WDWMagic photo spot idea!

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Too bad there isn't a permanent ladder to take a picture by....... And too bad Nature on the Rocks hasn't come back. Those would be great WDWMagic pictures! :ROFLOL:
Ah yes, the ULTRA exclusive WDWMagic photopass option where you pose in front of each of the parks 4 main icons holding up a superimposed ladder! :lol:

WDWFigment

I like the idea, but I think we need to get waaaaaaay more obscure than we have right now. I think we should go for something that most people wouldn't possibly have in their libraries. Something that would definitely says WDWMagic, because you would have to go out of your way for a picture near it.

Maybe in front of one of the Bathroom signs in Tomorrowland that has the male/female robots on them? Something like that...

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Some of our members are fond of taking pix with the Main Street Cigar Indian. :lookaroun

I have heard that rumor once or twice before. :shrug:

I do like your idea of a picture on the bridge where the IllumiNations barge comes out of. Obscure enough, but stills pays homage to the roots of this site.

I think we're going to need a poll soon...

NewfieFan

Original Poster
I like the idea, but I think we need to get waaaaaaay more obscure than we have right now. I think we should go for something that most people wouldn't possibly have in their libraries. Something that would definitely says WDWMagic, because you would have to go out of your way for a picture near it.

Maybe in front of one of the Bathroom signs in Tomorrowland that has the male/female robots on them? Something like that...

Yeah, I wanted something unique too but I just couldn't think of anything good and something that "screamed" WDWMagic! I was also wondering if something really obscure would scare away the newbies. I'd love for all to be able to take part (if they so desire)... newbies and fanboys alike!

Ok people, put on your thinking caps and come up something unique, obscure, etc. And it needs to have a WDWMagic "feel" to it!

I like the ladder idea myself... too bad there wasn't a permanent one on property!

Figment's Avatar has inspired lots of copy cats. Although mine didn't turn out. :( A ride pic would be cool, of course not everybody can ride space mountain. The Goofy Scarecrow in the Barnstormer Que line could be unique.

GenerationX

I think it would be cool for the picture to be in front of a sign, anywhere on property, with the word "Magic" in it. The word "Magic" should be prominent in the picture. Potential spots:

DHS - Magic of Disney Animation
MK - Mickey's Philharmagic, Magic Carpets of Aladdin
DD - The Magic Room at the World of Disney store (if there's a sign there)
Any bus, boat, or monorail sign mentioning Magic Kingdom

I'm sure there are many, many other occurrences of the word "Magic" in signs at WDW.

Nemo14

I think it would be cool for the picture to be in front of a sign, anywhere on property, with the word "Magic" in it. The word "Magic" should be prominent in the picture. Potential spots:

DHS - Magic of Disney Animation
MK - Mickey's Philharmagic, Magic Carpets of Aladdin
DD - The Magic Room at the World of Disney store (if there's a sign there)
Any bus, boat, or monorail sign mentioning Magic Kingdom

I'm sure there are many, many other occurrences of the word "Magic" in signs at WDW.
I like that! it leaves room for creativity.

Mad Stitch

Here is another idea to throw into the mix. What if we posted a picture of a location, but didn’t tell you where it was. Then you had to hunt down the location and post a picture of yourself at it. No cheating by PMing each other directions allowed. ;)

EPCOTPluto

What about on the Astro Orbiter?
Near Carousel of Progress?
Next to the Aloha Isle?
With the giant Mickey pumpkins?
By Fantasyland Skyway?
On Liberty Belle?
In Injun Joe's cave on Tom Sawyer Island?
Next to the Electric Umbrella?
By the Magic/Leapfrog Fountains?
Next to something Innoventions-esque?
By the EPCOT 25 time line?
The interior queue of JIIwF?
The green by Morocco and France?
The secluded cove from France facing to WS?
Inside the GMR?
Next to the black Toon Patrol car near Backlot Express?
On Tower of Terror?
In Keystone Clothiers?
Next to the Indiana Jones 3 vehicles?
Next to the 6 foot tall rabbit carved in the Tree of Life?
Next to Flame Tree BBQ sign?
Next to Seasons Hotel in Asia?
On Kali River Rapids?
Eating at Yak & Yeti's?

Just some ideas.... :animwink:

krankenstein

I like the ROE Bridge spot and the Magic sign one too. Now, who ise going to make a poll so I can participate next week? :lookaroun

WDWRLD

Some of our members are fond of taking pix with the Main Street Cigar Indian. :lookaroun

6220915.JPG

WDWRLD

I like this idea. It would be nice if it was somewhere that you could prop up uour camera so people who are alone can get a picture or even if its a few people everyone can be in the picture. Aww we would need is a railing, table of the most common Disney World tripod....the trash can. I know there seems to always be someone willing to take one for you but it would be nice to have that option.
I do agree that it needs to be a out of the way place for many reasons. One is not blocking up a walkway and also making it easier to get the shot without other people stepping in the way. Im sure we will come up with some awesome ideas. One I thought of was at the end of center street, its out of the way and everyone goes past there coming and going.

I really like this idea! It would be awesome if it was figured out before I go- I go this Tuesday, on the 4th.

I think an interesting spot might be near the Indiana Jones well in the Studios. Or maybe with that troll in the Norway store?

Or what you could do would be to have everyone take a picture by their favorite trash can! (because we don't think Disney World stinks--:ROFLOL::ROFLOL:)

I was going to suggest that cove behind France. It's usually a peaceful, empty area, as long as there aren't any characters hiding there.

I think my favorite idea is the Illuminations bridge one- very clever!

Wilt Dasney

I can't remember for sure, but it seems like I remember pictures being posted of Steve's and Beth's wedding inside the parks somewhere. (Tried searching, no luck.) Seems like if there were a fun location that could be taken from one of those pictures, you wouldn't be able to get any more "WDWMagic" than that.

Disneykidder

Dixie wrote what I thought...wear a wdwmagic shirt.

Kind of ordinary but classy....stand next to Walt n Mickey...maybe hold Walts other hand?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom