Trip Report We are venturing outside our comfort zones and hoping the reward is worth it!! April 11 -23, 2021

Hello! I am, again, going to attempt to do a semi livish trip report and then fill in the details when I return. Like Rapunzel, when we made these plans, I definitely was taking a leap a faith! I, like all of us, have had a long year. We are DVC members and it was time to use the points. It is that simple. I can't tell you how thrilled I am now!

The cast remains the same! Den (my husband), Deighton(me), Hunter (16), Camden (9), and Brinley (5 and starts kindergarten in the fall). Some of us are a lot taller and some of us wider...

20190605_104920.jpg

We fly Southwest out of Pittsburgh early Sunday morning and land in Orlando around 10:15am.( I feel like I struck gold with 2 nonstop flights!) Then we head to the home where animals belong, a one bedroom villa at Animal Kingdom Lodge until April 19th. Then we move to Cabana Bay Beach Resort until the 23rd. Universal is a whole new world for us. Any advice for the entire length of stay is welcome!

I will be posting our plans soon! Thanks for reading! Another big thank you to those of you who posted, happy, positive thoughts and reports during these crazy times. It definitely kept time moving forward and hope alive. It keeps me smiling and tearing up to see your children growing up on this platform! Happy Thursday everyone!!

littleroo

Original Poster
Some lobster bisque for Brin and I. Brin loves to dunk French fries in crab or lobster bisque. Who knew!! Den had an octopus tree! Cam, yep you guessed it, chicken fingers and french fries.
20210420_140026.jpg
20210420_140046.jpg
20210420_135556.jpg
Gratefully we were seated right next to a large aquarium!

After 24 hours here, the food is definitely better in Disney!! It is not bad here just slightly above average. Our meals were spectacular this trip in Disney!
20210420_135609.jpg

Attachments

• 20210420_140016.jpg
    20210420_140016.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

littleroo

Original Poster
I feel a bit like Darth Vader. I am ever so slowly turning to the dark side. Not fully by any means! There is no replacing Epcot or Animal Kingdom!! The views and atmosphere there are incredible. This is very much sensory overload! There is something new to see with every step. This can be good and bad. I find it to be thrilling but not relaxing!

I can see why people come for 2 days and move on. Once you have been here you know what you like and want to experience. I find Islands of Adventure to be very water based. You get a little wet just about everywhere. In Universal Studios everything is 3D and even 4D oriented for the most part. Most rides in both parks are longer than in Disney.

A lot of rides require that all your belongings go in lockers. There are 2 different sizes. The larger ones are 2 dollars and look...
20210420_122633.jpg

My thoughts are my own based on only 2 days here with low crowds and rainy weather. They are just observations.

Oh..a major bonus to the Deathstar is the wifi is wonderful!!

Sillysidewalker

I feel a bit like Darth Vader. I am ever so slowly turning to the dark side. Not fully by any means! There is no replacing Epcot or Animal Kingdom!! The views and atmosphere there are incredible. This is very much sensory overload! There is something new to see with every step. This can be good and bad. I find it to be thrilling but not relaxing!

I can see why people come for 2 days and move on. Once you have been here you know what you like and want to experience. I find Islands of Adventure to be very water based. You get a little wet just about everywhere. In Universal Studios everything is 3D and even 4D oriented for the most part. Most rides in both parks are longer than in Disney.

A lot of rides require that all your belongings go in lockers. There are 2 different sizes. The larger ones are 2 dollars and look...View attachment 550794

My thoughts are my own based on only 2 days here with low crowds and rainy weather. They are just observations.

Oh..a major bonus to the Deathstar is the wifi is wonderful!!
Do any of you suffer motion sickness? It was terrible for me on our Trip back in November to Universal. There are soooo many screen based rides I couldn’t handle it. The lockers and the metal detectors were a PITA. However I love the Harry Potter areas (Hagrid’s is my favorite) for me they are hard to top. We loved the Chocolate Emporium if you looking for more dining ideas.

littleroo

Original Poster
Do any of you suffer motion sickness? It was terrible for me on our Trip back in November to Universal. There are soooo many screen based rides I couldn’t handle it. The lockers and the metal detectors were a PITA. However I love the Harry Potter areas (Hagrid’s is my favorite) for me they are hard to top. We loved the Chocolate Emporium if you looking for more dining ideas.
We are trying to get reservations at the Chocolate Emporium. We may just walk up tomorrow night or Thursday afternoon. I heard the milkshakes are incredible. We are really trying to find great food like at Disney and it is not happening so far.

I 100 percent agree with you about the motion sickness, especially after eating lunch, I was starting to feel queasy! I wish the rides in each park had a little variety if that makes sense. I didn't even tell Den I was feeling off because I didn't want it to effect the kids thoughts!

Thanks for the input and keep it coming!

littleroo

Original Poster
We are also spoiled in terms of hotels that we have stayed at in Disney and other places. We are certainly not in a food prison but a small city that feels lonely. Den is not comfortable in his pool chair!
20210420_185000.jpg
Pool bars are not open because it rained hours ago so the only bar serving is the bowling alley bar. Then you have to go find somewhere to sit.
20210420_184723.jpg
I wanted to go back to City Walk but everyone voted to stay here. I guess it is for the best! Tomorrow is like ROTR but for Hagrids.

Sillysidewalker

We are trying to get reservations at the Chocolate Emporium. We may just walk up tomorrow night or Thursday afternoon. I heard the milkshakes are incredible. We are really trying to find great food like at Disney and it is not happening so far.

I 100 percent agree with you about the motion sickness, especially after eating lunch, I was starting to feel queasy! I wish the rides in each park had a little variety if that makes sense. I didn't even tell Den I was feeling off because I didn't want it to effect the kids thoughts!

Thanks for the input and keep it coming!
Voodoo donuts. Mobile order on your way to the parks and then pick up on you way in.

Attachments

• 4D5210D8-1484-457C-96FC-987C19075E61.jpeg
    4D5210D8-1484-457C-96FC-987C19075E61.jpeg
    114.6 KB · Views: 40

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom