WDW to Build New North Entrance to Property

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Gonna be challenging around shift change near the Poly. We stay at SoG and its already pretty bad without adding in more traffic. Two pedestrian walkways into the mix GF and SoG.

ILOVEDISNEY

Yay!!! It’s been a long time coming. However, from the survey work I saw a couple months ago more changes are coming headed south to the split.

ILOVEDISNEY

Reams Road is going to be four lanes from CR 535 to Summerlake Park Blvd in a few years. Construction could be starting this year according to the latest proposals I’ve read with completion in 2023. It’s all part of the original Horizon West master plan. Horizon West has over 25,000 residents already.

raymusiccity

Darn...I like the north entrance being "hidden" and a thing only locals know about. I can understand though since they've been building a ton of housing right outside it. ---really wish that wouldn't have happened. So much for having a "buffer" - with all the housing being built there's barely any land between that and bay lake.

There doesn't seem to be any obstacles or reasons why you can't still come through the 'old' north entrance.......I just wish that there was a 'Welcome to Disney World' sign of some sort. :cool: It still seems like a great way for guests from the Contemporary to travel up to Publix and other shopping on that side of the World.

DHSCM

Took this yesterday, as already announced above will open on the 10th. very excited to not have to drive through westclock any more and will also bi pass the awful closures during perimeter fireworks and even a normal night of fireworks at mk

Attachments

• IMG_4517.jpg
    IMG_4517.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 211

Rob562

As someone on Reams Road, I agree! Now I wonder if Google, etc will adjust the GPS coding to allow for pass-thru. Ever try to take an UBER from TTC to Reams Road? 35-40 mins by GPS because I think Disney had the backlot blacklisted from access. Interesting to see what happens.

Waze (owned by Google) is very good at updating new roads on the map very quickly, especially those in high-traffic areas. Though I'll admit it all depends on the area's map editors and how on-the-ball they are.

Here in Massachusetts there was a redesign of an interchange between two major highways. The new ramp from one to the other opened and it was reflected on the map the very next day. (The old ramp now only leads to a local road and they had to install signs along there to get people who are following out-of-date GPS maps looped around and back on the road they were trying to go to)

-Rob

mmouse

Reams Road is going to be four lanes from CR 535 to Summer lake Park Blvd in a few years. Construction could be starting this year according to the latest proposals I’ve read with completion in 2023. It’s all part of the original Horizon West master plan. Horizon West has over 25,000 residents already.
Makes a lot of sense and will look forward to it. Im assuming they will continue all the way past summer lake to Ficquette where they already have two lanes for 2 cars in each direction.

DHSCM

for some reason still pushed back again.. can disney not even open a road? Ironic how disney has those dream builders signs up that say "everyone needs deadlines" yet a access road cant make projected timeline... new expected date is the 16th

Attachments

• IMG_4732.jpg
    IMG_4732.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 206

peter11435

for some reason still pushed back again.. can disney not even open a road? Ironic how disney has those dream builders signs up that say "everyone needs deadlines" yet a access road cant make projected timeline... new expected date is the 16th
I can’t speak for the current delay but the major hold up on opening this road for the last few months has been the county and not Disney/RCID.

Hotamber

With this and Crossroads/hotel Blvd projects the first entrances to WDW will be long gone. I remember they used to have WDW security booths by Reams Road and Fort Wilderness it let you know you were entering the Magic Kingdom. Sadly now with the Publix strip mall, chain restaurants, traffic circles and track housing it is just like anywhere else. I think it is time to add more capacity to the parks and less to Golden Oak and Flamingo Crossings

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom