WDWMagic Imagineering's 20th Anniversary: The Platinum Celebration - Information Thread

Mickeynerd17

Since people are posting their projects in here, I'll just casually slide these two into the mix. ;)

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
I think it’s so wonderful not only that so many folx are creating their own personal threads with their own ideas and passion projects, but an awesome byproduct of that is the relentless creative energy on the forum! We haven’t really lost any momentum in the wake of SA7 ending and I just love to see it!! With two new games around the corner (and plenty more to come after that 😉💜), this is just awesome to see!!!

DashHaber

I think it’s so wonderful not only that so many folx are creating their own personal threads with their own ideas and passion projects, but an awesome byproduct of that is the relentless creative energy on the forum! We haven’t really lost any momentum in the wake of SA7 ending and I just love to see it!! With two new games around the corner (and plenty more to come after that 😉💜), this is just awesome to see!!!
It is definitely incredible just how much creative energy is flowing after such a big competition we had! It's some incredible momentum around here.

Speaking of, while it may not be a new thread, my Imagineering Toybox is always open for requests.

NateD1226

Bride or Bridezilla?

7DC430AC-1A2B-4E72-BBE0-AAF46119EC0A.jpeg

Find out this Halloween​

Sharon&Susan

Finished my Midway City project located in Universal Studios Hollywood, if anyone wants to read it here it is.

Outbound

I like how if I was to make a competition I’d have to wait till like Summer of next year (of course maybe there is space in this year but who’s to say that space isn’t already occupied)
Lol I think next year’s almost entirely booked as well.

For anyone looking to host, I think the best way to circumvent this challenge is for prospective hosts to pair up. You can combine original ideas for hosting and create an even better game!

tcool123

Original Poster
Lol I think next year’s almost entirely booked as well.

For anyone looking to host, I think the best way to circumvent this challenge is for prospective hosts to pair up. You can combine original ideas for hosting and create an even better game!
Another alternative is to work with the people who have events occurring during the time frame you may want to do something. For example So You Want to be an Imagineer is running all summer, but smaller scale more lowkey less serious competitions such as One Sentence and It Could Always Be Worse are able to run alongside the bigger competition.

One Sentence is able to continually run alongside bigger competitions thanks to the gimmick of only a few sentences requiring less time than say a massive Egyptian E-Ticket with a script and backstory for every character, myth, and rock.

Meanwhile It Could Always Be Worse begins after SYWTBAI has been running for a while allowing for players who have missed the start of the competition, been eliminated, or have recently join to still join a competition. ICABW is also planning to run a very unique idea with plenty of fun prompts with long periods to work on projects to help differ it from SYWTBAI.

A potential place to have a smaller scale competition may be next winter/spring dependent in how @Pi on my Cake and @Tegan pilots a chicken are planning on having One Little Spark start and end.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Another alternative is to work with the people who have events occurring during the time frame you may want to do something. For example So You Want to be an Imagineer is running all summer, but smaller scale more lowkey less serious competitions such as One Sentence and It Could Always Be Worse are able to run alongside the bigger competition.

One Sentence is able to continually run alongside bigger competitions thanks to the gimmick of only a few sentences requiring less time than say a massive Egyptian E-Ticket with a script and backstory for every character, myth, and rock.

Meanwhile It Could Always Be Worse begins after SYWTBAI has been running for a while allowing for players who have missed the start of the competition, been eliminated, or have recently join to still join a competition. ICABW is also planning to run a very unique idea with plenty of fun prompts with long periods to work on projects to help differ it from SYWTBAI.

A potential place to have a smaller scale competition may be next winter/spring dependent in how @Pi on my Cake and @Tegan pilots a chicken are planning on having One Little Spark start and end.

I'm sure there's some wiggle room depending on what you had in mind, Bee!
Based on our most recent discussions we are looking at ten weeks total, not counting like, pre-game hype thread and sign up window, just actual game.

So, as an example, based on our most up-to-date plan, if it started January 14th we would wrap on March 25th.

spacemt354

Chili's
G5hnfms.jpg

Premise
As part of the 20th Anniversary of the Imagineering forum, we have a first of its kind mashup of imagineering instruction and participation. The World Cup is a spiritual successor to 2016's The House Cup - a Harry Potter themed imagineering event.

FiliusFlitwick_PM_B1C10M2_CharmsClass_Moment.jpg

This September, imagineering students will be back at 'Hogwarts' but not to compete, but to learn from some of the best Professors the forum has to offer. For the Fall semester, some of our brightest minds will share their knowledge on how they design imagineering projects. Each week, a different imagineer will demonstrate in their own unique way, how they create custom artwork, videos, and more, in a step-by-step format. This is intended for all to learn from and try themselves in their current competitions such as The Imaginarium, One Sentence Competition, or personal projects to hone their own development as creators.

Then, in December of 2021, utilizing the theme of the Quidditch World Cup, players will choose a desired nation to represent, and play in a solo, single-elimination tournament to decide a winner.

Challenges will be voted on and created by the community, and stored in the Gringotts Bank of Challenges. Eight contestants representing eight different nations will compete in a 3-week bracket-style format, harkening back to one of the forum's past December competitions - the Elite Eight, last played in 2015.

9jZa4Xx.jpg

Challenges are designed to be small and manageable, but the stakes will be big! The intended cast for the game would be those who have never won an imagineering competition before and/or learned something from the Imagineering 'Professors' during the Fall (and then could use those new skills in the tournament!)

Estimated Timeline
September 7th (First Day of School)

Professor #1: September 7th
Professor #2: September 14th
Professor #3: September 21st
Professor #4: September 28th
-Fall Break-
Professor #5: October 12th
Professor #6: October 19th
-Halloween Break-
Professor #7: November 2nd
Professor #8: November 9th
Professor #9: November 16th
Professor #10: November 23rd

The World Cup Begins
Round #1: November 28th - December 4th
Round #2: December 5th - December 11th
Round #3: December 12th - December 18th

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom