WDW to Raise All Buffet Prices By Almost 50%?

WDW1974

Original Poster
That was a question. Not a news point.

But this is apparently spreading through the Twitverse. That prices will go up drastically this fall and every buffet meal will be two credits on the Disney Dining Plan.

Again, I am not reporting this as more than rumor and asking what others have heard.

But I am also saying this sounds exactly like something Disney would do, especially with attendance and hotel bookings way down thus far in 2016 (no, I don't care that you waited 90 minutes to ride Tron Track today ... that just makes you stupid, it doesn't make WDW's financials great!)

wdwfan4ver

I think Disney is trying to encourage people to get the deluxe Dinning plan and trying to phase out the dining plan that has 1 credit for snack,1 credit for counter service, and credit for table service per day.

I know early in the week that Disney had a glitch for Tusker House costing 2 credits.

Trail's End is a great buffet, but it's not worth 2 credits over. Disney is catering to people that have the attitude that spending $200.00 admission price for the Magic Kingdom is a bargain.

Last edited:

WDW1974

Original Poster
Does this effect ohana?

I have no idea. I placed this RUMOR out because it is picking up steam and I'd like to know ... I suppose you could always call or email Disney execs and social media's Cupcake. Disney loved it when they got called on the Guardians of the Galaxy to ToT deal.

Oh, speaking of that ... did I hear that plans for the bar near the shop were canceled?

JWG

I don't think all buffets will be 2 credits or jump 50% in price. I do think the most popular character buffets will. I think you'll see Chef Mickey's, Askershus, and maybe a couple of others increase substantially - but not all and certainly not "basic" buffets such as Wave or Trails End.

hanwill

If that happens- there will be no more trips for us... last week- 7 people, ( 4 adults, two teenagers and a 5 year old) at at Garden Grill... for $350. For one meal!!!!! This cannot continue. They will see empty restaurants if this happens. And no more trips for us!
(this was the one meal my Dad commented on for dining... usually it was around $250 before tip). Insane really. (And no dining plan wasn't an option because my husband had to leave our trip early so it would not have made sense for us to buy his meals for the week....)

Last edited:

WDW1974

Original Poster
I think Disney is trying to encourage people to get the deluxe Dinning plan and trying to phase out the dining plan that has 1 credit for snack,1 credit for counter service, and credit for table service per day.

I know early in the week that Disney had a glitch for Tusker House costing 2 credits.

Trail's End is a great buffet, but it's not wroth 2 credits over. Disney is catering to people that have the attitude that spending $200.00 admission price for the Magic Kingdom is a bargain.

Oh, you mean rubes and their money?

Biff215

IMO, these meals already weren't worth the prices being charged, especially the kids' prices. Any significant price hike is out of control and needs to stop. My family has already cut back on these set price meals, and will avoid them completely at any higher cost. My wife and I are fortunate to make good money, but we simply can't justify a breakfast for two adults and two children that costs well over $100. In the past this would be limited to a splurge dinner at the California Grill or Narcoosee's. Now it's nearly every buffet/family style meal. Who can do that for a week long vacation?

Disone

That was a question. Not a news point.

But this is apparently spreading through the Twitverse. That prices will go up drastically this fall and every buffet meal will be two credits on the Disney Dining Plan.

Again, I am not reporting this as more than rumor and asking what others have heard.

But I am also saying this sounds exactly like something Disney would do, especially with attendance and hotel bookings way down thus far in 2016 (no, I don't care that you waited 90 minutes to ride Tron Track today ... that just makes you stupid, it doesn't make WDW's financials great!)

I would have my doubts about that. I do not foresee a jump in price as drastic as that. I have heard that free dinning plan will be offered this summer. I have heard prices are rising on F&B, but nothing on the scale of 50%.

BrerJon

I think this could be a way to squeeze money out of the free diners. Free Dining is something that's often offered, especially to Europeans, to encourage on-property stays, but if Disney reduces the amount of restaurants you can get for a single free credit, then as long as some are still single credit they can say with a straight face that free dining covers all meals, but in reality most people will use up the free credits and have to pay cold hard cash for at least some of them.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom