WDW "What Is This?" On Google Maps/Earth

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Indeed, interesting stuff. I'm assuming that's just in front of the barges from the Electrical Water Pageant?

Yes...

1595029654718.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Just ran across this image from 11/2019 backstage at Magic Kingdom. Looks like rehearsal for something, but that's an lot of people in formation.

View attachment 484387

Well, I was wondering if was people or decorations staged to go out.

I measured the angle of the shadow and its length of the castle, and the sun was perfectly at 45 degrees, which means the shadow are as long as objects are tall. Then I measured these shadows and they tend to be in the range of 5.5 - 6.3 feet, which is average human height.

A few of the shadows in profile sorta looks like a marching band.

The picture is from Tuesday, Nov 26, 2019, about 1 PM. Two days before Thanksgiving.

So... dunno.

1595031312269.png

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Well, I was wondering if was people or decorations staged to go out.

I measured the angle of the shadow and its length of the castle, and the sun was perfectly at 45 degrees, which means the shadow are as long as objects are tall. Then I measured these shadows and they tend to be in the range of 5.5 - 6.3 feet, which is average human height.

A few of the shadows in profile sorta looks like a marching band.

The picture is from Tuesday, Nov 26, 2019, about 1 PM. Two days before Thanksgiving.

So... dunno.

View attachment 484392

I did some digging and found that Magic Kingdom does a Thanksgiving parade of bands.

Sweet Thing

Disney Performing Arts hosts high school bands often in the parks. If I remember correctly, that is the area they stage before they parade through the park. It is right next to the parade building where the rehearsals are.

pkkurz

The building near test track is the main cast entrance, lockers, etc

not sure what the other one is.

I've actually had a question similar to this I've wanted to post. View attachment 472224
I'm not sure what the square elevated roof line is in this complex. Diamond hotshot, Liberty tree tavern, and the jungle cruise restaurant/Adventureland veranda are surrounding it, but idk what actual center space is - especially for being so tall...unless the jungle navigation co is just way bigger than I thought.
Liberty tree, Diamond Horseshoe & Skipper Canteen share a combined kitchen. It is a very elaborate setup with different prep lines for each. I was able to tour the building on the “Taste of the Magic Kingdom“ tour.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom