WDW Vacation with rain...

glingo

Original Poster
I have been lucky in the past and only had to deal with breif rain showers. Most of the time it has been wonderful weather. This time my trip is from the 14th to the 21st and the way it looks with Ike and Josephine headed that way there is the potential for lots of rain.

Any tips for what to do if it does happen to rain most of the time?

CAPTAIN HOOK

Any tips for what to do if it does happen to rain most of the time?

Enjoy yourself - depending on how much it does rain will determine how empty the parks are. A lot of people may stay away - if your hardy (and daft) enough you could almost have the parks to yourselves

I.fikus

I like to bring my own rain gear, Disney ponchos are OK but a nice waterproof jacket stays on better and keeps me drier. I would also suggest some type of waterproof sandals without socks. Luckily it should be fairly warm when you are going so being a little wet will not be that bad. I am leaving this Saturday the 6th and am camping in Fort Wilderness so being being prepared for weather is a big issue.

glingo

Original Poster
I was wondering if many would reschedule their vacations because of the potentail of the weather. Rain, even torrential down pours don't bother me. I am a die hard football fan and have been exposed to it all! I will just bring the gear that I wear to games.

I had not thought about the not wearing socks thing. That's a great tip. Thanks!

I'm thinking about purchasing a heavy-duty raincoat and some waterproof sandals, but don't know where to look for such stuff. Does anybody have recommendations on where to get these things? Would a sporting goods store have it? A Target? I'll have to leave the city to get to a Target (which I can do) but just want to know if there's someplace else I should be looking...

Thanks!

kstella

A camping supply store might be a better option. When it rains, just dress up and keep going! Watch the pavement in Fantasyland, I've found it to be mildly slippery when wet.

gembob

When it is raining, it is a great time to get to and on the rides! Most people will won't move between the rides when it is raining but what is a bit of water!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom