WDWMagic "What College Is Testtrack321 Going To?" Pool!

Where Will He Go?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gobuckeye@wdw

Account Suspended
Well.................... I think you know what I'm going to say. Go to: The Ohio State University. If you are looking for a AWESOME BUSINESS PROGRAM, Fisher College of Business is the 14th best business school in America. You should visit it someday!!! It is absolutely amazing!!!! The complex was just completely finished a year ago and the whole complex is amazing!!!!!!

Anyway, if you are not interested in OSU, which I have no idea why you wouldn't be, I would recommend Miami of Ohio. I have a couple friends who go there are they LOVE IT!!!! It is a VERY QUIET school from what I have heard, and is probably one of the best schools in OHIO. (other than OSU of course) But.............. I'd say if (when) you get into Case ( which could happen, I knew a kid who had a 3.4 and a 1200 or something on the SAT and got in!!!!) you should HIGHLY CONSIDER going there!!! Seriously, I can honestly say that it is the BEST school in the Midwest!!!!!

Anyway, good luck with your search. Trust me, I hated it too!!! I'm just glad I made the right decision!!!! But....... don't worry to much about it, it is just your entire LIFE!!!!:lol: Just KIDDING!!!!

TAC

Question: Why does your choice of college need to have a good business, liberal arts, and/or art program, if your major is going to be Engineering ? If you want Engineering/Computer Science, then pick a good engineering school.
:wave:

Did you look at Drexel University ?

Testtrack321

Original Poster
TAC said:
Question: Why does your choice of college need to have a good business, liberal arts, and/or art program, if your major is going to be Engineering ? If you want Engineering/Computer Science, then pick a good engineering school.
:wave:

Did you look at Drexel University ?

I don't want to be surrounded by ONLY engineering types. Plus, what if I want to change? I'm very creative, but I want to be an engineer.

As for Drexel, I did, but it's not what I'm looking for.

Indy95

Taking AP classes really doesn't mean all that much in terms of getting into better schools. I have a friend who took more AP classes than I did (I took four), but still had sub-standard GPA and SAT scores (3.0 and 1190), so he didn't get some of the schools he was looking for. AP course don't help you get into better colleges; actually they work more effectively if you attend a college that has a lower AP standard. Because OU has a realtively low AP standard, I have so many AP hours that I can skip an entire quarter of classes (which I plan on doing this fall and attend the WDWCP), and still be able to complete a major and a minor in four years. So don't think colleges look at AP that closely!

Indy95

Ah, so THAT'S why you're not too hopeful on WDWCP. Well, hopefully a loophole will surface and you can join me in line at M:S (or Soarin, or Everest). :cool:

Testtrack321

Original Poster
Remember this thread?

Yes, the decision has been made!!!

I was accepted to Miami University, Wooster, & University of Dayton!
I was wait listed at Villanova and Case Western Reserve!
I was rejected at JMU!

And I have made my decision!

Only ONE person has correctly guessed where I am going! It's the UNIVERSITY OF DAYTON! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Indy95

Testtrack321 said:
Remember this thread?

Yes, the decision has been made!!!

I was accepted to Miami University, Wooster, & University of Dayton!
I was wait listed at Villanova and Case Western Reserve!
I was rejected at JMU!

And I have made my decision!

Only ONE person has correctly guessed where I am going! It's the UNIVERSITY OF DAYTON! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:
Hey, congrats buddy! You finally made a bloody decision! (I kid!) Anyway good for you. I have quite a few friends down in Dayton, but I doubt you'll see any of them. And hey, if you get bored I'll only be a hop, skip, and a few large jumps away! :D

And yes, this topic was THAT important that I came back to the boards after my hiatus and decided to post again. Consider yourself lucky! ;)

prberk

Congratulations!!! I hope you will keep us posted once you get there how you like it!

And, for what it is worth, I did not see this thread earlier, but I read your comments about why you would not want to go to an engineering-heavy school (such as VaTech, which I see was not on the list); and I must tell you that I agree. You are better off to be well-rounded, especially at the undergraduate level. While the sciences are important, the liberal arts classes will help you to sharpen your writing and communicating skills, while broadening your knowledge base at a critical time in your life. Just like preparation for any good "imagineer"!

Hooray, and best wishes.

[P.S.: Maybe all of us from the central Virginia area can find a way to get together at a restaurant or something sometime this summer before you go.... I've been thinking about that for sometime, anyway. Maybe this is a good incentive to make it happen!]

CleveRoks

Account Suspended
Congrats man!

Have fun in the 937! :lol: How much of a relief is it once you make that final decison? I mean, FINALLY no more people hasseling you to make a decision!

I just realized something.... your schools nickname: the FLYERS! :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom