Pre-Trip WDW Trip #10 - Back later than expected

Hi all

You may remember that a few months ago, I returned from my ninth WDW trip as seen here: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/wdw-trip-9-500-days-of-waiting-completed.926455/. Originally, we were going to return to the world three years later, as was the custom.

Our plans have changed. For you see, this very evening, I have just booked my tenth trip to WDW, which will be occurring in 2020!

However, just like last time, I've booked this one over 500 days in advance. But now that the deposit has been paid, the hotel and tickets booked, all I need to do for now is sit back and wait - for a while.

Join me in my waiting game as I'll be posting updates in the build up to the great day and then, once the trip begins, you'll be able to share it with me.

Only 507 days to go. . .

The Mighty Tim

Original Poster
May 01, 2019 (505 days to go)

So, a little more about the trip. Over the six previous trips, we've stayed at six different WDW resorts. For this trip however, we will be returning to a previously visited resort - in this case, Coronado Springs, which is where we were last time.

We're also going for 12 nights instead of 10, which means we don't have to try and cram everything in and we can have a downtime day (or two) midway through the trip.

The Mighty Tim

Original Poster
September 17, 2019 (366 days to go)

Well, this time next year, I shall hopefully close to arriving at WDW for my tenth visit. Since my last update, I've been thinking about ADRs and am eagerly anticipating Galaxy's Edge. I'm a little disappointed that my favourite park EPCOT will be in flux when I'm there next time, but it will be fine I'm sure.

Anyway, this trip I will actually have something to celebrate, because I've just bought my first house. I wonder if I can get a badge for that when I get there (even though by the time I get there, it will have been over a year since the move!)

I'll put more trip planning updates as things get exciting nearer the time. In the meantime, my one year countdown starts now!!

The Mighty Tim

Original Poster
November 24, 2019 (298 days to go)

Just booked the flights. Now I've got a few months to think about ADRs. We're thinking about Teppan Edo and Garden Grill but we're open to suggestions.

The Mighty Tim

Original Poster
January 01, 2020 (260 days to go)

Well, now I can say that I'm going to WDW this year!!

My brother is up for doing the Savi's Workshop lightsabre building experience. I'm still debating as to whether to do it myself or build a droid. Or both. Or neither! Lots to think about over the next few months anyway!

The Mighty Tim

Original Poster
March 21, 2020 (180 days to go)

Well, here we are at the 180 days to go mark. Though with everything going on at the moment, I'm not 100% convinced that my trip will go ahead in September. Despite that, we plan to start making our ADRs very soon. We're thinking Teppan Edo and Garden Grill at the moment.

The Mighty Tim

Original Poster
June 22, 2020

Well, it was inevitable and had been for some time. Having been presented with three options by WDW as to how we wanted to proceed with the upcoming trip, today I had the dubious honour of pulling the trigger and cancelling it. Going in September this year was simply not an option and we didn't want to rebook for 2021 until we had a better idea of how things were going to be at the parks. I've been preparing myself for this for a while. The cancellation process was largely unceremonious; a simple click of the cancel button and that was it. Not even an "are you sure you want to do this?".

But all is not lost. We do intend to return in 2021 or 2022; we're just not sure when. As a result, I'm not ending this pre-trip report yet. I'm just putting it on hold.

Until then...
the_end.gif

The Mighty Tim

Original Poster
September 17, 2020

I should be writing this from the airport hotel, for today was the day we were supposed to head off. Alas, this is not the case, but I remain hopeful of a return in the not-too-distant future.

The Mighty Tim

Original Poster
June 6, 2021 (473 days to go)

I announce to you all a great joy! As of this afternoon, we have rebooked our trip for next year in order to take advantage of the offers for us here in the UK.

By the time Autumn 2022 rolls around, I'll be ready for my trip! But between now and then, there's lots of things to plan.

Now, what parks should I reserve for each day....?

Songbird76

June 6, 2021 (473 days to go)

I announce to you all a great joy! As of this afternoon, we have rebooked our trip for next year in order to take advantage of the offers for us here in the UK.

By the time Autumn 2022 rolls around, I'll be ready for my trip! But between now and then, there's lots of things to plan.

Now, what parks should I reserve for each day....?
How exciting!! Do you think there will still be a reservation system in place for the parks by next fall? I really hope they don't continue with the current system where you can't park hop until 2:00. Good luck with your reservations!!

The Mighty Tim

Original Poster
How exciting!! Do you think there will still be a reservation system in place for the parks by next fall? I really hope they don't continue with the current system where you can't park hop until 2:00. Good luck with your reservations!!

It's my understanding that reservations are in placr until January 2023. I think our plan will be to secure a reservation for a park soon and then refine selections nearer the time.

I'm just hoping I can get a reservation for Rise of the Resistance when I'm there and also secure a Savi's Workshop booking too!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom