We broke down on Jungle Cruise

thomas998

So that happened. It was 95 degrees with no wind blowing whatsoever. However the 2 free fast passes they gave us after the ride more then made up for it! On a side note, our guide Anthony did a fantastic job of entertaining us until we were rescued and towed in!
How long were you stranded? And I feel cheated we got stuck on Small World once and we didn't get anything for the pain and suffering we endured.

KBLovedDisney

How long were you stranded? And I feel cheated we got stuck on Small World once and we didn't get anything for the pain and suffering we endured.
At least on IASW, you got scenery to look at. Try getting stranded in complete darkness listening to the chorus of Imagination, over and over and over again for a solid 15 minutes. That'll break someone.

Dave B

I'm sure that if someone is self-centered enough and unable to comprehend things like mechanical things break down, then they would bully their way into Guest Services and whine and moan enough to get them to give out a pass just to shut them up and get them out of the building. Lately people are just plain despicable. In the meantime those people have missed out on doing something fun because they were busy whining and moaning. Personally I think that terrorists have already infiltrated our society and have put something in the water that creates stupid. Maybe it's in bottled water! Do we really know where that comes from? I didn't think so.
I think goofy was being sarcastic, realistic, but sarcastic

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
What is with the King Louie thing recently? Can someone help me here?

The King Louie/jungle Cruise reference stems back from an inquiry some years ago as to when the Jungle Book overlay was removed from the Jungle Cruise and a forum member seeming to recall King Louie being a part of the attraction.
@hakunamatata was being nice by leaving out the best part which was this person's absolute refusal to believe that King Louie (among other things) was never in the Jungle Cruise.

thomas998

At least on IASW, you got scenery to look at. Try getting stranded in complete darkness listening to the chorus of Imagination, over and over and over again for a solid 15 minutes. That'll break someone.
Total darkness would have been acceptable if we could have just had them turn off the small world song.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

I've always wondered what would happen if you broke down on an upside down loop like in Aerosmith or Everest. I mean like right, smack dab, in the middle where you were suspended upside down. I really hope that's never happened to anyone.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I've always wondered what would happen if you broke down on an upside down loop like in Aerosmith or Everest. I mean like right, smack dab, in the middle where you were suspended upside down. I really hope that's never happened to anyone.

That wouldn't be fun on RnR. But you're never upside down on Everest, just backwards. 😉

ToTBellHop

I always take it for granite that skippers are able to wing it when boats end up dead tired. Glad you made it out a head and no one had to put their trunks on. Hope they eventually got the boat to turn over with a monkey wrench or a quick call to Triple Ape.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I've actually always thought there was a loop when you went backwards in the dark and I've rode that a million times. LOL!

While that would be awesome, it would wreck the "you're in a train" feel of the ride since you'd need shoulder restraints like RnR.

Goofyernmost

It doesn’t wreck the “you’re in a limo” part of the ride on RNR to have shoulder restraints.
Yea, and it didn't bother anyone that there were shoulder restraints on Stitch's Great Escape. Wait, yes it did because they had no purpose at all other then to prevent you from making an early exit from the show. So, sorry, I guess it did bother people when they weren't needed for anything real.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom