WDW Ticket Price Increase

TikibirdLand

FTFY. Epcot Art/Wine ends this weekend, Flower/Wine starts in March and runs through June, Food/Wine doesn’t start till August and runs through November, followed by 5 weeks of the Cookies/Wine festival.
And this is why EPCoT can't be properly fixed. It's also why my family can't stroll WS without seeing at least one drunk group ruining things for everyone. Don't get me started with all the food booths.

Lilofan

And this is why EPCoT can't be properly fixed. It's also why my family can't stroll WS without seeing at least one drunk group ruining things for everyone. Don't get me started with all the food booths.
I think there is some sort of gate? built at the entrance of the Epcot / Mexico pyramid. Back in the day, the drunks would climb the pyramid while being filmed by other guests.

doctornick

I don’t see how DVC can exist without APs, and I think Disney wants to keep DVC. They can try but there is no way people buy into the timeshare and accept having to pay for day tickets.

Also DLR does not work without APs, they’re eventually going to come back too

I would wonder what percentage of DVC owners who have APs. I'm not sure its as high as you are implying; I think a number of DVC owners don't have a massive amount of point but have enough so they can go every 2-3 years via banking/borrowing but I have no idea.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I would wonder what percentage of DVC owners who have APs. I'm not sure its as high as you are implying; I think a number of DVC owners don't have a massive amount of point but have enough so they can go every 2-3 years via banking/borrowing but I have no idea.
If they bought it for 3 years…they missed the entire point.

for what? A “grand villa” where you can cook lunch and do laundry?

…I don’t know DVC AP percentages…it’s not “Insignificant”…but not 50%…

but I think the gist of it is “buy our fabulous timeshares in the parking lots of our world class theme parks…where you can have the privilege of Paying $150…maybe $200…maybe $300 per day to get your 3 year old in”

hard kinda sell.

wutisgood

The recent price hike on APs has probably pushed a lot of them out of APs... but then again the recent price hike might push them back into APs. If I were a locked in DVC member with a decent amount of points I would probably get more value going once a year to disney and then selling some of the points to people to fund vacations to places that treat their guests better for less money.

Diamond Dot

I think the real issue is - the number of lemmings who want to travel has increased 100 fold. Did you see the ride wait times today? I could see if it was crowded the week OF Presidents Day, but the Wednesday before? The parks are packed, even with the crazy prices and some things still not offered.
i figure part of it is revenge travel, part of it is people who aren’t vaccinated who don’t want to risk being turned away at their destination (and/or testing positive on their return and stuck in quarantine) choosing WDW instead, and some of it is the whole ‘I need to get this Instagram shot’ thing. Every ‘pretty’ destination in the US is packed 24/7/365 these last 18-20 months. My NPS contacts have never seen anything like it - campsites sold out, lines to take photos in front of natural wonders.
i think Disney looks at the crowds at the ticket booths and thinks ‘wonder if the lines will go down if we charge more?’ And if they don’t - then they just keep pressing on with the capitalism.
But, capitalism is worshipped in the US.

Diamond Dot

As a 'lemming' as described by one poster on this thread, I'll just say the people still go to Disney for a variety of reasons. Many go in hope of a magical vacation and are, sadly disappointed because the commercials and the modern reality are poles apart, it's classic mis selling to people who don't do research on the products they buy. Many go simply to create content fodder for their social media pages, so called vloggers and the idiotic term 'influencers'. I would estimate 80 to 90% of these would never go to a family theme park if there were no social media or YouTube to post their needy narcissism on. If you look at when the numbers started exploding at Disney it is around the same time social media exploded. It correlates with the issue of young people suffering mental health issues.
I digress. This 'lemming ' cannot wait to go back, I'm prepared for what expect, including drunk and also aggressive entitled guests of all kinds, long lines at attractions and crowded parks, but, this has me planning a trip different to one I've done before, I shall try and do every attraction I like, even if it is just the once, I will queue for certain rides and prepare myself for a long wait at those. I will play it by ear. I shall eat out, browse shops, enjoy a Starbucks coffee and Ghiradelli ice cream sundae, a nice breakfast and dinner at TS restaurants and I get to go out in the evenings, all things I can't do in my everyday life. To be honest, the attractions play second fiddle to most of my plans.
I've paid my money and I've made my choices. And as I've paid my money then I'm entitled to exactly the same as anyone else at the park, so if the only table available is a four person one then I will take it if I already have my food, the lack of smaller tables is not my fault, so don't get uppity if I do.

Lilofan

Stocks will rise when capitalism prospers. My money invested in the markets, 401K, long term etc sets me and my family up for the future and my money is working harder then I do. I see no issue with that. With some of the profits , I use that to enjoy a vacation at WDW as one example. Count me in as a capitalism fan. Some I know go into more debt when going on vacation. That's the bed they made and they need to be prepared to sleep in.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Our VERSION of capitalism is…which like every other economic theory ever decided on a daily basis what is and is not important of the “principles”

my stance in 30 years of studying Disney - outside, inside, outside - is that their brand allows them to operate beyond the principles/limits of what “capitalism” really is. And that is almost unique in this of any other market

Whippet Mom

1-3 days stayed the same.

4-day base ticket went from $434.83-$596.74 to $447.70-$596.74 (including tax)

5-day base ticket went from $463.56-$630.85 to $484.52-$646.87

6-day base ticket went from $477.79-$645.91 to $496.43-$672.25

7-day base ticket went from $492.06-$661.56 to $511.10-$694.96

8-day base ticket went from $518.17-$678.83 to $545.19-$716.20

9-day base ticket went from $536.00-$691.93 to $563.46-$738.66

10-day base ticket went from $553.69-$703.65 to $582.09-$752.40

Park Hopper

1-2 days stayed the same

3-day park hopper went from $415.77-$555.88 to $416.37-$555.88

4-day park hopper went from $525.35-$687.27 to $540.89-$687.27

5-day park hopper went from $554.09-$721.38 to $572.47-$739.92

6-day park hopper went from $568.32-$736.44 to $586.96-$762.77

7-day park hopper went from $582.59-$752.08 to $601.63-$785.48

8-day park hopper went from $608.69-$769.36 to $628.04-$810.55

9-day park hopper went from $626.53-$782.46 to $649.96-$827.00

10-day park hopper went from $644.22-$794.17 to $671.55-$841.86

Park Hopper Plus

1-2 days stayed the same

3-day park hopper went from $437.07-$577.18 to $437.67-$577.18

4-day park hopper went from $546.65-$708.57 to $559.53-$708.57

5-day park hopper went from $575.39-$742.68 to $593.53-$761.22

6-day park hopper went from $589.62-$757.74 to $612.02-$784.07

7-day park hopper went from $603.89-$773.38 to $622.98-$806.78

8-day park hopper went from $629.99-$790.66 to $653.57-$828.03

9-day park hopper went from $647.83-$803.76 to $678.94-$844.66

10-day park hopper went from $665.52-$815.47 to $698.43-$863.16
What I really hate is they keep raising ticket prices yet they keep charging you more and more to ride rides with all their new up charges in the form of Genie and lightning Lane

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
What I really hate is they keep raising ticket prices yet they keep charging you more and more to ride rides with all their new up charges in the form of Genie and lightning Lane
That was a given from the start. The Bobs have stood in front of investors for 10 years and said they are gonna charge more for everything…old and the new.

Why does anyone doubt or defend that? It’s not a conspiracy…right out in broad daylight.

Consumers must play their role: either pay for it or don’t…just don’t waiver and lose sight of the reality.

If you believe in the free market…then this is a requirement…not a matter of “opinion”

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Exactly, One of the reasons this already paid for trip will be our last. We have both retired and have now been priced out of WDW vacations. Luckily there are 50 states to visit with lots of awesome places to see..

Indeed. And if you feel the need to see some better Disney theme parks, there are ones in Paris and Tokyo waiting for you, if your finances can accommodate it. :)

spock8113

Like everything else from gasoline to hamburger meat, they all are using the pandemic as an excuse to get back the proceeds they lost whilst everyone was locked down. It is happening worldwide and rest assured, prices will never go back down because shareholders will quickly become comfortable with increased dividends.

PolynesianPrincess

A 7-day park hopper is now nearly $800, because let's be honest, there aren't a lot of times during the year when it won't come closer to the higher price than the lower price. In 2015, the same 7-day park hopper cost $400.

I was just looking at my AP comparisons... in 2001 we paid $349 no blackout dates... 2011 we paid $519 no blackout dates (increase of $170 over 10 years) In 2021 the same AP is $1,195 (increase of $676 over 10 years)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom