Trip Report We are venturing outside our comfort zones and hoping the reward is worth it!! April 11 -23, 2021

Hello! I am, again, going to attempt to do a semi livish trip report and then fill in the details when I return. Like Rapunzel, when we made these plans, I definitely was taking a leap a faith! I, like all of us, have had a long year. We are DVC members and it was time to use the points. It is that simple. I can't tell you how thrilled I am now!

The cast remains the same! Den (my husband), Deighton(me), Hunter (16), Camden (9), and Brinley (5 and starts kindergarten in the fall). Some of us are a lot taller and some of us wider...

20190605_104920.jpg

We fly Southwest out of Pittsburgh early Sunday morning and land in Orlando around 10:15am.( I feel like I struck gold with 2 nonstop flights!) Then we head to the home where animals belong, a one bedroom villa at Animal Kingdom Lodge until April 19th. Then we move to Cabana Bay Beach Resort until the 23rd. Universal is a whole new world for us. Any advice for the entire length of stay is welcome!

I will be posting our plans soon! Thanks for reading! Another big thank you to those of you who posted, happy, positive thoughts and reports during these crazy times. It definitely kept time moving forward and hope alive. It keeps me smiling and tearing up to see your children growing up on this platform! Happy Thursday everyone!!

littleroo

Original Poster
Thank you everyone for following. I hope not to disappoint!

We did not purchase Hopper passes. We found with 2 of the kids being young, we really don't get our moneys worth. We also hit the parks at open, take a break in the afternoon, and head back out. DS is not high on our lists of priorities. The kids love it but with everything I am reading, they are lucky enough, that there will be other times.

April 11 -high tail it to Animal Kingdom Lodge to drop off her luggage and hope for a room ready. Thunderstorms are expected right now but that is not stopping us from bussing to Epcot. We have an, early for us, dinner reservation at 5pm for all of 5 of us at La Hacienda.

Let me pause here to explain why I say the 5 of us. Hunter will be absent during the day in the parks Monday through Friday because the poor, highly intelligent, soul chose not do homework online since September...I could go on but you can probably feel my anger. Of course I told him everyday, you will regret this long term and short term but what do I know...You live with the consequences son!

Camden chose an online program that runs through the school so I teach him everyday since September. To all those teachers out there, THANK YOU!! You are angels!! I can not wait for Memorial weekend😁 Having said that, it has been time that I will cherish for the rest of my life. Cam has done exceedingly well and is ahead of the game so we just have some odds and ends to keep up with.

littleroo

Original Poster
schedule cont.

April 12-Animal Kingdom (believe it or not, the kids favorite park with their favorite restaurant and store)
11:45 Rainforest Cafe....enough said...
6:30 Tiffins❤❤❤
We have to head back after lunch to meet up with instacarts arrival and grab Hunter.

April 13- Epcot(Den, Hunter, and my favorite and the kids second favorite!)
7pm San Angel

April 14-HS
Noon Brown Derby
7pm Oga Cantina❤

April 15- MK
12:30 Grand Floridian Cafe
6:30 Skipper Canteen ❤

April 16-AK
Noon Yak and Yeti
7:00 Sanaa

April 17- DS/pool day
Noon Art Smith's Homecoming
7:00 Bluezoo (trying to find an other ADR still for a resort meal)

April 18- Epcot
Noon Tutto Italia
Pack for our move to Universal the next day

I promise at the point we arrive, there will be lots of pictures and fun! This is also like a mini diary for me that I can look back on and see what we did! I am crazy busy for now trying to get everything done and organized! You all get it!!

Songbird76

Don't eat at Monsters Cafe in Universal....even for fast food it was BAD. We found food at Universal diappointing in general, but we didn't do any TS restaurants there except the minion breakfast at the Royal Pacific, which was where we stayed anyway. But the Monsters Cafe food was inedible. We ended up throwing most of it away untouched and went somewhere else.

The food at the Three Broomsticks in WWoHP was excellent. I don't know what's open at the moment, but if that one is open, it's a solid choice.

littleroo

Original Poster
Don't eat at Monsters Cafe in Universal....even for fast food it was BAD. We found food at Universal diappointing in general, but we didn't do any TS restaurants there except the minion breakfast at the Royal Pacific, which was where we stayed anyway. But the Monsters Cafe food was inedible. We ended up throwing most of it away untouched and went somewhere else.

The food at the Three Broomsticks in WWoHP was excellent. I don't know what's open at the moment, but if that one is open, it's a solid choice.
Thank you for the advice on Universal!! I need all the help I can get! We are worried that the 5 and 9 year old won't enjoy it because they are not fast roller coaster fans. They hated the barnstormer.

You know me too well. Food is our gig! We have adrs at Mythos, Bice, Lombardi, and Cowsushi (something like that). I have no ideas about quick service so this helps!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom