WDW update 8-5-06

djronnieb

Original Poster
new DVC news and other breaking news about WDW!!!!

So I went to MGM and also took the DVC tour and here's what i have to report:

MGM:
-Muppet fountain still has a wall around it saying, "something new coming soon"

-Attendence was pretty light

-No other work seen

So I took the DVC tour because I am interested in becoming a member and I was waiting for the bus to take us from MGM to the DVC property and while waiting I was talking to the manager and first of all I asked him out of the blue what was up with the monorail, he flat out told me they looked into expanding it about 3-4 years ago, but the cost would have been well over $100 million just to expand it to MGM alone and they wanted to connect all the parks including downtown disney and the resorts. And they have no plans to expand it, because it would take way too long for them to recover the cost of building it. Next I asked him what was coming to MGM, if anything and he mentioned the million years of dreams, which we all know about. The other thing he said was that MGM would not be getting anything major as far as he knew, besides WWTBAMPI being replaced by a "buzz light year type ride" sometime in 2007. And he also said their major focus for MGM is "plusing" the current rides, including a complete referb of GMR, which would include all new effects and added scences sometime in 2007 or 2008. He then said that MK would be receiving a musical show sometime next year, but provided no further info on that. He also said that over the next few years there will be nothing major built in any of the parks besides "plusing" and "major referbs" of most the attractions and about 5-6 small new attractions being added over the next 2-3 years.

Once we got to the DVC and the sales guy finished telling us everything, he asked if I had any questions. I asked him if AKL would be receiving a DVC and he said yes and also there are plans to build 3 new DVC around the property in the very near future. That's all I could get from him.

I think I've covered everything, please ask any questions I'll try to answer them.

DDCT4U

lots of talk going on about a narnia ride. heard lots of details. should be pretty incredible. they have so much space at MGM, so they really have a lot of possibilites.

the narnia ride would rock, if it goes thru.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom