Trip Report WDW Trip #9 - 500 days of waiting (COMPLETED)

Hi all

So as of this evening, it became official. In a little over 500 days time, I will be embarking on my ninth WDW adventure. As with the previous eight trips, there's always something new to discover or something different to experience and I hope to document it here.

Alas, 500 days is a long time to wait, so I invite you all to experience my wait with me. And then, when the big day finally comes, I invite you all to share it with me via this thread.

The main focus of the trip will be on myself and my brother. After a lot of discussion, we ultimately decided on staying at CSR - a resort we have earmarked (no pun intended!) for a while. Our folks will be joining us on the trip, but they will be staying at POFQ.

Despite this being my ninth trip, no doubt I will have some questions along the way which I'm sure the seasoned WDW experts out there will be able to assist me with. Likewise, I'm always willing to impart my wisdom on those who may require it!

So sit back and enjoy. 500 days will pass in no time. I hope!

Last edited:

susan lees

I've really enjoyed your report. I can't believe my first comment was over a year ago! We go in just over six weeks and also have qs dining plan but we are sharing with my two adult kids who decided to join us a few months ago. We also plan a few out of pocket meals and a couple of days off site. Safe journey home.

The Mighty Tim

Original Poster
I've really enjoyed your report. I can't believe my first comment was over a year ago! We go in just over six weeks and also have qs dining plan but we are sharing with my two adult kids who decided to join us a few months ago. We also plan a few out of pocket meals and a couple of days off site. Safe journey home.

Thanks. I can't believe I started this thread as long ago as I did! Hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I did experiencing it!

Hope you enjoy your trip! :)

The Mighty Tim

Original Poster
Final Thoughts

I've been home for about 24 hours now, so I've had time to reflect and prepare my final thoughts on my recent trip.

The Good

* I tried a number of new experiences/attractions this time. Some have been there for a while, whilst others were new additions since my last trip. In nearly all of these new experiences, I didn't Google too much about them or watch videos and as a result, when I experienced them for the first time, it made it even more special. So, this is going to be my approach for the new attractions (e.g. Guardians, TRON etc)
* When Fast Pass works, it works well.
* Coronado Springs is a really nice resort (leaking toilets aside)
* I really like the Food and Wine festival

The Not So Good

* Obviously out of everyone's control, but the weather was super hot. Even the locals said as much.
* I didn't come away with as many souvenirs as I usually do. This was because I found it difficult to find stuff I like. For instance, I found that many of the T-shirts for instance were "couples" t-shirts. I'm not normally a big souvenir purchaser anyway, but all I came back with this time was a t-shirt and a mug with all the old EPCOT logos on (plus a whole bunch of American snack treats I can't find in the UK!)
* Still waiting for the Photopass people to find our Kylo Ren pictures from the day where the photo system went screwy...

Overall, I had a great time, and I'm looking forward to returning again soon. Tentatively, that trip is scheduled for 2021, but who knows?

Anyway, I'll leave you with some of my Lego Man pictures!

DSC_0074.JPG

DSC_0079.JPG
DSC_0093.JPG
DSC_0094.JPG
DSCPDC_0003_BURST20180912164604608_COVER.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom