Trip Report WDW Trip #9 - 500 days of waiting (COMPLETED)

Hi all

So as of this evening, it became official. In a little over 500 days time, I will be embarking on my ninth WDW adventure. As with the previous eight trips, there's always something new to discover or something different to experience and I hope to document it here.

Alas, 500 days is a long time to wait, so I invite you all to experience my wait with me. And then, when the big day finally comes, I invite you all to share it with me via this thread.

The main focus of the trip will be on myself and my brother. After a lot of discussion, we ultimately decided on staying at CSR - a resort we have earmarked (no pun intended!) for a while. Our folks will be joining us on the trip, but they will be staying at POFQ.

Despite this being my ninth trip, no doubt I will have some questions along the way which I'm sure the seasoned WDW experts out there will be able to assist me with. Likewise, I'm always willing to impart my wisdom on those who may require it!

So sit back and enjoy. 500 days will pass in no time. I hope!

Last edited:

susan lees

You can book flights for November 2018?! I thought airlines only released their flight schedules 11 months in advance.
We've done this a few times. Virgin class it as a package because you've booked the car. I like the fact you only have to pay a deposit. Longer to save up:) Of course I have to be really strict not to look at flight prices later in case they are cheaper!

The Mighty Tim

Original Poster
August 22, 2017 (384 days to go)

My reservation has appeared in My Disney Experience now! It says I can check in online in 324 days - i.e. at the 60 days to go mark. I don't remember this from before. Is this a new thing?

Anyway, time to see what colour MagicBands are available this time!

susan lees

August 22, 2017 (384 days to go)

My reservation has appeared in My Disney Experience now! It says I can check in online in 324 days - i.e. at the 60 days to go mark. I don't remember this from before. Is this a new thing?

Anyway, time to see what colour MagicBands are available this time!
Mine too! So exciting. My countdown is 440 days so still long way to go lol.

The Mighty Tim

Original Poster
September 10, 2017 (365 days to go)

Yes, that's right readers. I'm precisely one year away from my trip. I'm glad I'm going this date next year and not this year.

Anyway, with being one year out, there's not much to do at this stage except mark this important milestone. Though I have customised my new Magic Band for this trip - opting for a yellow one this time instead of orange that I went for last time. I've still got a few more months though in case I change my mind.

Stay tuned for more updates. I'm sure they'll increase in frequency the closer I get to the trip. In the meantime, if you're there at the moment, stay safe!

Ms.Sunshine

Definitely following along! I'm planning a large June 2019 trip with 14 other family members!:eek: I am counting down the days until the 499 day window opens for us.:D

The Mighty Tim

Original Poster
November 14, 2017 (300 days to go)

Since I've reached another countdown milestone, I thought I'd do another update. Though, there isn't much to update at the moment as there's not much to do this far out. However, flights are now available and I've been checking prices. When the flights first came online, the price difference between British Airways and Virgin Atlantic were crazy. I could fly on BA first class for cheaper than economy on Virgin. The prices have now changed to something more sensible now. I'm aware that prices can change, but I'm hoping to get the flights sorted soon as I'm going away for a potentially exciting work adventure for three months starting in three weeks time. This also means that my next milestone related update may end up being slightly delayed as I'll be on my way home from my work trip (hopefully) at the T-200 days mark.

On a slightly related note, today is the second anniversary of bringing home our dog for the first time. The relevance to Disney is two fold. Firstly, by sheer coincidence he was born the day before we went to WDW last time. Secondly, he has a brown patch on his head that resembles a Hidden Mickey!

The Mighty Tim

Original Poster
March 14, 2018 (180 days to go)

Yes, that's right, dear readers. I'm at the 180 days to go point, and you know what that means. It's ADR booking time! Like the previous trip, we had one that we really wanted to do, and that was the Coral Reef restaurant. As expected, there was space and so we have made our first ADR for the forthcoming trip.

I'm hoping the next six months fly by!

Last edited:

The Mighty Tim

Original Poster
March 22, 2018 (172 days to go)

In order to prepare me for the new attraction and also to see what the fuss was about, the other day I sat down to watch Frozen.

Somehow I don't think I am the target demographic for that movie.

The Mighty Tim

Original Poster
April 23, 2018 (140 days to go)

I'm now at the 20 weeks to go point. It seems like a long time to wait, but then I think back to the fact that 20 weeks ago, I was about to embark on another amazing adventure, and that doesn't seem too long ago. So, hopefully the wait won't be too bad.

Speaking of time, I can't believe it's been a year since I booked the trip!

The Mighty Tim

Original Poster
June 16, 2018 (86 days to go)

So, I thought I would introduce you to the Lego version of me:
DSC_0230.JPG

Since 2016, he's accompanied me on all my trips around the world (both work trips and holidays). This year will be his first trip to WDW! He even has his own travel blog!

DSC_0357.JPG
DSC_0449.JPG
P1050205.JPG

If anyone has any suggestions as to where in WDW my Lego man can have his picture taken, I'll see what I can do

21stamps

June 16, 2018 (86 days to go)

So, I thought I would introduce you to the Lego version of me:View attachment 290463

Since 2016, he's accompanied me on all my trips around the world (both work trips and holidays). This year will be his first trip to WDW! He even has his own travel blog!

View attachment 290465View attachment 290467View attachment 290468

If anyone has any suggestions as to where in WDW my Lego man can have his picture taken, I'll see what I can do

Love this!!!! Hold him in your hand in front of the castle, have the photo pass photog zoom up with castle in background :) Maybe have a character hold him in his own shot as well?

The Mighty Tim

Original Poster
July 12, 2018 (60 days to go)

So we're at the 60 day mark, which means FP time. However, I was only able to get one of the three FPs I set out to get today. Since the four of us have a dinner reservation at EPCOT on one day and we all wanted to ride Test Track together, I was able to get that FP for all of us. Next, I wanted to get a Soarin' FP for three of us on the same day, but then I discovered that you can't do that. I also wanted to get a FP for the three of us at a particular time of day for the Dwarf Train at MK, but there were not available at the time I wanted, so we'll have to go and rethink.

Last time I went, I didn't FP anything in advance and I managed to ride nearly everything I wanted, so it might not be so bad if I don't get everything. But it would be nice.

Anyway, not long to go now!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom