Pre-Trip We drank the Kool-aid; our first stay as DVC members!

Hello everyone! I've decided to try another trip report since I loved writing my last one! So on this trip is me, Gina, and my husband Scott.
Untitled by gina mah, on Flickr
Untitled by gina mah, on Flickr
Us at Club Villain with the Queen of Hearts on our last trip

So some back ground to our trip...so my parents are DVC members and every trip we've gone on, we've been lucky to be able to use their point to go. Scott and I have been talking for the past 5 years or so that one day we would like to buy our own points. So this past January we went for 10 days with our friends who are also DVC members and raved about being owners non stop. Anyways, we went on a tour and 90 minutes later we are new proud members of DVC with our home resort at Poly! We right away booked a trip for September. Right after we booked, we upgraded our 8 day tickets for an annual pass and bought Tables in Wonderland. So as you can see, we drank the Disney kool-aid !

Some details of our trip (September 16-25):

Sat 9/16 We fly out of Hartford, CT at night and land around 8:30pm. Pick up our rental car and make our way to the Polynesian!

Sun 9/17 This morning we will make a Walmart run, spend the afternoon at the pool possibly. I would love to do the Highway in the Sky Dine around, but at $160 per person...no way! So we decided to do our own...drinks at Poly, then we have a reservation for Citricos, then we end the night at the Top of the World lounge at the Contemporary.

Mon 9/18 MK in the am, Epcot at night with a reservation at Via Napoli

Tues 9/19 Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party, leaving the am open to whatever we feel like that day

Wed 9/20 Epcot in the am...very excited to be a Food and Wine! We haven't been to Food and Wine since our honeymoon 6 years ago, so we're ready to see whats new. Animal Kingdom at night. I'm excited to see Pandora at night! I went in early May with my mom and we were able to go to the passholders preview, so I am ready to see it again, and excited for Scott to see it. We have a fastpass for Rivers of Light, which will be a first for the both of us.

Thurs 9/21 Typhoon Lagoon! We have a dinner ressie at Homecomin' which is one of Scott's favorite restaurants.

Friday 9/22 MK in the morning with BOG for lunch. Our past few trips I haven't been able to get a reservation, but luckily was able to score one this time. At 830, we will be going to see Hoop De Doo for the first time.

Sat 9/23 Right now we have fastpasses for AK in the AM, but we will see how we feel this day and where we want to go

Sun 9/24 Last full day (nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo) Fastpasses in the morning for Epcot, then hit up Food and Wine one last time.

Mon 9/25 9 am flight back home (noooooooooooooooooo)

Okay, well that is our tentative plans for now..they have changed a million times and I'm sure they will change somewhat at sometime!!

lostpro9het

Anyways, we went on a tour and 90 minutes later we are new proud members of DVC with our home resort at Poly! We right away booked a trip for September. Right after we booked, we upgraded our 8 day tickets for an annual pass and bought Tables in Wonderland. So as you can see, we drank the Disney kool-aid !

Some details of our trip (September 16-25):

Welcome Home! We're Poly folk too AND we arrive there the same day you do, just about 12 hours earlier. Try to set some time aside for Trader Sams, its a fun experience.

Have an awesome trip!

geebee721

Original Poster
Welcome Home! We're Poly folk too AND we arrive there the same day you do, just about 12 hours earlier. Try to set some time aside for Trader Sams, its a fun experience.

Have an awesome trip!

Yes we cannot wait to be going to the Poly! We stayed once in 2012 in a room that was very outdated and maintenance had to come in to fix the AC...not a very good first impression! And we are definitely going to be going to Trader Sams! Have an awesome trip as well!!

geebee721

Original Poster
Is this going to be a tag team trip reporting extravaganza!? I love hearing two sides of the same story so if it is, I can't wait!

And yes, that is MORE than enough time to completely overhaul your ADRs

I'm sure our ADRs will change for sure! I'm envious of people that make their reservations and stick to them lol. I tend to overthink everything and change my my constantly!

Billy6

Nice! My wife and I just joined the club too! Just purchased Copper Creek! Parents are DVC members and we've always wanted to do it!

Looking forward to your report!

amjt660

Premium Member
2 people reporting on the same trip at the same time????

Tag Team, back again
Check it to wreck it, let's begin
Party on, party people, let me hear some noise
DC's in the house, jump, jump, rejoice
Says there's a party over here, a party over there
Wave your hands in the air, shake your derriere
These three words mean you're gettin' busy,
Whoomp, there it is

Max

geebee721

Original Poster
Nice! My wife and I just joined the club too! Just purchased Copper Creek! Parents are DVC members and we've always wanted to do it!

Looking forward to your report!

Congrats on Copper Creek! We are hoping to stay here in the future. We actually had our first two nights booked in a one bedroom and there was a glitch in the system and it got cancelled!

MassScott84

Congrats on Copper Creek! We are hoping to stay here in the future. We actually had our first two nights booked in a one bedroom and there was a glitch in the system and it got cancelled!
I had almost forgotten about this. Now the pain comes rushing back... :banghead:

kaitertot5249

I'm sure our ADRs will change for sure! I'm envious of people that make their reservations and stick to them lol. I tend to overthink everything and change my my constantly!
But isn't making and changing ADRs part of the fun?! How else would Disney fanatics like us get through the agonizing 6 months leading up to a trip?

MassScott84

IMG_0081.PNG
Case in point. JUST OVER THE PAST 24 HOURS! And only showing the changes made on my login! This is gonna be a loooong month.:hilarious:

MassScott84

Slight change of plans....
We picked up two nights at VGF for the end of the trip! First time in a 1BR! Great cap to our trip! As if we weren't excited enough already!

amjt660

Premium Member
Pardon my lack of DVC speak but is VGF is Villa Grand Floridian ??
but not sure what 1BR is other than a one bedroom suite???

Either way it sounds great

Max

MassScott84

We're here! Checked it late last night, grabbed a bite at Capt Cook's, then went up to Tambu Lounge for a drink to start off the trip. Today we made it a pool day, enjoyed the Oasis Pool and a couple drinks there. Frosty Pineapple is where it's at!

Tonight we're doing our own monorail crawl. Starting with a drink (noticing a theme?) at Trader Sam's. We've got dinner rez at Citricos after that (first time!). Then capping off the night at Top of the World! Let us know if you're here this week too!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom