side of the earth type of vacation.

I don't meet many people who like both, they either like the comfort, or the rugged unpredictability. Between Disney trips, I like to dig for dinosaurs in the badlands in a tent, or go off the beaten path and stay in a small town in Mexico. And I love it all!

I'm with you! I can understand people who want a relaxing trip to not enjoy Disney. Although I have had several relaxing days at Disney. But like you for me, I want to be on the move. Disney is great, but I love exploring Mayan ruins and jungles, tooling around old European cities. Just don't stick me on a beach.

imagineer boy

I met someone like that at School once and said he hated WDW because "There were too many kids and no rollercoasters." No advanced planning what so ever...

WDWFREAK53

Try this one on for size.

While in Epcot...a group of people were standing around (looking extremely confused and pointing around)...

I walked over to them and asked if I could help them. The older lady of the group pointed to the monorail and said, "Where do we get on that ride?" :lookaroun

I told her that it was just used for transportation and it circled the park before it went into the station.

Her next question: Do you have to pay to ride it?

My answer: No, all Disney transportation is complimentary.

Then she said, "Between you and I...do you see anything here that really impresses you?"

I said, "I try to get down here from Boston at least 2-3 times a year...yeah, stuff impresses me."

She said, "Like what?"

I said, "Have you gone on Spaceship Earth yet?"

- What's that?

That big golf ball.

- That's a ride?

Yep...the line starts right underneath it.

- Ok, thank you...we'll try that.

I just had my palm meet my forehead and walked away.

fascion216

LOL some people quite simply dont have a clue! :veryconfu i dont understand how you can spend a bunch of money ... and not do any RESEARCH!! :brick: i understand some people dont have the stamina for WDW, some dont have enough time ... but FOR REAL, PEOPLE ... you dont have to do it all in one trip!!! :hammer: Ive been going to WDW since i was 3 months old ... ive been there more times than i can count on my fingers and toes.. (MANY times over!!) and i still havent seen :cool: or done EVERYTHING i would like to do!! but, that doesnt make me discourage or "hateful" :mad: it makes me want to plan another trip .. do it all over again. :p
people are going to have opinions i dont like sometimes .. and we just gotta suck it up and realize .. we arent all the same and we dont all enjoy the same things... and thats a good thing, too. coz i dont need any more people in line for the rides!! :lol:

lighteningqueen

Some people vacation ideas are to rent a 300.00 a night hotel and stay in there reading a book or watching tv. Come on. Vacation should be about doing something so totally different from their regular daily grind at home. My daughters sister-in-law went last year with their senior class as sponsers and they both said they didn't know if they would go back well they wouldn't then all of a sudden they booked a trip for 3 months later with their two little boys in June. Humm didn't like it. Then they went and said thier 3 and 6 year old did not like it. yea right lady then why did you book it again this year. It's like this if my daughter and her husband and kids like it then her sister in law will not but do it behind their backs. They wouldn't want people to think they could have a good time somewhere.

macsmom

I think alot of people just think of WDW as an amusement park. Then, when they get there, they walk headon into a wall of 50,000 other people - half of who thought WDW was just an amusement park.

danna

pilka214

my friend hates disney..... but honestly he hates all theme parks. He's afraid of being tied into a ride without being able to get out in an emergency or something, minor claustrophobia i guess... hates rides and roller coasters.

jonnyc

Everyone has been emphasising 'planning' before the first trip. All we did was watch the free video from Disney and Universal. We had an amazing trip and as you can see from my signature we got hooked. Detailed planning is not a necessity.

Some people don't like the World. These people are mad :hammer:.

Susan Savia

I know folks that won't go because they think its a kids amusement park. I gave up trying to explain what it really is to them and figured, their loss. If I want totally relaxing - then we go to the beach. Disney offers so much that folks just don't understand what it is that draws us to it. People look at me funny when they ask where I'm going on vacation and I tell them, Disney World again. Like, didn't you go there last year???? Well, yeah and I'll be going there next year too! :)

dixiegirl

Ahem. Now that I have your attention!:lol:

What do you say to people when they say this to you? I've run into
a bunch of folks over the years who say this.

Inevitably, what it comes down to is, they went at Christmas or Spring Break or 4th of July, and they did little to no planning.

They get overwhelmed by the crowds, they have young children that melt down and they have no contingency plan. Don't know to go to the pool in the middle of the day. I've talked to people who walked into the parks without ever even looking at a map of attractions!

Whenever someone says to me that they're going, without being rude, or "fannish", I try to give them a couple of simple tips to help make the vacation work for them.

But, for some, it's too late. They've already blown it! I feel badly for them, but whaddayagonnado?

I just ran into a family who said this to me a couple of weeks ago, and thought it might make for interesting chat here. Ah, if only we'd talked before they left.

So true ! And yes you got my attention, I nearly spit my coffee out when I read the title!!
But I agree when you do usually hear about people having a bad time at Disney they don't realize as many do, that Unless your a Disney Adict like us here, many would not know when to go, where to stay, reserve dining if need be..Hence if you go at say summer time, yes its hot and crowded and for some can be horrible...Many don't know when to say "I need a break " and go back to their resort and take a swim or relax a little then go back to the parks.
We do get the "god how can you go back every year?" Every now and then(Not quite as much as before because either people know we're disney nuts or they ask us questions to get info about it)
But like many said to each is own, we get the god "you need a vacation from that kind of vacation", Well not so much anymore because we pace ourselves, its not a marathon anymore, we've been so many times that we take things at our own pace, we know when to go back to our room and relax or go to a water park and such....
To us Disney has everything we could want in a vacation for us as well as our girls, great food, great entertainment, great rides, and lodging....
Its our Happy Place!!!!

September can't come quick enough I need my fix!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom